England Squad

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: England Squad

Postby bubbles500 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:04 am

I’m not sure there’s a great mystery to it tbh.In the last 40 years if you look at the list of managers Robson and venables clearly stand out as quality.And those were our two best tournaments.Its really not rocket science.Next was probably hoddle ,if he hadn’t been fired things may have been very different.Eriksen had the best squad ever and majorly underperformed.Capello I would have expected more,but obviously players didn’t take to his methods.The rest of the appointments you look back now and wonder why?Southgate is another if he fails you could say it was obvious he would.I have a glimmer of hope re Southgate in that he tells it like it is,and speaks very well.Also he has a big hand in youth policy.But does he have experience or tactical nous we will find out.Id say 80% of our failure over last 40 years has pure and simple been the wrong manager.
bubbles500

Previous

Return to General Discussion