De Boer Sacked (non WHU!)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: De Boer Sacked (non WHU!)

Postby fjthegrey on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:10 pm

I've often seen it as talent maximising, Rockinghorse.

Those who maximised their limited potential, know how to motivate and improve players as they had to really focus and work to get themselves to a competent level. They realise and understand what it takes to improve whilst making the most of what they had.

Those where it all came very naturally and easy, didn't have to learn how, so they don't know the recipe, or what it takes to help an individual become more than the sum of his assets.
fjthegrey

Postby Colours never run on Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:13 am

Let it be a lesson for us if we had sacked Bilic too soon this season. After just a handful of games is a joke, no matter how long anyone has been managing a side, be it 10 minutes or 10 years, it's ridiculous to ditch your manager now.

They'll live to regret the decision in the long run and I doubt they'll think it was a great idea in the short term.

Their next run of fixtures include Southampton, Man City away, Man Utd away, Chelsea, Newcastle away, WHU, Spurs away, Everton, Stoke. Yeah, good luck with that with a side on rock bottom confidence. I'd be ****ting it if I was a Palace fan. Instead I'm laughing me b*llocks off.

Reckon they'll do extremely well to stay up but at least they've got plenty of time to try. Hopefully not though. I'd be surprised if even Hodgdon will still be their manager before the season's out.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:43 am

Imagine the excitement at hearing Woy is now your new head coach. I bet this "player power" is being regretted now :lol:

I think the players are being punished more than De Boer!!!
westham,eggyandchips

Postby claretandblue82 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:45 am

Surely there must of been someone else rather than a 70 old year with early stages of dementia. Be surprised if they stay up. Hopefully not and that they won't come back for a long long time!
claretandblue82

Postby fjthegrey on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:53 am

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Imagine the excitement at hearing Woy is now your new head coach. I bet this "player power" is being regretted now :lol:

I think the players are being punished more than De Boer!!!

Really?

Can't imagine Hodgson is a slave driver. From the understanding of many ITK's he barely knows where he is half the time. Easy life with him as manager. Do what you like.
fjthegrey

Postby swash on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:00 am

Hodgson's just arrived at the Palace, to ask Liz she can take a decent corner
swash

Postby somerset-hammer on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:25 am

Apparently he was seen wandering around London, in his slippers still holding the shirt, hours after this photo was taken..

somerset-hammer

Postby Upton Carp on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:41 am

Really hope we play Noble at theirs and he has a blinder/scores a hat-trick/is MotM...then gives the finger to the old waste of space at full time...Stick that up yer bum, you ex-England failure. :twisted:
Upton Carp

Postby Harry Hound on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:45 am

They've really ****ed up big time, they should have gone for BFS again cos Woy is a wally!
Harry Hound

Location: "just a came from nowhere and going straight back there!"

Postby uptonparkhurst on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:11 pm

I pity the Palace fans, watching as Benteke takes the corners.. :)

After the England debacle I doubt that even G&S would be nuts enough to employ Hodgson.
Given his age, the pressures of the job (and the high probability that he doesn't need the cash) I am truly
surprised that he wanted the job. If he doesn't hit the ground running he is in for a torrid time.
uptonparkhurst

Location: On the ground floor, thinking that the "next level" could be the basement

Postby fjthegrey on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:21 pm

uptonparkhurst wrote:I am truly surprised that he wanted the job.

Gives him something to do a few weekday mornings and Saturday afternoons doesn't it.

He'd only potter around the house irritating Mrs Hodgson.
fjthegrey

Postby damiant on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:33 pm

Hodgson is just a name/figurehead to appease the fans as they bring in the first team coach to run the show underneath him
damiant

Postby Jumby on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:44 pm

He'll keep them up, they have pacey wide players and a goalscorer in Benteke, decent enough centre halves plus someone with finesse in Cabaye. With squads like Palace's you just have to keep things basic, don't try any flash ****, you wouldn't try and make a Michelin star restaurant dish with a few slices of bread and a tin of beans so you shouldn't try and play like Barcelona with Scott Dann and Christian Benteke.
Jumby

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:02 pm

fjthegrey wrote:

From the understanding of many ITK's he barely knows where he is half the time. Easy life with him as manager.

He has Alzheimers too? :o

Poor sod.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby damiant on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:22 pm

just to add to this,

Zaha has only played once this season, and Mamadou Sakho who was brilliant for them last season hasnt played a game yet.

Will Sahko start for them next game and be MoM, when Zaha becomes fit again will he terrorise defences again?

or is Woy the messiah
damiant

Postby brothernero on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:25 pm

Stunned that not only did they offer Roy the job, but that he took it.

Not sure he will be able to keep them up. Their next 4 games are going to be very telling. I could easily see them losing 3 or even all 4. Would be some kind of miracle needed if they lose 7 of their first 8 and then stay up.
brothernero

Previous

Return to General Discussion