[POLL] Moyes or Pardew?

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Given a choice of two, which of the following would you prefer to succeed Slaven Bilic?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:15 pm

David Moyes
6%
Alan Pardew
94%

Total votes: 567

hammerdivone

Re: [POLL] Moyes or Pardew?

Post by hammerdivone »

hammerdivone wrote:Without a neither option this poll is pointless
brothernero wrote:Not if you are happy to give Pardew a chance and you really don't want Moyes. Seems the perfect Poll to me. It's a clear statement to our owners that we do not want Moyes.

Anyway Moyes it is, I see Hugh Mouthpiece has been wheeled out to big up the Moyes appointment. :x
Well clearly I'm not, hence why I think the poll is pointless.

At the moment it is a clear statement that we will take back an ex-Manager, who we all know what he got up to but are not allowed to mention apparently.

And you clearly forget not winning in 11 and going out of the cup to the mighty Chesterfield despite having Tevez and Mascherano at his disposal.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Gerblatz wrote:It doesn’t look good from Libero’s post...in a 2 horse race he would still be my choice...if he doesn’t work out, then we win by watching the owners fall on it. It’s 6 months...he needs to hit the ground running...he will have the International break and then we see how this throw of the dice pans out.
Taking the emotion aside for a second, I don’t think he has the tactical nous or the man management ability to make the right impact
brothernero
Has liked: 749 likes
Total likes: 763 likes

Post by brothernero »

Hammerdivonne i think you are missing the point. No one is saying lets go and get Pardew, they are saying if it's a choice between him and Moyes then Pardew is a clear winner.

No one here does not believe we can get better than those two. The fact we are debating them both is pretty damning on the three dicks that run our club.

West Ham going X amount of games without a win and losing in the cup to a lower league team is hardly something only Pardew has done.
Last edited by brothernero on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenIron
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by GreenIron »

I can’t bring myself to vote for either of them.
blaze.s8n
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by blaze.s8n »

I'd have pards back, he can have another punch-up with Wenger. That was funny. :twisted:
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

Ozza wrote:
Taking the emotion aside for a second, I don’t think he has the tactical nous or the man management ability to make the right impact
Far too premature a judgement on what he can and can’t do. Don’t forget his time at Everton...and it was his fellow Scot Sir Alex who chose him for the Man U job; if his immediate successor hadn’t failed on a better budget too, you might have a point. If experience is something we’re all supposed to learn from, I’m sure Moyes has too and I expect to see him bring some of it to our club.

The reality is, our owners are going budget airlines to the end of the campaign.
Pob!
Has liked: 1079 likes
Total likes: 702 likes

Post by Pob! »

Out of them two Pards.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

That’s exactly the rub, however there is far to much noise about his tactics from players, far to much noise about the lack of enthusiasm from his players from fans and then of course there’s the actual results of his tenure as manager at clubs to ignore the noise.

As I’ve said before there a very large number of Everton fans delighted to see the back of him, add it all together it feels like a very bad decision and is far more comprehensive than saying he must be ok as he did well at Everton 4 jobs ago

And sir Alex chose him for the job, like that’s some sort of sacred tick, sir Alex made plenty of bad decisions in his time at MU, let’s look at the facts though please.
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

Hi UTJ....

Do you think you can get this poll result in some of the national newspapers tomorrow?

I think we need a concerted effort to show the nation & the media not only how clueless these imbeciles are but how strongly we all disagree with their choices?

Maybe combine with some poll results on the stadium and levels of satisfaction?

It’s not like you’ve asked us to compare Moyes vs Ancelotti or something like that, it’s atually an incredibly powerful result.
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

derek zoolander wrote:
It’s not like you’ve asked us to compare Moyes vs Ancelotti or something like that, it’s atually an incredibly powerful result.
You're right. It's incredible that so few people want him. I think it's too late to make a difference though.
wigwig

Post by wigwig »

They really couldn’t give two shits about us could they, treating us with absolute contempt. I’ve never been so against a managerial appointment before. Do they actually want us to be relegated?
Collison Theory
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Collison Theory »

I'm pretty stunned at that result. They both know their stuff, but Pardew is an absolute narcissist who destabilises everything. Moyes is very uninspiring, but I think this reaction is pretty over the top.
Westferry Iron

Post by Westferry Iron »

Moyes? God help us.

Graza

Post by Graza »

[
Collison Theory wrote:I'm pretty stunned at that result. They both know their stuff, but Pardew is an absolute narcissist who destabilises everything. Moyes is very uninspiring, but I think this reaction is pretty over the top.
To quote me:
Graza wrote: Don't see any vote for Pardew as a vote for Pardew. They are anti Moyes/anti board votes.

Moyes vs anyone else would go the same way at this point
Given how dreadful and defeatist Moyes was last year in this exact same league position he can be the right man. He just isn't.
Last edited by Graza on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Collison Theory
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Collison Theory »

Graza wrote: Given how dreadful and defeatist Moyes was last year in this exact same league position he can be the right man. He just isn't.
He's a miserable bugger, but it isn't really the same position. Sunderland had been a **** side for years that were looking pretty doomed, we've been crap this season but we've got a pretty strong squad.
Tross
The bard of East London
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Tross »

I thought Pardew was the best young English manager around when he joined us.

He worked hard and took what was in the main, a bunch of mediocre players and made them perform way above their and our wildest expectations.

Unfortunately for "Chocolate" as he became know on the training ground, it all went to his head and he began feeding his ego instead of building his career. I still maintain, he could of been our best ever manager had he been able to remain focused on his major purpose, which was managing West Ham United.

That ego, and the ramifications for members of his squad that it caused, not only damaged, but left behind a bad smell that I'd never want to see back at my club.

So despite Moyes failings, and him not being on my wish list, on character alone he's a shoe in if its a two horse race.

I can only conclude that the vast majority of you haven't done your homework on Pards last stint here, or are blinded by your anti-Moyes sentiment.

For Moyes, his next gig, wherever he was going to go, was always going to be career defining.

He will end up in the land of Curbishley if he fails spectacularly here and never work again. . . so he will be motivated.

He should've taken a break after Man Utd and not gone to Spain. . . and Sunderland has been a broken club since DiCanio was ousted (a lot of what the crazy Italian said and was mocked for by the media holding true in the fullness of time btw).

My biggest question is, has the game evolved past Moyes ability as a manager?

Time will tell.

Tross
8-)
Sawbo
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by Sawbo »

Pards
Although it's futile
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Collison Theory wrote:but we've got a pretty strong squad.
We really haven't...
Graza

Post by Graza »

Collison Theory wrote: He's a miserable bugger, but it isn't really the same position. Sunderland had been a **** side for years that were looking pretty doomed, we've been crap this season but we've got a pretty strong squad.
Our squad is better, but unfit and lacking in confidence. Even with the best manager in the world we'd probably be in line for a few solid pastings over the next few games. He has shown he doesn't have the character to come back from that.

Pardew has many flaws as a manager and a person but I believe that even under those circumstances he would keep fighting and trying to get the changing room up for it.
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

derek zoolander wrote:Hi UTJ....

Do you think you can get this poll result in some of the national newspapers tomorrow?

I think we need a concerted effort to show the nation & the media not only how clueless these imbeciles are but how strongly we all disagree with their choices?.
Could probably also get a quote from Sullivan saying that this shows that 95% of West Ham supporters are in favour of Moyes.