Paul Ince

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Paul Ince

Postby One Peter Butler on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:45 pm

After what the club did to Lyall in the summer of '89 Ince was always going to be off. He has gone on record describing Lyall as being his dad. That must have influenced him and the manner in which he moved.

Chalks is bang on. How does anyone compare to the vermin running the club now.
One Peter Butler

Postby RichieRiv on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:23 pm

Defoe gets a bye for what he did for Bradley Lowery. He proved himself to actually be a good human being.

Lampard Jr - he has a complex because he knows he's West Ham through and though. Even if he denies it, his dear old mum was massive West Ham and had bubbles played at her funeral. If that failed to make him realise that he's dyed in the wool West Ham, he's and even bigger **** than we give him credit for.

Ince can do one, but that's an age thing. Anyone who gives himself the nickname "The Guv'nor" then bottles taking a penalty in Euro '96 is a bottle job ****. His opinion is worthless and will do nothing to oust GS&B. One of you lot would have more impact.
RichieRiv

Postby kevino on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:40 pm

History now and irrelevant. Time to concentrate on the real offenders who have f***** up our club and our supporters big time
kevino

Postby RichieRiv on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:45 pm

If history is irrelevant, should we also forget about '64, '65, '66, '75 and '80?
RichieRiv

Postby kevino on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:59 pm

No, history most definitely is not irrelevant because the years you mention are all I have got to hang my hat on....but Paul Ince is irrelevant. Time we moved on and forget about him in my view
kevino

Postby Hammersfaniow on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:10 am

Interesting perspectives here. A lot seem it's time to move on and forget what happened, yet according to the poll in the other thread, will seemingly hold an endless grudge against Sheff Utd despite the fact that it's all completely different people working there and making the decisions. I'm not saying there's a wrong or a right perspective btw, but it is interesting.
Hammersfaniow

Postby roblo on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:34 am

Surprised there's not already an article on the official site defending themselves and making snide remarks at the author.
roblo

Postby ereford ammer on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:38 am

Paul Ince made a silly mistake as a young man- something I suspect we have all done. He was angry about the sacking of John Lyall and upset the fans by showing disrespect. I have long forgiven him as I have Defoe. The blunts tried to destroy our club and until they have been relegated to a pub league, Bramall Lane has been demolished and turned into a car park for Hillsborough and Sean Bean has crawled from Sheffield to London on his knees as an act of atonement, I will not forgive them.
ereford ammer

Postby Pob! on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:12 am

So many holier than thou attitude's. I remember when the story broke and the picture was published .. Yes I was pissed off, yes I sung some derogatory songs but you know what all this fake outrage is getting tiresome. Kid was advised badly and shouldn't of posed in a Man U shirt, it was the best part of 30 years ago, so what? If people still hated me for some of the things I done when I was 20 no ****er would be talking to me now. Life goes on and being the best part of 50 now makes me realize that sort of **** doesn't really matter..
Pob!

Postby Pob! on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:17 am

BTW Like others have said Sheffield united tried to break our club. That I will never forget or forgive.
Pob!

Postby BondsoBob on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:01 am

Fairly obvious to me that Incey is throwing his hat into 'the soon to be vacant West Ham job ring'.
:fsake:
BondsoBob

Postby Rio on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:08 am

Thing for me and the reason I bear a grudge still is his appearances after the move collapsed. The friendly Away at Aldershot was the least mobile I've ever seen a footballer. And I've seen a few in my time. Sulked, barely moved, was petulant. Slight, very slight improvement up at Stoke. But still a disgrace.

Then the whole guvnor thing. Offering, with the aid of bouncers, to take down a few West Ham fans outside old Trafford. Yeah. Big man. Big attitude.

I could go on.

People bear grudges about Bilic & Parker. But as I've explained before. Slav announced he was leaving for Everton, yet played his heart out for us until he went. Parker carried us for ages. Still played well in the championship games before he left, if not throwing himself into challenges like usual.

Neither came from a West Ham background either. Kid or not, ince was old enough to know that when you play football, you put a shift in. Combine that lack of effort, with the chippy self styled persona, then yeah, I hold a grudge.

Maybe that makes me an awful human being, being so dismissive of someone I don't really know. But if you can name me one person who doesn't hold an issue with someone then I'll be stunned.

I care passionately for this club. I don't care for those who take advantage of it
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby BondsoBob on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:18 am

Then the whole guvnor thing. Offering, with the aid of bouncers, to take down a few West Ham fans outside old Trafford. Yeah. Big man. Big attitude.

I'd forgotten all about the 'Guvnor' business. Who the f@@k gives themselves a nickname like that ?
Answer, arrogant people with very big egos.
BondsoBob

Postby Rocket on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:27 am

BondsoBob wrote:Fairly obvious to me that Incey is throwing his hat into 'the soon to be vacant West Ham job ring'.
:fsake:

He's just publicly criticised the owners so I doubt he has aspirations to work for them.
Rocket

Postby BondsoBob on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:29 am

Maybe he thinks it will make him look strong and independant ? :lol:
BondsoBob

Postby OFT on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:35 am

RichieRiv wrote:Defoe gets a bye for what he did for Bradley Lowery. He proved himself to actually be a good human being.

This!!
The lad has gone right up in my estimation and I'm a little disappointed that he did n't get back to play for us.

As for Ince, it's not easy to forget but the older I get it becomes easier to 'forgive' there's not much mileage in a grudge for me these days.
OFT

Postby BondsoBob on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:37 am

Totally agree that the older you get the harder it is to bear grudges. Life is too short.
BondsoBob

Postby The Sherriff on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:41 am

derek zoolander wrote:Ince has always been very complimentary about West Ham.

In spite of all the stick we give him he's never swooped to the levels of Lampard Junior which I actually respect.

It was a really bad ****ing idea, he was a very silly boy but he's always remained positive about the club.

I don't mind Ince.

He is right here as well. Our owners are proper two bob.

Bang on the money.

Some very wise old heads on this thread.
The Sherriff

Postby smuts on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:46 am

James P wrote:The funniest thing was when Lampard was making digs at West Ham saying how he was at a proper club at Chelsea where things were run much more professionally. He seemed to have forgotten that it was his family running the circus at Chadwell Heath.

The bacon sandwich comment? What a plum.

Ince is water under the bridge for me, don't like the bloke but I'm sure he used to play better the more stick we gave him during a game.

Defoe, we pretty much poached him from Charlton. It wasn't like he grew up with us.

Out of all them Lampard is the one who still narks me. He really did have a massive chip on his shoulder and was angling for a move before :arry: and Sr left.
smuts

Postby mumbles87 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:52 am

Rio wrote:Thing for me and the reason I bear a grudge still is his appearances after the move collapsed. The friendly Away at Aldershot was the least mobile I've ever seen a footballer. And I've seen a few in my time. Sulked, barely moved, was petulant. Slight, very slight improvement up at Stoke. But still a disgrace.

I could go on.

People bear grudges about Bilic & Parker. But as I've explained before. Slav announced he was leaving for Everton, yet played his heart out for us until he went. Parker carried us for ages. Still played well in the championship games before he left, if not throwing himself into challenges like usual.

Neither came from a West Ham background either. Kid or not, ince was old enough to know that when you play football, you put a shift in. Combine that lack of effort, with the chippy self styled persona, then yeah, I hold a grudge.

Maybe that makes me an awful human being, being so dismissive of someone I don't really know. But if you can name me one person who doesn't hold an issue with someone then I'll be stunned.

I care passionately for this club. I don't care for those who take advantage of it

the only one out of all that people "hate" that I dislike still is Lampard.. manly because the way he acted everytime he came back

Defoe as someone has said redeemed himself more than once specially with what he did for Bradley Lowery.

Parker I never understood.. player moves after relegation.. stop the presses shocker.
mumbles87

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion