Paul Ince

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Paul Ince

Postby York Ham(mer) on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:54 am

I'd forgotten about Ince, consigned him to oblivion. I'd like to leave it that way.
York Ham(mer)

Postby poplargeezer on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:11 am

Who are we to end a feud?
poplargeezer

Postby brooking10 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:51 am

The 3 of them weren't kids when they moved, I think they were all in their 20's. By that age you know what's right and wrong, and what they did was wrong.

Time passes, wounds heal, but they showed a massive lack of respect to West Ham and the supporters, for me that's unforgiveable.
brooking10

Postby Pob! on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:04 pm

brooking10 wrote:The 3 of them weren't kids when they moved, I think they were all in their 20's. By that age you know what's right and wrong, and what they did was wrong. .

I can only go by my own history at the age of 21 (the age Ince was when he left) some of the choice I made that upset others in retrospect I would never of made. At that age you are physiologically risk averse. Regret is something that normally grows as you get older and man do I have some regrets. Water under the bridge for me. Life really is too short.
Last edited by Pob! on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pob!

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:42 am

I like Paul Ince. He seems like a very strange fellow, but i like him nonetheless
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby AnthraxDave on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:15 pm

I got the chance to speak to Paul when his Macclesfield team came to Edgar Street to play Hereford. He was a perfect gent and he still loves this club.
I forgave him years ago, just as I did with Defoe. Life is too short.
AnthraxDave

Postby Doc H Ball on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:25 pm

Nah, not for me.

I still remember him at Stoke away refusing to touch the ball. Ambrose Mendy didn't tell him to do that.

He's still a **** as is Defoe and Lampard.

Pleased none of em came back.
Doc H Ball

Postby wigwig on Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:19 am

You do a lot of stupid **** when you're a kid don't yah, as a 13 or 14 year old at the Boleyn I always felt bad for him. He got a lot of stick.
wigwig

Postby Colours never run on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:10 am

Doc H Ball wrote:Nah, not for me.

I still remember him at Stoke away refusing to touch the ball. Ambrose Mendy didn't tell him to do that.

He's still a **** as is Defoe and Lampard.

Pleased none of em came back.

Exactly that, **** em!
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby hammerman11 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:52 am

ince defoe and lumpard all the same. Not welcomed back.

we dont need them. defoe is past it now and I am glad we never got him in. Not doing too well so far for bournemouth .

Ince is irrelevant as far as I am concerned although he did score a cracker against liverpool many years ago in a great win. 4-1 I think.
hammerman11

Postby claretandblue82 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:46 am

Ince & Defoe can be forgiven. They still seem to hold a high regard for the club and imagine regret the way things went.

But Lampard, NEVER! Slagged the club off and loved scoring against us. Absolute twat!
claretandblue82

Postby Colours never run on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 am

If they held it in such high regard, they wouldn't have gone along with what happened at the time. You didn't see the likes of Glen Johnson or Carrick acting the twat doing the same thing lile agitating a move at our low point at similar ages because they knew right from wrong.

All time has done for me has made me think less about it but I'll never forget how bad it was at the time.

Lampard is just 1 of the games total wronguns and hate him now as much as I did to begin with. And also a really fat ****.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Burnley Hammer on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:08 am

A bit sad how people hold a grudge over so many years over a bad decision from a poorly advised young person. I'm sure all these people who hold grudges were model citizens at 20 years old and never made mistakes.
Burnley Hammer

Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Postby codger on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:03 am

Burnley Hammer wrote:A bit sad how people hold a grudge over so many years over a bad decision from a poorly advised young person. I'm sure all these people who hold grudges were model citizens at 20 years old and never made mistakes.

The world would be a happier place if more people had this sort of wisdom.

Codger
codger

Postby Chrissieboy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:16 am

No problem with Ince or Defoe myself. Forgiven long ago. Lampard? I will forgive him now I suppose. In his eyes I can understand he took a lot of stick from some of our support and his dad was sacked. Okay Lampard Sr wasn't a great coach but he gave us more than Bilic ever did including his son for a time. Move on. Cottee was a fan and left for more money and supposed glory at Everton. Came back and scored a fair few later. McAvennie left for his true love and came back and we still loved him. Even Bobby Moore would've left if he could have. Wanted to go to Spurs but was made to stay. Dicks went to Liverpool and didn't enjoy it and came back. Another coach as crap as Lampard and Bilic. Bonzo (after joining from Charlton who we robbed Defoe from too) and Brooking the only ones who always gave heart and soul for the club. Alvin Martin and Nobes too. I'm a passionate and angry man sometimes but you have to forgive some and remember the true loyal ones as well.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:34 pm

Doc H Ball wrote:Pleased none of em came back.

I've surprised myself in recent years by mellowing on Ince. Never thought that would happen but it did. He's made the right noises and they don't seem ungenuine. **** the other two you mention though and agree with the above - wouldn't have been right.
DaveWHU1964

Postby Mega Ron on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:55 pm

I like Paul Ince.

I liked him as a player at Man United and for England. Tom Ince would be welcome at the club for me and he'd probably be a good addition.

I'm nicer than you lot though.
Mega Ron

Postby Pepin on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:16 am

They left us and did not look back. Why should we welcome them back now? I can't stand only the fat fella and his uncle Arry though. Defoe and Judas are not a problem now. But no need for kisses if you ask me. We have our Bonzo, Sir Trev, Mr. Lyall and many others who loved this club and deserve our respect. Ince decided to go and that's it. Talks about young age and agents do not change anything on that fact.
Pepin

Postby kayahammer on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:18 am

I'd be happy to have young Tom. Glad he's finally got his chance in the PL. Looked like it was not going to happen after we beat Blackpool in the playoffs.

Like others I've mellowed on the individuals mentioned above. Even Frank. It's no wonder he turned against us. The hatred toward him it couldn't go any other way.
kayahammer

Postby Frankies Boots on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:49 am

Never forgive, never forget.
Frankies Boots

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion