League Cup 4th Round - Tottenham Hotspur Away (Wembley)!

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: League Cup 4th Round - Tottenham Away (Wembley)!

Postby Luke (THFC) on Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:03 pm

MD_HM wrote:Well you can register and put them in your basket :)

You can indeed, but before you can checkout and pay for them you will have to assign the ticket to a member.
Luke (THFC)

Postby Luke (THFC) on Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 pm

hammers92 wrote:Mine’s come from a mate who can’t be bothered to go. There’s supposedly around 60-70k STH’s there this year, they’ll be plenty floating around if you look for them

Only 42,000 ST holders I think.

They have capped it at the same number they want at the new stadium. Plenty of those will indeed be giving it a swerve though I'm sure, so there will be lots of membership numbers for use for those of you with Spurs supporting friends.
Luke (THFC)

Postby Daddy p on Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:29 pm

Yer your right 42.000 STH because of there new ground we have more STH.
Daddy p

Postby MD_HM on Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Luke (THFC) wrote:You can indeed, but before you can checkout and pay for them you will have to assign the ticket to a member.

Never went that far... although most people know a Spurs fan that's not going :)

You could buy tickets from Thomas Cook up until today, whether they have been sold or pulled I don't know.

It's a shame there will be so many empty seats and/or away fans scattered around... it doesn't make the experience good for anyone.

Could have just given us 8-10k and had done with it... less trouble than a few hundered in the home ends
MD_HM

Postby Luke (THFC) on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:17 pm

MD_HM wrote:[
Never went that far... although most people know a Spurs fan that's not going :)

You could buy tickets from Thomas Cook up until today, whether they have been sold or pulled I don't know.

It's a shame there will be so many empty seats and/or away fans scattered around... it doesn't make the experience good for anyone.

Could have just given us 8-10k and had done with it... less trouble than a few hundered in the home ends

I got burnt on that one for the Real Madrid game. Thought I had managed to get in and get some extra tickets on top of the one allocated against my Season Ticket and then went to check out and pay and suddenly had to assign each one to a different membership number. I had wasted about 45 minutes in the queue waiting to get in as well.

I agree that it is a shame. I would have much preferred you guys to get a big allocation for this one, especially as it doesn't look like our fans seem that bothered about going. I disagree that there will be trouble with away fans in the home sections though. I don't doubt that there will be a few scattered around, but they will all be using friends/colleagues season ticket/membership numbers and would therefore imagine that the last thing they would want to do would be to get the person who had helped them out banned.
Luke (THFC)

Postby mushy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:20 pm

Luke (THFC) wrote:. I don't doubt that there will be a few scattered around, but they will all be using friends/colleagues season ticket/membership numbers and would therefore imagine that the last thing they would want to do would be to get the person who had helped them out banned.

Exactly this Luke.
Unless they move to empty seats once in the ground and chuck away their tickets, this would make them unidentifiable I would think.
mushy

Postby sutts07 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:22 am

Luke (THFC) wrote:. I don't doubt that there will be a few scattered around, but they will all be using friends/colleagues season ticket/membership numbers

I think people are underestimating how many West Ham are up for going to this despite not being able to get an 'official' ticket.

You don't have to look very hard online to find tickets for this in the home end. One site is claiming to have 816 still available and you can buy in blocks of 12!

I think it was a huge mistake not to just give us a big allocation and keep us all together. There is potential for pockets of trouble all over the ground. Plenty of ill feeling between the two sets of fans these days and our last couple of visits to them have not been exactly peaceful affairs.

Add to that, all day drinking, unexpected numbers and poor segregation... it will all be our fault of course!
sutts07

Postby bubbles500 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:41 am

The site you refer to with 816 tickets.Livefootballtickets.com are selling for PL match not this fixture.I think most of these sites are dodgy as ****.
bubbles500

Postby hammerman11 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:03 am

could really launch our season winning this.
strongest side possible for me .
we play brighton on the friday before so plenty of time to recover. palace away a few days afterwards.

win these 3 and we are flying.
hammerman11

Postby mushy on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:36 am

For information.
The Green Man Hotel (remember that place from the play-off final)? Has been designated a West Ham only pub.
mushy

Postby arlhe on Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:18 pm

Like a number of you I can get a ticket from a THFC ST holder but I don't think I could cope with a Spurs goal, if I had to pretend to celebrate.
arlhe

Postby e10hammer on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:44 am

arlhe
I have sat with the home support at away games dozens of times over the years, numerous times at spurs, and have never celebrated a home goal yet, I find if you respect those around you and where you are you will be left alone, I have been rumbled many times but have never been singled out yet, in fact a lot of times I have been to games and find myself sitting with other Hammers. We have tickets in with the Spurs for this game as do many others. We have chose this game as the ease of getting tickets, which won't be the same for the league game.
e10hammer

