East Thurrock United (Non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

East Thurrock United (Non WHU)

Postby E7Iron on Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Little old East Thurrock United are flying in the National League South, being the only unbeaten side left in the league. Played 10, Won 6 Drew 4 Lost 0 despite having arguably the lowest budget of all of the league and second season at this level is a fantastic achievement, especially as they only have 18 players on their books.

It would be a dream to see Leyton Orient vs East Thurrock United!
E7Iron

Re: East Thurrock United (Non WHU)

Postby bobd_uk on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:13 pm

Not bad for a team playing out of a glorified shed at the industrial end of Stanford le Hope!
bobd_uk

Postby FreeWheeling on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Good work East Thurrock

First time I have looked at the Nat Southern this season, glad to see Whitehawk at the bottom :thup:
FreeWheeling

Postby fmgod on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:48 pm

They were favourites to go down, see them play Braintree the other week looked good, don't think they'll be able to keep it up though
fmgod

Postby E7Iron on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:48 am

Reviving this as East Thurrock have made it to the last 16 of the FA Trophy for the first time in their history and drawn away to Spennymoor Town. A nice 5 hour drive!
E7Iron

Postby fmgod on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:50 am

It's not the worst draw, a club at the same level as them.
fmgod

Postby jimbol1966 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:31 pm

I was at the league game vs Concord Rangers a few weeks ago, they have Amos Nasha playing for them.

He was the poor lad who let go by WHU around the same time as George Moncur, not long after lost his Dad.

Was just him and his brother then as he had no other family in the country, very sad.
jimbol1966

Postby bondsbootlaces on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Seeing this thread made me look up AFC Hornchurch for the first time in a while. Used to love going to see them when I was 12-14 when West Ham were away. There were some good days including a trip to Roots Hall for the Essex Cup Final at the same time when the Cowley's (Nicky and Danny) were playing, now in charge of Lincoln City.

Happy for East Thurrock too they're holding their own in the league. Want to try and see them play soon perhaps even against Hornchurch in the next few seasons. East Thurrock in mid table and Hornchurch 6 points clear at the top of Isthmian North with 2 games in hand.
bondsbootlaces

Postby ageing hammer on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:21 pm

What's their right back like :)
ageing hammer

Postby goa127 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:35 pm

Their right back about fifty years ago was my older brother. Don't think he'd be much use now. They'd just been formed and were our local team. Great to see a team progress from genuine nothing to where they are now. To correct a previous post, they don't play at 'the industrial end of Stanford-le-hope' they play on the edge of Corringham just round the corner to an old pub called the \bull where I bought my first pint aged 13. I'm pretty sure the pub's still going even though they lost my dad's regular custom a few years back
goa127

Postby E7Iron on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:40 pm

goa127 wrote:Their right back about fifty years ago was my older brother. Don't think he'd be much use now. They'd just been formed and were our local team. Great to see a team progress from genuine nothing to where they are now. To correct a previous post, they don't play at 'the industrial end of Stanford-le-hope' they play on the edge of Corringham just round the corner to an old pub called the \bull where I bought my first pint aged 13. I'm pretty sure the pub's still going even though they lost my dad's regular custom a few years back

The Bull is still going strong, I myself am a SLH boy, now living in London. Although I tend to frequent the many social clubs in the area now rather than the pubs. Pegasus, Corringham Social Club and Spinghouse are the ones of choice.
E7Iron

Postby goa127 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Corringham social club was also one of my dad's watering holes. I left Corringham in 1972 but the aforementioned right back is still there. Never strayed that far, Forest Gate, Chadwell Heath and now Brentwood keeps me close to West Ham (if only they'd run some trains at the weekend!)
goa127

Return to General Discussion