Weekend games 9th-11th September

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Weekend games 9th-11th September

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:17 pm

He just can't help himself, can he.
DasNutNock

Postby jastons on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:22 pm

Messi has scored his 42nd career hat trick.
jastons

Postby Harry Hound on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Colours never run wrote:What's happening to Everton is what happened to us last season with regards to signing too many players all at one time and playing them together from the off hoping for them to click straight away. I'm never a fan of sweeping changes like almost half a new team added to a squad and why I was keen for us to not go ott again bringing in a whole fact of new players again. You need continuity and add genuine quality bit by bit to progress a la Spurs as an example.

This is absolutely the problem, this and an obvious lack of fitness and understanding of whatever tactic / game plan they are supposed to follow. The first season our squad was practically the same from the previous season other than Payet, Lanzini and Jelovic, Eminieke and of course eventually Antonio We had problems scoring when Payet was out injured but managed to scrape a large number of 0-0 draws. The next season in came all the (mostly foreign) second rate players and our downhill spiral began. Simple really. :wink:
Harry Hound

Location: "just a came from nowhere and going straight back there!"

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:36 pm

That Kevin De Bruyne ain't bad at football, is he.
DasNutNock

Postby Hammer.CA on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:11 pm

Assombalonga scored 2 for Boro' today while Traore tore Bolton to bits the little that was shown on %.
Hammer.CA

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:56 pm

Early days of course but Watford look quite good. Loads of random players bought in as usual (most of them quite cheap) but knitted into a decent team by Silva.
I really don't know why were not interested in Chalobah. Looks quite a player
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby bubbles500 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:06 am

After having a look a most teams now.Im struggling to see 3 teams we will obviously finish above.I don't see one obviously awful team(Hopefully not us).I think palace and Bournemouth will get their **** together.I fear we are in for a real dogfight to stay up.However it's clearly obvious if we had a manager like Marco silva we wouldn't be sat on 0 pts and 10 conceded.(hint DS if you're reading)
bubbles500

Postby Jumby on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:21 am

I'm sure, in his little skull, Mourinho is being classy and tough but in reality he's just a petulant little man.
Jumby

Postby Ben on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:16 am

Hammer.CA wrote:Assombalonga scored 2 for Boro' today while Traore tore Bolton to bits the little that was shown on %.

Two assists for Traore now he has someone upfront who can actually score.
But it's weird because I read on here constantly that all he can do is run fast :?
Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby Patito on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:09 am

bubbles500 wrote:After having a look a most teams now.Im struggling to see 3 teams we will obviously finish above.I don't see one obviously awful team(Hopefully not us).I think palace and Bournemouth will get their **** together.I fear we are in for a real dogfight to stay up.However it's clearly obvious if we had a manager like Marco silva we wouldn't be sat on 0 pts and 10 conceded.(hint DS if you're reading)

Well I guess that's that then we are going down. Unless of course DS does see your comment and based on that gets rid of Bilic and brings in Silva.
Patito

Location: "With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world."

Postby Patito on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:10 am

Ben wrote:Two assists for Traore now he has someone upfront who can actually score.
But it's weird because I read on here constantly that all he can do is run fast :?

Quite. He put it on a plate for Gestede and co plenty of times last season, he can't finish it for them as well.
Patito

Location: "With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world."

Postby goof on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:22 am

You could put this response in various threads but weather Traore is good enough dosent really matter because we wouldnt have been able to buy him or anyone with no money.
goof

Postby goof on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:28 am

[quote="bubbles500"]After having a look a most teams now.Im struggling to see 3 teams we will obviously finish above.I don't see one obviously awful team(Hopefully not us).I think palace and Bournemouth will get their **** together.I fear we are in for a real dogfight to stay up.However it's clearly obvious if we had a manager like Marco silva we wouldn't be sat on 0 pts and 10 conceded.(hint DS if you're reading)[/quote

Thats right bubbles, we got lucky last season there was 3 teams as bad & a little bit worse than us, they are not going to get away with it a second time. History tells us that multiple seasons of under investment only leads to one thing.
goof

Postby bubbles500 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:08 pm

I think there will be a lot of shocks this season relegation wise ,Southampton have looked really poor to me.And teams I expected to struggle Huddersfield Watford burnley look decent.Can see at least 10 being involved in the relegation scrap.
bubbles500

Postby TheHandOfDog on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Palace just gifted burnley a goal in the 2nd minute. Hilarious stuff.
TheHandOfDog

Postby Ingwe on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Palace looking poor. Bet they're looking forward to playing us to get some points! :)
Ingwe

Postby fmgod on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Palace have spent tons of money yet still in their first eleven Hennessey dreadful, Fosu Mensah at CB, Puncheon, Yong Lee and Townsend has no football brain bar long shots
fmgod

Postby Peaches on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Everton, Liverpool and Bournemouth were soundly beaten yesterday. They all looked as bad or worse than us in any match we have played this year. Schmiechal and Pickford made horrible errors,Oxlade Chamnerlain was awful, but all the talk is about how good Spurs, Man City and Arsenal were. The manner of those defeats was exactly the same as our worst moments against City and Arsenal last year, and much worse than our opening day loss to Man U. Why is it that everything we with us, our players,,our manager is all negative/ crisis/ calamity/ disaster but Everton, who have four points and should have lost by a lot more than 3 in spite of spending a fortune this year on Pickford, Keane, Klassen, Sigurdsson, Rooney and earlier Schneiderlin and others get a complete free pass. How is Eddie Howe still considered the top up and coming English manager, and Klopp who has spent a fortune Chamberlain, Keita etc pitied for having Mane sent off and shipping 4 and could have been more, while we were in crisis after coming back from 2-0 down only to lose to a dubious penalty in the 92nd minute?
I am not saying everything thing here is roses, far from it, but why is it we are always on step away from a crisis and NEVER given the benefit of the doubt? What must happen to change this?
Is it all because of the constant bad press around the owners and their incompetence, bravado and arrogance tainting everything we do.
Peaches

Postby Macca1973 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:41 pm

I think the obvious answer Peaches is whereas Liverpool lost against Man City, being down to 10 men, we were rolled over by a poor Newcastle side, they could have had six and we never had a shot on target! Everton were poor fair enough but that is a very, very good Spurs side.
Macca1973

Postby TheHandOfDog on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:23 pm

Yeah, there is no defense for what happened to us against Newcastle, they are awful and we created nothing and got rolled over by a championship side. It was arguably the worst performance I have ever seen from us in my lifetime.
TheHandOfDog

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion