[POLL] Are YOU happy at the Olympic/London Stadium?

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Are you "happy with the move" to Stratford?

Yes
14%
No
78%
Unsure
8%

Total votes: 738

S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: [POLL] Are YOU happy at the Olympic/London Stadium?

Post by S-H »

I bet at least 95% of fans want the owners gone!
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Just need to get the results of these polls picked up by Sky or other media outlets.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

somerset-hammer wrote:I bet at least 95% of fans want the owners gone!
That would be a worthwhile poll!
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Seems to be a disproportionate amount of negative Tweets (or retweets) on Whetstone's Twitter feed to make him as much of a club lackey as most think.

I would be astonished if there are any "club plants" anywhere, in any capacity. I'd imagine our so-called media team is a single minimum wage part timer working from a broom cupboard.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 691 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

wildkard wrote:
I would be astonished if there are any "club plants" anywhere, in any capacity. I'd imagine our so-called media team is a single minimum wage part timer working from a broom cupboard.
Be astonished then.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I'm one of them remember. Dave is gonna do his nut once he sees I've dug them out regarding the Stadium. Will probably lose my bonus now.
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

wildkard wrote:
Naivety beyond belief. Unfortunately a lot of us were when the dildo brothers first rolled into town.
wildkard

Post by wildkard »

Said it before: perfectly logical that West Ham staff post on Twitter, forums, all that sort of caper as they are fans of the club. They probably present a somewhat skewed view as they work for West Ham as well, but club plants? Specifically told to spread the good message on places like this? Seems way too organised and PR driven to be something the club would do, purely because they are massively inept in that area. I'd really like to see any evidence of this, not just people's opinion (which is what this is on my part as well, of course).

Edit: obviously people from the club reading posts on social media is a different thing entirely.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

You won’t be getting any evidence as we would never stoop as low as to reveal or expose anyone from the club , just as we do not reveal any of the itk sources , and we do protect them even though they suffer abuse for posting in good faith what they are told or hear

Suffice to say we do see patterns on here from posters old and new we have IP addresses and know what goes on, you do not see or read every post we moderate and therefore do not see thankfully a lot of the abuse of independent websites by outside influences, so take it as read please we have planted posters on here some are obvious some not so , dismiss it all you like but you will not get any evidence, that is not our style

:kumb:
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

They had form for this when the owners of Birmingham. planting pretend posters into the Brum forums. However just like here they were quickly found out.

Just another underhand method these two clowns use to try and paint themselves as "West Ham's Great Saviours"

Sadly some are still blind to what they try and do and are still very Naive, Most have thankfully now woken up to them.

Seeing the end results for the Sean Whetstone poll has made my day. You can bet your bottom dollar there would be many fake voters ticking the yes box to try and push the vote in favour of what Sullivan claimed. Backfired big time for Sean, even then 73% have said NO! :lol:
wildkard

Post by wildkard »

sicknote wrote:You won’t be getting any evidence as we would never stoop as low as to reveal or expose anyone from the club , just as we do not reveal any of the itk sources , and we do protect them even though they suffer abuse for posting in good faith what they are told or hear

Suffice to say we do see patterns on here from posters old and new we have IP addresses and know what goes on, you do not see or read every post we moderate and therefore do not see thankfully a lot of the abuse of independent websites by outside influences, so take it as read please we have planted posters on here some are obvious some not so , dismiss it all you like but you will not get any evidence, that is not our style

:kumb:
IP addresses would also match up with what I said - people who work for West Ham, are fans, but not necessarily plants. Would be weird if no club IP addresses showed up on here in fact. I'd imagine a large percentage of those that work for West Ham are fans.

Anyway, doesn't really matter if there are club plants given their stuff is removed by the mods. So it's all good. Moving on.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

When are they going to start feeling the wrath of all the aggrieved and unhappy fans?

Considering the damage they have done, they have had it easy
wildkard

Post by wildkard »

Nesticles wrote:When are they going to start feeling the wrath of all the aggrieved and unhappy fans?

Doesn't seem to be much, if anything, in the press about them. The most I've heard is a few shouty fans on Talksport spouting some factually incorrect rubbish, which doesn't help anyone.
Kentish Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by Kentish Hammer »

The problem with this debate is that we can’t get away from separating the team’s form or the club’s investment from the stadium itself. If we win a game and play well, such as Palace or Spurs last season, suddenly the stadium is great and those with issues with it are lambasted. Play badly such as Friday night and the stadium is rubbish and those that favour it are lambasted and accused of not being real West Ham etc.

The question I would really love to know an honest answer to is whether you would be happy with the stadium had we signed a load of world beaters and won every game we played there. For me it would still be a no, purely because the stands are too far from the pitch meaning I don’t feel involved in the game and don’t come away feeling like I can give a decent assertion of how we played because I can’t see the action clearly enough.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Kentish Hammer wrote:The question I would really love to know an honest answer to is whether you would be happy with the stadium had we signed a load of world beaters and won every game we played there. For me it would still be a no, purely because the stands are too far from the pitch meaning I don’t feel involved in the game and don’t come away feeling like I can give a decent assertion of how we played because I can’t see the action clearly enough.
I wouldn't be happy personally for the myriad of reasons I've stated many a time. No point regurgitating them again.

However, if the move had allowed us to buy elite players and as a result we were now, or at the very least clearly moving towards being, one of the top sides in the country, then I would sit back and say "Good luck to all those who are enjoying this". This was the deal, to move to a stadium, perhaps not the ideal stadium, but a stadium that allowed us to move to "the next level". It wouldn't be my cup of tea, but I wouldn't be arrogant enough to expect West Ham to exist in an image of my choosing when it was delivering the dreams of so many others.

The fact that we've moved and appear to have gained absolutely nothing from a football point of view is sad. Not because it's a disappointment, but because it was so obviously always going to be the case.
tall paul
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by tall paul »

Kentish Hammer wrote:The problem with this debate is that we can’t get away from separating the team’s form or the club’s investment from the stadium itself. If we win a game and play well, such as Palace or Spurs last season, suddenly the stadium is great and those with issues with it are lambasted. Play badly such as Friday night and the stadium is rubbish and those that favour it are lambasted and accused of not being real West Ham etc.

The question I would really love to know an honest answer to is whether you would be happy with the stadium had we signed a load of world beaters and won every game we played there. For me it would still be a no, purely because the stands are too far from the pitch meaning I don’t feel involved in the game and don’t come away feeling like I can give a decent assertion of how we played because I can’t see the action clearly enough.
There just be even more tourists and part timers
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Nesticles wrote:When are they going to start feeling the wrath of all the aggrieved and unhappy fans?

The Olympic Stadium isn't conducive to angry chants from the fans to the board. At Upton Park the BML & TBL would air their views vocally and those in the West Stand were close enough to the directors box to articulate their disapproval.
The lack of passion in the new stadium extends to vocal criticism too - just boos and leaving early now.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

I've gone unsure as myself, Eggs Jnr. 1 and 2 have only attended about half a dozen times since we moved there.

We were season ticket holders for the last two years at The Bolelyn, but decided not to take them up when we moved. The reason for our decision was we wanted to get to as many games as possible (something we haven't really managed to a large degree) and sit in different places around the ground. Then when we found somewhere we liked, we would then apply for season tickets (if available and affordable) in that area.

As I said, we've only been a few times, but I must say, the different places we've sat so far, the view hasn't been too bad. The atmosphere is a different story though. I know we can view the atmosphere at The Boleyn through C&B specs, but there is a definite and obvious difference now and I often wonder if that is transmitted to the players out on the pitch.

At the moment, we're Claret members, but to be honest, I don't think we'll bother with that after this season and with all the s**t going on lately, I don't think we'll become season ticket holders in the near future either.

If the vote had been a straight yes or no, it would have definitely been a no from me!
Last edited by Eggs'n'nuts on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lynothehammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by lynothehammer »

I've yet to attend a game at the OS, to me it just doesn't seem right.

Don't get me wrong the last game i attended at UP was Manchester United in the Cup (yeah that one where Specs & Cole got 2 each), but that for me was home...
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

DDHammer wrote:Just need to get the results of these polls picked up by Sky or other media outlets.
Or tweet the result to Gary Neville. He'll stir it up, plus he was the one that got the "95%" out of Sully.