Out of contract players linked to West Ham United

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Out of contract players linked to West Ham United

Postby fmgod on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:06 pm

People wanting bleeding Palace rejects now, Christ sake, we've lost a few games, not dropped a division yet
fmgod

Re: Bacary Sagna

Postby mrbluesky on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:59 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Could he be the reason why we didn't sign William Carvalho ?

Play Sagna at right back , move Zabaleta to DM , £40m saved , short termist solution to short termist way of thinking . Another season in the Premiership .

You interested in the job of manager TOMOS?
mrbluesky

Postby tavbet on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:37 pm

Why would we need out of contract players? Slav is apparently happy with the squad we have........
tavbet

Postby Lovejoy2 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:43 pm

I'm available on a free transfer currently, I'd happily play for no more than £5k a week.
Lovejoy2

Postby Ludeksgloves on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:48 pm

Lovejoy2 wrote:I'm available on a free transfer currently, I'd happily play for no more than £5k a week.

We've tried that with you before Mido you fat b*stard.
Ludeksgloves

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:51 pm

fmgod wrote:People wanting bleeding Palace rejects now, Christ sake, we've lost a few games, not dropped a division yet

I think it's more the case of it being classic West Ham where we kind of know we will do something like this. Posters are just picking the best ones available.

I'd take Flamini on a years deal if the wages were sensible.
Cockneyboy311

Postby Belchio on Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:17 pm

How about Arbeloa? :P
Belchio

Postby Rio on Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Flamini played less than Joe Ledley last year in a poor Palace side. He's finished at any decent level
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby Mega Ron on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:37 pm

Rio wrote:Flamini played less than Joe Ledley last year in a poor Palace side. He's finished at any decent level

Perfect for us then
Mega Ron

Postby Denby on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:57 pm

Nigel Shola Andre Reo-Coker.

Seeing as we're making all these other ludicrous suggestions.
Denby

Postby prophet:marginal on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:08 pm

I don't think Joe Ledley is as ridiculous as one might first think.

He is after all the player who, around Easter 2016, fractured a bone in his leg, but was still available to play in Euro 2016, for Wales.

He had a difficult season at Palace largely along with the rest of the team, who had to adapt to their coach getting sacked early before Christmas.

But the reality here is that, whilst he's a fairly limited footballer, who probably wouldn't expect to be first choice, he's an experienced pro who might be a useful option, as the season wears on.

Everyone wants stellar signings, but he could follow in a line, after Matt Taylor, Gary O'Neil, even Hayden Mullins, as someone who can be trusted to do a job.

West Ham are the only team that seems to have an injury crisis in early September. We are already bare-bonesing it. His weekly wage would be peanuts and he'd probably be better than Nordveit.
prophet:marginal

Postby Sir_Trevor on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:15 pm

prophet:marginal wrote:I don't think Joe Ledley is as ridiculous as one might first think...

Everyone wants stellar signings, but he could follow in a line, after Matt Taylor, Gary O'Neil, even Hayden Mullins, as someone who can be trusted to do a job.

I've said on here before, limited as he may have been as a player, our best spell in Fat Sam's last season was when Matty Taylor played as CDM in front of the back four as we had exactly the same problems as we have now. He did a useful job because he just sat in front breaking up attacks and playing 2 yard passes to Noble or pinging a (measured) long ball out out wide. (Never forget the ball for Carlton's goal in the play-off final).

It was just what we needed as we do now. If Ledley or Flamini could do that, they'd be fine by me.
Sir_Trevor

Postby YorksHammer on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:35 pm

Sir_Trevor wrote:I've said on here before, limited as he may have been as a player, our best spell in Fat Sam's last season was when Matty Taylor played as CDM in front of the back four as we had exactly the same problems as we have now. He did a useful job because he just sat in front breaking up attacks and playing 2 yard passes to Noble or pinging a (measured) long ball out out wide. (Never forget the ball for Carlton's goal in the play-off final).

It was just what we needed as we do now. If Ledley or Flamini could do that, they'd be fine by me.

100% this is what Carvalho would have done for us.
YorksHammer

Postby Denbighammer on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:30 pm

I wouldn't object to Joe Ledley, he's a good character and a decent addition to the squad as long as the price is right.
Denbighammer

Postby hammerman11 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:31 am

would take joe ledley good addition to the bare bones squad !

any CB free transfers available ?
hammerman11

Postby droshky on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:23 am

Internet report on Irish papers website "new Shanghai Shenhua manager drops "too fat" Tevez ". Talk of cutting his contract short, a snip at 700k a week?
droshky

Postby hammerleroy on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:36 am

Sorry Joe the only bearded Welshman we need is the Ginger Pele! But another couple of injuries to MF and who knows!!!
hammerleroy

Re: Bacary Sagna

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:33 am

mrbluesky wrote:
You interested in the job of manager TOMOS?

If that's you , Dave , I'd just like to say what a great job you're doing at West Ham , fabulous dress sense , thank you for saving our Club blah blah blah , when do I start ?

p.s. Don't take any notice of the others , they're all bastards anyhow .
The Old Man of Storr

Previous

Return to General Discussion