Zaza v Calleri

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Zaza v Calleri

Postby Nesticles on Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:19 pm

I don't think Van Gaal playing Di Maria in CM for so many games helped either
Nesticles

Postby Jumby on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:11 pm

SpongeBob's Pants wrote:
Firstly, your concept of "tearing it up" and my concept are different as a lot of those on that list havent torn up anything. Not all, but a lot.

Without wanting to sound rude, I don't think you read it properly, I said torn it up, or done considerably better, which they all have, which is why I listed them.
Jumby

Postby hammerleroy on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:54 am

Another goal for Zaza yesterday. Just sayin' :lol:
hammerleroy

Postby Ted Fenton on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:08 am

Pity we haven't got a manager who can get the best out of players, playing to their strengths.
Ted Fenton

Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:15 am

7-2 to Zaza

Valencia seem to be playing some great attacking football this season
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby hammerleroy on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:58 pm

So true Ted Fenton. At the risk of repeating myself, oh go on then, you don't get to play for Juventus if you are as poor as some Kumbers would have you believe!!! :)
hammerleroy

Postby brothernero on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:40 pm

hammerleroy wrote:Another goal for Zaza yesterday. Just sayin'

Zaza stated that he really did not want to be here and that he let it effect his game. Just saying.

Guess every time Zaza scores now, someone will bump this thread just so they can have another needless dig at the manager. :asleep:
brothernero

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:25 pm

i started this thread merely as a bit of fun as i noticed both scored on the opening day. It was in no way a dig at the manager so stop making out that everyone has an agenda
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby brothernero on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:37 pm

I was not referring to you at all Crouchend.
brothernero

Postby upton o'good on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:57 pm

brothernero wrote:
Zaza stated that he really did not want to be here and that he let it effect his game. Just saying.

Guess every time Zaza scores now, someone will bump this thread just so they can have another needless dig at the manager. :asleep:

Not sure it is the manager people blame... Maybe, the chairman who bought him on a deal that
gave him little time to settle, and the fans who got on his back really quickly?
upton o'good

Postby Ozza on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:44 pm

It was a ridiculous loan deal, I also remember someone calling out at the time that he didn't want to come here and wouldn't be here at the end of the season regardless of how many he scored.

Let's stop digging the manager out, he had more than enough opportunity
Ozza

Postby Redkanpps dog on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:23 pm

Zaza has won player of the month :lol:
Redkanpps dog

Postby hammerleroy on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:02 pm

:lol:
hammerleroy

Postby BostonHammer on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Ozza wrote:It was a ridiculous loan deal, I also remember someone calling out at the time that he didn't want to come here and wouldn't be here at the end of the season regardless of how many he scored.

Let's stop digging the manager out, he had more than enough opportunity

Just another opportunity to have a dig at Sullivan. Pretends to court Lacazette all summer than forces through a move that is financially advantageous to him that neither the manager nor the player were interested in making but it goes through anyway because that's how the devious gnome works.

He learned his lesson at least. After pretending with Carvalho for a month he didn't even bring a disappointing CM on loan, he did nothing at all instead.
BostonHammer

Postby Ben on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:17 pm

he could score 40 goals this season and win player of the year in spain he was still dog **** when he played for us and it was right to shift him as quickly as possible, a pointless signing on a stupid deal
Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby BostonHammer on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Ben wrote:he could score 40 goals this season and win player of the year in spain he was still dog **** when he played for us and it was right to shift him as quickly as possible, a pointless signing on a stupid deal

Agree with all of that except the deal being stupid. The most intelligent thing David Sullivan has done at West Ham (for himself, he hasn't done anything intelligent for West Ham) is insuring he wouldn't spend 20 million odd pounds on this ****er.
BostonHammer

Postby sledger on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:28 pm

As they where both rubbish with us & not with us anymore i dont see the point of this post. :asleep:
sledger

Postby Westbourne Bill on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:36 am

sledger wrote:As they where both rubbish with us & not with us anymore i dont see the point of this post. :asleep:

Well, its a little less tedious than seeing the Harry Kane thread get bumped every time he scores.
Westbourne Bill

Postby sendô on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:20 am

Better players than Zaza have failed to live up to the PL in the past, and I'm sure will in the future. However it seemed clear to most of us at the time that Zaza was not an AC replacement number 9, and was clearly not being played to his strengths or best position.

Which seems to be an unfortunate theme with us.
sendô

Postby Dwight1970 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:25 am

BostonHammer wrote:Agree with all of that except the deal being stupid. The most intelligent thing David Sullivan has done at West Ham (for himself, he hasn't done anything intelligent for West Ham) is insuring he wouldn't spend 20 million odd pounds on this ****er.

I think the reason it was a stupid deal was the player had no intention of ever signing permanently and likewise I doubt we were ever going to pay the money for him as that would beg the question how would we have afforded considering our net outlay since Zaza signed, think about it why would an establish fit current international from a top nation arrive here basicallyon trial, the reality was it was a loan and nothing else especially in the players eyes.

It was a deal to suit Juventus in getting a player surplus to requirements off their books, for whatever reason it appealed to us to be part of it but once the player arrived he clearly didn't want to be here and it affected his performances on the pitch, the fact it was only a loan deal and that he would not stay beyond only added to his lack of commitment and he has all but admitted that, for West Ham it was a stupid deal and a complete waste of time which the club ended at the first opportunity in fairness.
Dwight1970

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion