Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9648 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by S-H »

I bet he's had that **** Roy Keane in his ear, telling him to move on for the good of his career.
Kendo Nagasaki

Post by Kendo Nagasaki »

somerset-hammer wrote:I bet he's had that **** Roy Keane in his ear, telling him to move on for the good of his career.
One of the three books in this rented villa was his auto, so I read it. Actually changed my opinion of him, for the better. More principled than I realised, wanted the best for his family and the club fans.

But yes, still a *****.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9648 likes

Post by S-H »

I've read that too, and it was a good read.

But it wouldn't hurt to smile for a change would it, the grumpy Irish ****er.
woodywoody
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by woodywoody »

When anyone has a few good games all I hear is give them a better contract this included Noble, Reid ETC.
They already have a contract and unless someone comes sniffing we want to keep or only a year on contract or maybe promised why do we just keep upping players wages only to sometimes find out they have no consistency or injury prone and no sell on due to their high wages for other teams to afford.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

That's assuming the main reason is to up wages. In his case, it should be marginal but what's more important, is tieing him down to a longer more water tight contract now he's about to become an established Senior squad player. I'd like the Club to negotiate better terms on that basis.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1986 likes
Total likes: 1664 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

currently I imagine he is on an u-23 wage scale.

if he plays regularly in the first team he should be compensated as that.......

simples...when there used to be apprenticeships (assume they are no longer) you got a grading scale as you got more skill.....then you got paid slightly less than a "fully accredited" worker then full scale...
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

needs a new contract asap or we will lose him.

he is our future and playing well now all at 19 years of age.

get rid of a few players and pay him and lanzini what they are worth.
spod
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 287 likes

Post by spod »

Didn't like to read that John O'Shea was drooling over Declan Rice.
I find that sort of thing unsavoury.
HoustonHammer24
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by HoustonHammer24 »

I agree with some posters above, that he has all of the attributes to play at DM.

Kouyate has the energy and drive to go on decent runs out the back, and the pace to make up for some of his defensive frailties. What he lacks is the composure and the passing range/close control to play midfield, but it could be said that he has decent passing and close control for a ball-playing CB.

What Kouyate lacks in midfield, Rice has those traits in abundance and would only get better under Pellegrini. His short/quick passing on Saturday was nice to see. No frills, no flash, but very accomplished from the young lad.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Sorry, doesn't matter how much we pay him or how long a contract we give him when the big boys come calling he'll be gone. Fact, and every Kumber knows it! One more season will be all it takes. :crest:
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1084 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Long term contract and allow him to grow in the first team squad next season by not going ott on bringing in players in his role please.

We certainly need another CB... but if he is 3rd / 4th choice than that is ideal.

While he isn't the DM we are looking for right now, he certainly can provide cover there if need be.

3rd / 4th choice CB... cover for DM... he'll get at least 30 games (starting or from the bench) next season.

We got a player on our hands here... last thing we need is for him to sit behind journeymen back up players or loaned out and disappearing when he can be around the big boys learning his game.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

westlondonhammer wrote:
While he isn't the DM we are looking for right now, he certainly can provide cover there if need be.
He may well be the DM we've been looking for. You don't get 2 x MoM awards for Ireland whilst playing in DM if you're not ready to do it for your club.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1084 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

-DL- wrote:He may well be the DM we've been looking for. You don't get 2 x MoM awards for Ireland whilst playing in DM if you're not ready to do it for your club.
Fair enough... but it would be a risk going into the season with his as our primary DM. It would be a lot of pressure on his young shoulders - expectations would be high.
durham city hammer

Post by durham city hammer »

Mistake at Newcastle aside I thought he was comfortably our best midfielder early last season and was unfairly hung out to dry by Bilic ! He’s come on leaps and bounds since then and I have to say from what I saw in the last two games for Ireland I’d have no problems with him starting in midfield for us, his quick, short passing was excellent and something we’re really lacking in midfield!
Oldammer

Post by Oldammer »

Been offered eight grand a week then, that'll keep him.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

durham city hammer wrote:Mistake at Newcastle aside I thought he was comfortably our best midfielder early last season and was unfairly hung out to dry by Bilic ! He’s come on leaps and bounds since then and I have to say from what I saw in the last two games for Ireland I’d have no problems with him starting in midfield for us, his quick, short passing was excellent and something we’re really lacking in midfield!
I would prefer him at centre half - could be a great ball-playing defender.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

durham city hammer wrote:Mistake at Newcastle aside I thought he was comfortably our best midfielder early last season and was unfairly hung out to dry by Bilic ! He’s come on leaps and bounds since then and I have to say from what I saw in the last two games for Ireland I’d have no problems with him starting in midfield for us, his quick, short passing was excellent and something we’re really lacking in midfield!
I would prefer him at centre half - could be a great ball-playing defender.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

hammerman11 wrote: get rid of a few players and pay him and lanzini what they are worth.
Couldn't agree more.
Believer
Has liked: 1428 likes
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Believer »

Oldammer wrote:Been offered eight grand a week then, that'll keep him.
This is the problem with PL money now. £8k a week to us lot would be life changing but as a young, no doubt soon to be in demand International sees the club sign another youngster with no PL experience and no International honours on £40k a week, he is going to think about whether the club really want him.

I’d offer him £12k with the view that it will be reviewed twice a year. Get him on a long term deal sharpish.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

He had a great breakthrough season. If he sustains that level going into the new season, the club should be offering the financial rewards that come with these performances. Best of luck Dec. :crest: