Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by OFT »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:overshadowed by Diangana today, but very very tidy indeed.....
That's very good!

:D
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

Interesting to know if he/they still see him moving into the centre of defence long-term or if that’s slowly changing.
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by clawhammer »

BondsoBob wrote:He won't be here much longer. It's not just about the money is it ?
He knows that if he goes to Chelsea, Man. City, Liverpool, or even Tottenham he's got infinitely more chance of winning trophies then he has if he stays at West Ham.
It really pains me to say that, but it's the truth. As long as he doesn't start coming out with all that 'I love West Ham but...blah, blah, blah'. Because that really winds me up.
How would joining Tottenham help him win trophies? Get a grip ffs.
It must be a priority now to get him signed up.
Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Viking_Hammer »

I hope the board doesn't f**k this one up. You'd have to be proper daft not to realize his potential and importance to our future.
MilkyBarKid16
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by MilkyBarKid16 »

Viking_Hammer wrote:I hope the board doesn't f**k this one up. You'd have to be proper daft not to realize his potential and importance to our future.
They'll f**k it up like they've f**ked everything else up. Rice won't be a West Ham player by the time he's 21
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

City are lining him up as a replacement for Fernandinho, apart from the age gap 33 v 19, they are very similar players ... Rice would be a natural replacement and no way will we match City money ...

Hope against hope that he won't go to a London rival, all the London press boys are expecting Spurs to make a move in January ... need to slap that down hard .....
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I can see Sullivan and gold being tempted by a loan back deal with city. They buy him and loan him back to us.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

As mentioned on the transfer thread I think he will end up back at Chelsea in a couple of years
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

Georgee Paris wrote:I can see Sullivan and gold being tempted by a loan back deal with city. They buy him and loan him back to us.
EPL Transfer Rules

Under the rules in the Premier League Handbook 2017/18, there are restrictions on how many players Premier League clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs.

They are:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club

What City can do is agree a deal for June .... and leave him with us until then ....
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Any coincidence that since the contract talks have been ongoing his performances have improved?

So long as he gets the rewards for his performance levels, I'm happy with that.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I note a West Ham fan has set up a GoFundMe page to pay for his new contract. He has turned down a contract offer of £15,000-a-week and wants closer to £40,000. That is approx. £2m a year, but the board are dragging their heels, however, this campaign, which was created on Sunday evening, is yet to have anyone pledge any money
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Puff Daddy wrote:I note a West Ham fan has set up a GoFundMe page to pay for his new contract. He has turned down a contract offer of £15,000-a-week and wants closer to £40,000. That is approx. £2m a year, but the board are dragging their heels, however, this campaign, which was created on Sunday evening, is yet to have anyone pledge any money
I appreciate the sentiment, but let's face it, whatever happens Declan will be a millionaire sooner or later, so the GoFundMe page is a bit over the top, and a bit embarrassing really.
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Declan's startling rise from promising youngster to first team regular has caught everybody out. I suspect no deal will be signed in the immeadiate future because his current superb form makes anything currently in the pipeline obsolete. Assuming his continued success I'd expect a new deal to be announce sometime in the new year. The more lucrative and longer his contract is, the more another club would need to pay to tempt him away, so I doubt that he's not going to get what he wants.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Any coincidence that since the contract talks have been ongoing his performances have improved?

So long as he gets the rewards for his performance levels, I'm happy with that.
I don't see it that way, he's been improving game on game since he got in the squad
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Can you imagine those scum bags from North London acting like this with a talent like Declan, Levy would have him wrapped up in a 10 year contract months ago
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Ozza wrote:Can you imagine those scum bags from North London acting like this with a talent like Declan, Levy would have him wrapped up in a 10 year contract months ago
Yep, I thought exactly the same.
Denzil
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 529 likes

Post by Denzil »

Ozza wrote:Can you imagine those scum bags from North London acting like this with a talent like Declan, Levy would have him wrapped up in a 10 year contract months ago

You're comparing someone who knows how to run a football club vs someone who thinks they know how to run a football club
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1995 likes
Total likes: 1671 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

dave

they would have to purchase him outright for him to go to them in June.

Pezza says his contract is up in 2020 and according to the KUMB contract link it is.

there has been some back and forth whether or not it includes a 1 year option and whose option that is.

however let's say 2019 (same rule would apply to 2020 though)

only FOREIGN clubs i.e. clubs outside England can sign a pre Bosman move. 6 months for Foreign clubs. English clubs cannot negotiate with him (or anyone) "officially" under that rule. (didn't stop all of the talk and fruition with Fredericks) but that's the deal.

Dembele went to Celtic under the Bosman from Fulham because they could negotiate as they are outside England.

Officially as I say..players have been tapped up no doubt, proving it is more difficult and if it were, my guess is itsy bitsy slap on the wrist would follow.

unless it were us then a massive 25M fine and relegation.

IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:dave

they would have to purchase him outright for him to go to them in June.

Pezza says his contract is up in 2020 and according to the KUMB contract link it is.

there has been some back and forth whether or not it includes a 1 year option and whose option that is.

however let's say 2019 (same rule would apply to 2020 though)

only FOREIGN clubs i.e. clubs outside England can sign a pre Bosman move. 6 months for Foreign clubs. English clubs cannot negotiate with him (or anyone) "officially" under that rule. (didn't stop all of the talk and fruition with Fredericks) but that's the deal.

Dembele went to Celtic under the Bosman from Fulham because they could negotiate as they are outside England.

Officially as I say..players have been tapped up no doubt, proving it is more difficult and if it were, my guess is itsy bitsy slap on the wrist would follow.

unless it were us then a massive 25M fine and relegation.

You're right ... must say that contract thing is bloody annoying ... all over the place you can find references to 2019 but West Ham say 2020, can only assume it's an option we have ... however ... as we've seen many times forcing a player to stay on a fraction of what he's worth is just a non-starter, everyone loses ...

No English club can approach him without our permission at anytime whilst he is under contract, but assuming he is out of contract in 2019 (or we haven't taken up the 2020 option yet) then any other association club can talk and indeed sign a pre-contract agreement in January without informing West Ham ... bear in mind Man City own half a dozen clubs, including Gerona, they can legitimately talk to him then just 'switch' any transfer deal to Man City come June ...

Sure it's tapping up but done under the rules ... Barca do it all the time ...
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Harry Winks was handed deal in September locking him to the club until 2021, I can't imagine he had much more time to run on his contract at the time than Rice currently has on his existing contract.

He then signed an improved five year deal last Feb but has kicked on so much that they had to offer him another improved five year deal paying him 40k per week in May.

So Levy has now had to offer him three new contracts since September 2016.

We will get this done, and we will get it done right, I have no doubt. Five year deal circa 40k a week.

Just a matter of time.