Paul Ince

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Paul Ince

Postby chalks on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:43 pm

Saw this morning that he has gone public with his thoughts on the owners and the lack of support given to the manager.

For me, someone as high profile as him helping to publicize where the real problems lie is a breath of fresh air

Question is, if he has 100 miles of redemption to go with us, how many miles would you say this drives him down the road? I'd say its a good 10............

A similar article from Lampard jr would be, what, 2 miles down a 500 mile road to redemption?

Defoe, i think his redemption road is a lot shorter personally. 10 miles down a 75 mile road?

Hackett neednt ****ing bother......................
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Re: Paul Ince

Postby sanchoz on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:46 pm

sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Scarhead on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Problem is this isn't the first time they've done it to a manager and it wont be the last, certainly if Sully is having to go public just to cover his own backside!
Scarhead

Postby Turns to Stone on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:58 pm

What was he 21 when the story broke?

Anything that someone does when they're young is chalked off by me pretty sharpish tbh. It was hard enough looking at my own mistakes when I was kid without them being splashed all over the papers so god knows how some of the young celebs do it these days.

As for Bilic. Any manager worth their salt should really be standing behind Bilic imo. It's hard enough being a manager without being hung out to dry every summer by your employers.
Turns to Stone

Postby Jumby on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:00 pm

What Ince did was wrong, plain wrong, but he was just a kid and such a thing wouldn't be seen as that a big a deal in this day and age when you consider how players carry on. When we smashed his Blackburn side 4-1 and pushed him close to the sack I'd say things were evened out. He's an East London boy and I reckon he still has a soft spot for West Ham so, as nuts as this may sound, I think he's alright, nobody died. I like what he's said by the way, more and more people need to jump on that bandwagon because, for me, The GSB are far worse than Mike Ashley but don't get anywhere near the **** that he has got in the past.
Jumby

Postby Hammer1972 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:03 pm

He was a kid, he made a stupid mistake.

With all the **** going on at the moment, I find it very hard to bear a grudge on this one.
Hammer1972

Postby the celestial insect on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:11 pm

I've little animosity towards Ince these days. I genuinely think he was a gullible kid at a time when PR, megabucks, and the media were just getting into their stride in the modern game. So for me, this is him nearly home on the road to redemption.

Lampard, on the other hand, is another matter, and mainly because he so often had to have a nasty little dig years after he'd gone.

That being said, I'm too old and too jaded with the modern game to expend much energy on holding grudges any more. I suspect that if we knew the absolute truth about all situations, we would see people who have done far worse by the club out of the glare of publicity.
the celestial insect

Postby hammerdivone on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:18 pm

Blimey how we've changed over the years, people forgiving Judas now
hammerdivone

Postby Coops on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:22 pm

A lot of time has past and on reflection I think we should hang the judas ****.
Coops

Postby Hammer1972 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:23 pm

hammerdivone wrote:Blimey how we've changed over the years, people forgiving Judas now

That's what happens, the years change how you feel about some things.
Hammer1972

Postby Fat Chas on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:24 pm

hammerdivone wrote:Blimey how we've changed over the years, people forgiving Judas now

People willing to forgive Ince, Lampard and Defoe?

All for what? Pandering to a failing manager.

Sad. :asleep:
Fat Chas

Postby Dieter Eckstein on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:30 pm

It was a big deal in 89, but that was over a quarter of a century ago. With players going on strike, pretending to have a poorly back and generally holding their clubs to ransom left, right and centre these days, what Ince did looks like a one off stupid mistake by comparison.

Considering the level and type of abuse he received every time he turned up at Upton Park after 89, I'd say Ince would be the more justified in holding a long lasting grudge against West Ham.

He shouldn't have done what he did (and I imagine he spent a long time regretting it), but fair play to him for still caring about the club and seeming genuinely upset about how it's being run.
Dieter Eckstein

Postby MD_HM on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:33 pm

Always thought Ince and Defoe had remained apologetic of their mistakes and handling of what went on.... as for that **** Lampard, worse of the lot of them in my book, always continued to make digs at us though his whole career and given his family ties with the club makes it worse.

As for Ince's comments now.... bang on the money
MD_HM

Postby hammerdivone on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:37 pm

No doubt soon people will be saying what a jolly nice bloke that Stephen Gerrard is as well
hammerdivone

Postby Rio on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:38 pm

For the first time ever Paul Ince is right.

There you go. I've said it publically,

He still however is a schllaaaggg and a complete cockwomble
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby NorthBankAlliance on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:41 pm

hammerdivone wrote:No doubt soon people will be saying what a jolly nice bloke that Stephen Gerrard is as well

Yeah imagine having the audacity to score a goal for your own football club :asleep:
NorthBankAlliance

Postby hammerdivone on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:45 pm

NorthBankAlliance wrote:Yeah imagine having the audacity to score a goal for your own football club
asleep:

Well that didn't take long to be proven right :D
hammerdivone

Postby alank2006 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:46 pm

Was too young to remember the whole Ince leaving situation.

So excluding that, I think the guy is a complete ballbag.
alank2006

Postby Jumby on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Ince has always come across as very remorseful for what he did, Payet almost boasts about we did.
Jumby

Postby szola on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:59 pm

Paul Ince and Jermaine Defoe both were kids, being groomed by their agents.
Both moved after West Ham got relegated.

Lampard jr. on the other hand....even when his father was one of our legends....
szola

Next

Return to General Discussion