Manager - who else is out there

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Manager - who else is out there

Postby ictrucker on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:54 am

Well it seems the worst is about to happen but why do failed managers keep getting hired over and over again. The argument is hes a safe experienced hand but Moyes managerial career is in freefall. Surely there are better young managers out there with modern tactics and techniques.

If I asked who graham potter was I doubt many will know, Maybe a couple might remember he played for stoke amongst others but I doubt few know hes the only English manager still with a team in Europe. In 5 years hes taken Ostersund in Sweden from the third to the first division. Last year they won the cup and at the moment they lead their Europa league group. In qualifying they knocked out Galatasary and Poak. (As opposed to scraping past Domzale and losing to Astra). This has been achieved on a budget that would maybe cover chicos big toe. The joy is its modern dynamic football.
Potters just an example. Everything about Moyes is wrong wrong so very very depressingly wrong.
ictrucker

Re: Manager - who else is out there

Postby kayahammer on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:02 am

Anyone else in my opinion.

Of all the names we were teased with, we get Moyes.

It's like being hinted at you're going to get a skalextric for xmas, and when it comes to the day you find out it's just a couple of Corgi cars (ones that are old and past it)
kayahammer

Postby claretcloggy on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:05 am

tuchel, koeman, mancini..more names than our owners are willing to entertain
claretcloggy

Postby Colours never run on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:26 am

Realistically but not all necessarily easy to go for;

Eddie Howe - rival Club at the bottom, done an extremely good job there and proved his worth
Pardew - Alls been said already
Tuchel - Currently out of a job but proven track record
Jokanovic - Like how he operates
Di Canio - had 1 little blip at the start of the season with Sunderland but still believe he's a good manager and 1 that could fit very well with a Club like ours and is the type to get an instant positive reaction like wherever he's been
Hiddink - Seen it, done it and proven to be a steady hand, especially as interim

In chronological order and I would be happy with any of those under the dreadful circumstances right now. If I can come up with a realistic short list that wouldn't have the fans spitting feathers, then it shouldn't be so difficult for those in charge to draw up a similar one. David ****ing Moyes is scraping the barrel of desperation. If that's our only hope, then I was right to think we should have just stuck with Bilic like we did do last season and he was slowly but surely turning us round since Newcastle. Just a bit of luck and we could already be sitting around mid table. 11 games in (with first 3 games away) is nothing. Their ****ing arseholes went and did what seemed like the easy thing to do.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby thejackhammer on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:50 am

No particular name in mind, but our owners are so lacking in ambition and courage.
I would love for us to go for a young progressive coach like Rodgers, Wagner, Silva, etc

If Huddersfield can find Wagner, Wolves can find their guy, Hull found Silva, Southampton found Pochetinno, even the OP of this thread came up wth an exciting option. Yet our owners can’t see past the tried and tested.

Yes Bilic wasn’t their usual approach, but they used him because they needed a fan favourite to see over the move to the new stadium. Now it’s back to their same old same old approach.

Surely we’ve got the foresight to be scouring the continent for a manager akin to Pochetinno or Wagner or Silva who were all plucked from obscurity in terms of this country and came in and did a wonderful job.
thejackhammer

Postby Hayden on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:52 am

“I am surprised they haven’t linked themselves with Ancelotti because usually they have ideas of grandeur, West Ham, don’t they?” - Joseph Barton

Things are so bad that I actually agree with him.
Hayden

Postby Al Fisti on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:58 am

Thomas Tuchel would be a good sign.
Al Fisti

Postby Coops on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:59 am

Danny Cowley.
He is young, a Romford boy and he supports West Ham. We are going down anyway, we may as well have a young manager we can get behind and who gets us.
Coops

Postby Al Fisti on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:59 am

claretcloggy wrote:tuchel

:thup:
Al Fisti

Postby Chimera on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:02 am

I'm another that wants Tuchel... Unrealistic sadly
Chimera

Postby Coops on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:05 am

Chimera wrote:I'm another that wants Tuchel... Unrealistic sadly

Yes but it shouldn't be. We sold our home for the next level. The owners should pull their wallets out.
Coops

Postby Adam 'The Smudge' on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:05 am

Whoever comes in must realise they have a roadblock upstairs.
Only the gooduns will say no. The chaff will be attending interviews.
Adam 'The Smudge'

Postby WorcesterWHU on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:09 am

Moyes is indicative of one of two problems, both of which can co-exist.

One is a distinct lack of imagination, foresight and football knowledge. Moyes would have been a relatively next-level appointment following on from his tenure at Everton but now? I'm struggling to see the logic behind it even from a firefighting perspective, aside from ownership that is stuck somewhere in the 90s.

Second, as already suggested above, is that coaches and managers worth a damn look at the club, the reputation of the owners, the perceived toxicity from top to bottom and think "nah, I think I'm good". Leaving us with the dross.
WorcesterWHU

Postby ironilunga on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:10 am

Colours never run wrote:Di Canio - had 1 little blip at the start of the season with Sunderland but still believe he's a good manager and 1 that could fit very well with a Club like ours and is the type to get an instant positive reaction like wherever .

Whoever we get will need to be strong enough and clever enough to manage a group of players who know a good coach when they see one. Di Canio might make a few league 2 players weak at the knees but his antics would not wash with the likes of Hernandez, Fonte and Zabaletta who have been managed by legends of the game. They and others would eventually find dear old Paulo's behaviour ridiculous.
ironilunga

Postby mattyD on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:17 am

double post
Last edited by mattyD on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattyD

Postby mattyD on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:19 am

Weren't all those names people have mentioned - Tucuel, Mancini, Ancelotti, Warner - all approached and said no? Realistically people like Howe, Warner and Hughton are not going to leave their clubs to come to us..... not mid season, and if they've got a good thing going not at the end of the season. Why would they?
mattyD

Postby hxhammer on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:19 am

We can spout about who we'd prefer/want, but when you have clowns like we have, offering a poxy 6 month contract, then you are going to get exactly what we are getting, a manager that no other f*cker is interested in

I'm genuinely stunned at this almost certain appointment, i didn't think they could suprise me with their ignornace anymore, but they have
hxhammer

Postby Aceface on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:23 am

Lucien Favre is a realistic level of manager, and has improved several mid-level clubs like ours. And anyone working outside of the big two in Ligue 1 should be gettable on a financial level.

He's not British and out of work though so...you know.
Aceface

Postby Porkeyes on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:31 am

Cowley brothers from Lincoln. Likeable, cheap, West Ham. Will have the same chance as Moyes keeping us up.
Porkeyes

Postby hxhammer on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:49 am

Don't matter who else is out there now
hxhammer

Next

Return to General Discussion