Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Clacton-ammer »

One of the very few positives to come out of this season.

He is developing really well, and looks like he could become a very good player, get his contract sorted.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 490 likes

Post by Denzil »

Clacton-ammer wrote:One of the very few positives to come out of this season.

He is developing really well, and looks like he could become a very good player, get his contract sorted.
I am by no means ITK so take this as you will but I know a family member of his who assures me a contract is being drafted now. Will be a significant but fair increase on his current salary (which is f all) and will bring him in line with the lower end of the average squad salary, I would assume with a view of a further improvement if he maintains a first team position into next season.

The family are all mad Chelsea but have been sporting hammers shirts since his breakthrough. Apparently he found it an odd experience playing at Stamford Bridge but is really enjoying his time and loves the fans and has been earmarked as a future captain. Time will tell, I guess.
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

He is class, far too good for us and I'm afraid he will be off sooner or later.
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 113 likes

Post by Jedi Al Khalaas »

So he is like the reverse John Terry?

Chelsea - > WHU
WHU -> Chelsea
SirNobes16

Post by SirNobes16 »

A class act that shows real composure for his age (hard to believe he's still in his teens).
Has all the attributes to be a future West Ham captain but unfortunately any new contract he does sign will just be a way of getting the club more money.
His 'I want to win the Premier League' comments are a tell tale sign of where he see's his long term future.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

SirNobes16 wrote:A class act that shows real composure for his age (hard to believe he's still in his teens).
Has all the attributes to be a future West Ham captain but unfortunately any new contract he does sign will just be a way of getting the club more money.
His 'I want to win the Premier League' comments are a tell tale sign of where he see's his long term future.
Every footballer wants to win the league, it’s up to us to improve enough season by season so players like Rice don’t want to leave straight away.

Obviously when one of the Manchesters comes in and offers us £80 million in 5 years time we can’t say no. We just have to improve enough so that he doesn’t force a move until then.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

This lad is going to have a great career.

Unfortunately for us he is unlikely to spend much of it playing in a West Ham shirt.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

My guess will be that he is back at chelsea three years
He is a huge fan

Not much we can do about that so most important thing is making sure we get big money for him
Aitch
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Aitch »

Oldammer wrote:He reminds me a lot of a certain Mr Robert Moore.

Fantastic reading of the game, great positional sense and better in the air.

You're not going to get two more different styles of play than Chelsea and Stoke. He shone in both.

Pleasure to watch. :crest:
Bang On, Make him captain next season!!
:crest:
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

Cracking player, reads the game so well and often mops up any loose balls around our box. Uncle Bens and Oggy are for me the two centre backs next year, Reid has a lot to do to get back in the team.

Would like to see him as vice captain next year, learn of Noble and see how he handles it. None of our current mob deserves the armband after Noble IMO.

Although not a problem really he does smash it long a little too often for my liking though (safety first eh!).
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Our best defensive player and he's only going to get better with experience. Quick off the mark, reads the game extremely well, conducts those around him like a Captain in waiting, composed on the ball, quality passing range and high percentage of those made and very rarely makes an error.

Only 19. Wow. Said it before and say it again, the real deal. Touch of the Rios about him.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Colours never run wrote:Our best defensive player and he's only going to get better with experience. Quick off the mark, reads the game extremely well, conducts those around him like a Captain in waiting, composed on the ball, quality passing range and high percentage of those made and very rarely makes an error.

Only 19. Wow. Said it before and say it again, the real deal. Touch of the Rios about him.
looks composed and assured ( cliches of the week ) on the ball , i think he's our next captain
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 225 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

Looked Rio-esq last night. Some sublime touches, looks incredibly composed and mature for his age.

But we should all remember his first half dozen games where it felt like he was giving a goal away a game, if it hadn't been for injuries he might not have had the opportunity to prove himself, we judge young players far too harshly.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Pretty confident he'll be sold pretty soon. Chelsea might be interested in having him back, otherwise the NW clubs will be keeping an eye on him.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:My guess will be that he is back at chelsea three years
He is a huge fan

Not much we can do about that so most important thing is making sure we get big money for him
Every interview he gives says to me he has the attitude for it and imo, he’s been outstanding so far. He could be good enough in a few years for a move like that.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Hard to believe he's only 19. If he carries on developing then wow.

Expect Sullivan to flog him to Chelsea for half his market value in 2 years and then loan 35 year old Vincent Kompany off of Man City as his replacement.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

smuts wrote: Expect Sullivan to flog him to Chelsea for half his market value in 2 years and then loan 35 year old Vincent Kompany off of Man City as his replacement.
:lol:

...Come see City's superstars at the bowl! (10 years past their prime playing for West Ham)
OohAahButler
Has liked: 561 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

I'd like to see lots more of these 'future Captain' comments...might encourage him to stay with us a year or two longer.
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

Looks a player to his boots. But all this nonsense pimping him out to Chelsea and Man Utd/City ignores that the boy has class and integrity, he is eligible for England, but as Ireland wanted him more he has given his international allegiance to the country of his grand parents birth.
That to me says he is loyal to those who are loyal to him.
hammerddh
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hammerddh »

Thought he started a little nervy last night but quickly grew into the game.
He is indeed one of the very few bright spots in an otherwise dismal season.
Appears a very mature player and probably more important seems to have a proper head on his shoulders in terms of attitiude.

Good luck to him in his career, hopefully with us, but if continues to develop he will outgrow us. Thats life, dont be disappointed in that. No different from us buying a young player from Crewe or whatever.