Postby arlhe on Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:08 pm

Thanks, E10. I've done it a couple of times) Arsenal and Chalton) and not had a problem, even though those around me quickly realised I was West Ham fan. Difference is I went with a home fan both times and I'll be on my own, feeling very self conscious. I'll speak to a couple of Spurs STHs on Monday and decide then.
arlhe

Postby MD_HM on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 pm

Norwich got early 9k for their game at Arsenal by comparison
MD_HM

Postby sanchoz on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:37 am

Tottenham are 'hated' for their Jewish origins, claim Spanish newspaper Marca

Tottenham are "hated" for their Jewish origins, Spain's best-selling newspaper Marca has claimed.

The Madrid-based sports daily printed the shocking claims on Monday as part of their preview for Spurs' visit to Real Madrid in the Champions League this week.

Tottenham are described as a club "hated, but with good footballing style."

And they expand on that by claiming "their Jewish origin has made them into a club disliked by rival fans," before adding "but in their 135 years of existence they have always had style and great players."

While Spurs do traditionally have a large Jewish following, the club was actually formed by members of Hotspur Cricket Club in 1882 with assistance from a Bible class teacher from the local church, John Ripsher, who would eventually become the club's first president.

A Spurs statement in response read: "We are astonished that a publication such as Marca, which presents itself as an alleged source of professional journalism, has seen fit to publish such an article which is blatantly wrong and wholly distasteful."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 02511.html

Followed by:

Tottenham, Chelsea and West Ham condemn Marca over 'Jewish origin' article

Tottenham, Chelsea and West Ham have condemned an article in Marca suggesting "Jewish origin" has made Spurs "disliked by rival fans".

Spanish newspaper Marca has apologised to Tottenham after publishing the piece, published on Monday ahead of Spurs' Champions League visit to Real Madrid, which described the north London club as "hated, but with good footballing style".

Marca subsequently claimed that the exact meaning of the word "hated" had been lost in translation, but apologised for the offence caused.

"It has generated controversy in England because of a mis-translation of the term 'hated', which also featured in the copy," a statement released by the newspaper said.

"The 'hatred' that Tottenham suffers is very focused on the radical and racist groups that are hiding in society, especially among the fans of Chelsea and West Ham. Obviously, these groups do not represent the English game or society.

"We regret the confusion that has been created in this respect. The intention was not to damage the image of Tottenham - a club we respect, value and admire.

"We do not want to serve as a mouthpiece for these racist minorities, which remain within football and which use any pretext to spread their messages of hate, which we reject head-on."

Chelsea released a statement insisting they wanted to make their stance over "racism" clear following the article.

"We know that the vast majority of our fans share the club's view that racism is both abhorrent and deplorable and will not be tolerated," a Chelsea spokesperson said.

"It is a great shame a media publication such as Marca should choose to make such wide-ranging, inaccurate and appalling accusations."

A West Ham United spokesperson added: "We are shocked and disappointed by the comments made by Marca in relation to Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United and Chelsea.

"There is no place in sport for discrimination of any kind. West Ham United is an inclusive environment where everyone that visits London Stadium feels welcome, regardless of gender, age, race, religion or sexual orientation.

"Marca's accusations are unfounded, offensive and wildly inaccurate."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... in-article

"Serious Libel"?
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Row X on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:57 am

Once again it's the double standards of their fans using the 'y' word that brings these kind of things.

If they were to stop using it, half of these issues might go away. When they visit other countries, the locals will always pick up that their fans call themselves that, when 95-99% are not even Jewish.

How on earth we have got caught up in the build up to a Real Madrid v Tottenham game?
Row X

Postby HarlowEssexHammer on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:10 pm

I don't hate them for the Jewish links and I doubt many factor that in at all, if they didn't call themselves the Y** Army I'd forget altogether.

I hate them because 99% of Tottenham fans I've met are complete arseholes when it comes to talking football. Soccer AM nailed it years ago! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkiMM3LFzaQ
HarlowEssexHammer

Re: League Cup 4th Round - Tottenham Hotspur Away (Wembley)!

Postby Sparky69er on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Where are we all drinking during the day? PM me info please...
Sparky69er

Postby roblo on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Sparky69er wrote:Where are we all drinking during the day? PM me info please...

Someone above said Green Man has been allocated for away fans. Fond memories of the car park of that place before the Play-off Final.
roblo

Postby hadleighhammer on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:27 pm

We sorted a few pub options on the Jubilee line then post-drinks grab the Metropolitan to Wembley.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion