Syria national team

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Syria national team

Postby Billydinho on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:46 pm

International football has been ruined for years because of the focus on not losing rather than winning.

The last Euros epitomised this mindset which is why poor teams managed to progress so far playing at an awful standard of football.
Billydinho

Re: Syria national team

Postby ChzMff on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Billydinho wrote:International football has been ruined for years because of the focus on not losing rather than winning.

The last Euros epitomised this mindset which is why poor teams managed to progress so far playing at an awful standard of football.

What about domestic football then? Do we go to Man Utd or Girona to Real Madrid with a focus to win?

Im no lover of international football but a cheap, lazy stereotype.

On the same point, I might be on my own but I admire the underdog defensive resilience. There's many facets to football. Defending for your lives with passion and then being intelligent enough to break with skill is often criticised but a skill in itself.
ChzMff

Previous

Return to General Discussion