Someone sat in my seat

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Someone sat in my seat

Postby twosips on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:27 pm

I turned up for the game Mon, entered my season ticket in the reader, it went red,the steward checked my card and let me in. Went to my seat only to find someone sat in it, they had a valid season ticket for that seat. The person in question had along with three other family members asked for a move and were given four seats one of which was mine. A senior steward Sat me in another seat and took my name and email saying this has happened to others tonight, and the club would contact me, but as yet nothing. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and was it resolved? I'm on a two year season ticket and did not receive any notifications pre season about doing anything, so just turned up Monday with the card I used last year, it looks like new cards have been issued. Be good to hear If anyone else has had this issue.
twosips

Re: Someone sat in my seat

Postby Alfiehammer on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:30 pm

Sounds like you're taking it quite well. I'd be fuming and demanding a premium seat to compensate...
Alfiehammer

Postby Georgee Paris on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:37 pm

They might chuck in a dildo as well.
Georgee Paris

Postby Alan Pardew's Dad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:12 pm

Georgee Paris wrote:They might chuck in a dildo as well.

If they offered that to me, I'd tell them where to shove it.
Alan Pardew's Dad

Postby Wembley1966 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 pm

You fell for the 2 year scam! You pay for 2 years but they only let you in for 1.
Wembley1966

Postby Up the Junction on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:36 am

Hi twosips. Let me know if you don't get any joy and I'll take it up with the club on your behalf.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby hemelite on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:10 am

Bolton will be my first visit to the new Stadium, and i intend to sit in everyone's seats just to test the view.
I weigh 19 stone so you might not want to be in it when i land.

:scarfer:
hemelite

Postby the pink palermo on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:15 am

I've not had it confirmed yet but I believe this is part of the latest club policy of deliberating overbooking seats in much the same was as the airlines do because they anticipate a number of no shows .

For the Bolton match they've sold 2.6m tickets .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby ironilunga on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:52 am

Georgee Paris wrote:They might chuck in a dildo as well.

A double intruder would be fitting (or not as the case may be)
ironilunga

Postby Pop Robson on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:01 am

We used get people in our seats if we arrived late, 3:05pm 3 blokes in our seats. They said they thought no one was sitting there, I said give in a bit longer next time !!
Pop Robson

Postby Simply Moore on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:37 am

Wembley1966 wrote:You fell for the 2 year scam! You pay for 2 years but they only let you in for 1.

There are loads of these scams particularly online. If you send me £19.95 I'll tell you how to avoid all of them :)
Simply Moore

Postby fmgod on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:42 am

I had two random events at the Boleyn with my season ticket

Turned up to find some skinhead eastern European looking nutcase in a vest, tatoos galore, sitting on the back of the chair with a can or larger in hand.

I missed one game and some stupid women was convinced that my seat was hers, then come out with some comment like I'm here every week, my son was in corporate for the Millwall game, possibly one of the oddest statements I've ever heard considering I'd had a season ticket at that point for about six years in the same seat and barely missed a game.
fmgod

Postby chuffster on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:50 am

That's the bloke in charge of bookings...
chuffster

Postby wildkard on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:17 am

Not wishing to sound condescending, but are you absolutely sure you paid for two seasons?

One of my mates was convinced his ST was a two year deal and that he'd paid for two seasons already. The club then called him and asked if he was going to renew. Sure enough, when he checked his bank statement he'd only paid for one year.

Another mate was sold a ST on the premise that he was "supposed to pay for two seasons up front, but just pay for one now and then decide if you want to carry on after the end of the season". Similar thing really.

You probably already have, but I'd suggest checking that any payments that should've come out of your bank actually did come out of your bank.

(much more likely an admin error (!) by the club, having said that)

As an aside, I can't think of a single game so far at the OS where someone around me hasn't become confused by seats in some way. People turning up to already occupied seats claiming they are theirs, people sitting in my seats, all that caper.
wildkard

Postby Coops on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:23 am

It happened to us at the old ground, but the other way round.
My nephews mate works for SKY so we used to get tickets in the posh seats for free. We were sat there and this couple came over and insisted that they were their seats.They were pretty pissed off but there was no way we were moving. We called a steward over who sorted it out (well they went off so I assume they found somewhere else to sit).
Coops

Postby Jumby on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:24 pm

Coops wrote:It happened to us at the old ground, but the other way round.
My nephews mate works for SKY so we used to get tickets in the posh seats for free. We were sat there and this couple came over and insisted that they were their seats.They were pretty pissed off but there was no way we were moving. We called a steward over who sorted it out (well they went off so I assume they found somewhere else to sit).

If I was at a game for free and sat in someones seat, that they'd paid for, and they were there wanting to sit in them, I wouldn't think 'well there's no way we're moving!' :lol: Jesus man, did not one of you have the balls and manners to sit up and say 'come on lads, we're in their seats', I know I would have done, to anyone, anywhere, but especially Hammers fans at a West Ham game!

Sorry, I don't mean to tear into you but that sounds like you lot took the utter p!ss there!
Jumby

Postby wildkard on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:26 pm

Jumby, you have messed up.
wildkard

Postby Jumby on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Were the couple getting in for free too? i'm confused :lol:
Jumby

Postby Ifcukin8chelsea on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:30 pm

My son couldn't make the Huddersfield game so we upgraded the seat for my mate and when he tried to enter he also got a red light and a steward had to let him in! They had more than enough time to get this right!
Ifcukin8chelsea

Postby Coops on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Jumby wrote:
If I was at a game for free and sat in someones seat, that they'd paid for, and they were there wanting to sit in them, I wouldn't think 'well there's no way we're moving!' :lol: Jesus man, did not one of you have the balls and manners to sit up and say 'come on lads, we're in their seats', I know I would have done, to anyone, anywhere, but especially Hammers fans at a West Ham game!

Sorry, I don't mean to tear into you but that sounds like you lot took the utter p!ss there!

We had tickets, they were our seats, it doesn't matter if we had paid for them or not. It was the clubs **** up not ours. It's not as if we printed the tickets ourselves and were chancing our arm. My nephew sat there almost every game, so they were effectively his seats anyway.
Coops

Next

Return to General Discussion