Do you watch football.....

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Do you watch football.....

Postby bubbles1966 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:00 pm

...apart from West Ham?

I religiously watch us....but everyone and everything else?

England matches? Tournament finals maybe.
MOTD? Hardly ever
Other live PL matches? If I'm at home, I suppose. Mostly on a quiet Sunday.
CL/EL? Not often until the very latest stages
Fizz and foreign games? Rarely.
bubbles1966

Re: Do you watch football.....

Postby Kialos on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:02 pm

I like watching the Championship games on TV. That's my favourite league TBH.
Kialos

Postby WCpete on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:05 pm

From 8K miles away, I used to watch every West Ham match. Once upon a time I'd get up at obscene hrs to do so. Last few seasons I'd record them and get to them later in the day. This season, NBC has made it very difficult and expensive to watch us so I've missed a few.

I'll watch a lot of the WC and the Euros, but non of the qualifiers. Don't care about CL. Don't care about Europa. If I'm channel surfing and there's a match on from another league in Europe or Mexico or South America, I'll watch a few minutes. Basically my football watching is almost exclusively West Ham, and less frequently this year.
WCpete

Postby hammer1975 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:16 pm

Tend to go for West Ham related. For example when we signed Kouyate and Sakho I started watching Senegal a lot, watched a few Turkish games when we were heavily linked with Tore and Ozyakup, Sporting since we were linked with Carvalho etc

Bit fickle really as once the West Ham link fades then I tend to stop

Can't remember the last time I watched a sky game that didn't involve West Ham - per the other thread I find the Prem coverage pretty nauseating nowadays.
hammer1975

Postby Big George on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:27 am

We have unofficial rules in our house

weekends, I'm allowed to watch anything and will do as long as other commitments don't get in the way.

Weekdays, not so much unless its West Ham or I have been a good boy :arry:

Do watch MotD, the pundits need freshening up but its still a good product

Never watch foreign league football although my boy does watch La Liga.

Celtic in the champs league (don't judge me).
Big George

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:31 am

The days when I'd watch any old sh*te game are long gone. I'll watch our games, England tournament games and qualifiers at a push. MOTD if I'm awake, or if we've played well and are early in the running order.
DasNutNock

Postby hadleighhammer on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:31 am

Only WHUFC and on a Sunday MOTD and the Football League highlights.

Don't even bother with England or Champs League even if on terrestrial. Refuse to give Sky or BT my money to encourage them further to ruin football for the matchday going supporter.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Postby Mega Ron on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:32 am

When I was a child I watched any football I could. In the 90s I chose to watch games instead of going to family events or meeting up with mates.

I'd even watch all the weird 5-a-side preseason games that were shown on Eurosport from the German leagues.

Now I only watch parts of our games. And not much of them really. I don't enjoy watching football on the TV anymore and I really don't enjoy watching our games. I don't really celebrate when we score when I'm watching on the TV anymore either.
Mega Ron

Postby fmgod on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:35 am

Yeah all levels from lower non-league like East Thurrock, to most of the English leagues, few Italian and Spanish games and for some reason been watching Marseille for about five years now

I don't bother with Europe until it gets to the last group game.
fmgod

Postby Collison Theory on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:36 am

I'm not a premier league hater, but I can't say I've watched that many non-West Ham games this season. I mean, I have them on, but I'm just on my phone or computer for a lot of it.

I've always been a big England follower, I still watch all the games, but like most, I'm pretty half hearted about it. Iceland was a big deal to me, and they have to win me back.
Collison Theory

Postby Centre Half on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:37 am

Always games on in my house but I can't remember the last time I sat and watched 90 mins straight aside from it being West Ham.

Unless it's West Ham or an exceptionally good game (rare) I just find them boring to be frank
Centre Half

Postby WHU_Del on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:37 am

MOTD and MOTD2 always.
Live games on terrestrial (FA Cup for example) maybe, it depends.
Football Focus if I'm in.
England games if I'm in, or I record highlights.
CL/EL - never (until we qualify), but will watch the final if it looks like it'll be a good game.
Other leagues - never, except Oviedo highlights in La Liga 2.
WHU_Del

Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Postby Hammer1972 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:38 am

I used to before I had kids. Had a Sky Sports subscription and would usually have all of the weekend game on, plus MNF and Champions League on ITV. I never paid as close attention to it as a West Ham game but I just enjoyed having it on.

Since kids however it is generally WHU games only, and I am lucky to get through one of those undisturbed.
Hammer1972

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:39 am

England matches? Will watch the odd qualifier and always in the major tournaments.
MOTD? Every week
Other live PL matches? Lunchtime saturday games in the pub before West Ham. Occasionally on a Sunday.
CL/EL? Only final stages
Fizz and foreign games? Some Championship games including the biggest teams and love the play offs. Will watch the Championship and Football league highlights. Never watch any La Liga etc..*****.
LincolnshireHammer

Postby 3Dicks on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:40 am

I only watch west ham. no interest in anything or anyone else. if I'm at home during world cup or Euros i might watch England but I dont go out of my way.

It's why i don't subscribe to Sky or BT sport channels. I'd be quite happy to pay a subscription fee either to the club or whoever for some kind of online season ticket to stream all the games live.

as for MoTD, I fast forward to the west ham game then just watch the goals round up on MOTD2
Last edited by 3Dicks on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
3Dicks

Postby mushy on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:41 am

I used to be an avid watcher of all things West Ham but not really watched much at all lately on TV.
MOTD gets recorded but not really watched, then there are the Sky games which seem to interest me less and less . In fact am not really sure why I even have Sky as the games I want to watch are generally the games I attend.
England... It was on in the background last night as I pulled up an old carpet, I honestly couldnt give one stuff about them or the up and coming World Cup money making machine, having said that its always a laugh in the pubs watching the expectant faces as we get stuffed by Albania or someone.
West Ham games that I cannot attend, normally involves searching around for a stream, but after Newcastle away this year I doubt if I will bother again (I didint for West Brom).
As the years go by I feel less and less West Ham and watch less and less TV football, the two are probably related.
mushy

Postby irving boleyn on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:43 am

Same as you Bubbles !

I used to watch Manure when they had a team of some of my heroes..Rooney,Neville,Rio..not any more. I will watch Sp#rs now to try to find flaws in Kane and Alli !
irving boleyn

Postby Langley Hammer on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:46 am

Living in Australia, I will watch whichever premier league highlights is available.

Euro and World Cup games.

Any other 'must see' games.

I listen to West Ham and premier league podcasts also to keep up to date.
Langley Hammer

Postby the celestial insect on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:51 am

Yes, MOTD and other random games, but not as much as I used to.

My favourite thing is the World Cup though, and I try to see every game available. I don't know why, but seeing very different countries matched against each other reminds me of football when I was a kid.
the celestial insect

Postby Tenbury on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:51 am

All our games ,On TV or in person,and local lower, and non league stuff(there's me and my son,and that's all I can afford).
I only watch MOTD when we've won.I only watch internationals during WCs when you get a game like Tonga vs Outer Mongolia,and it's a bit of a laugh.
Tenbury

Next

Return to General Discussion