Manager - who else is out there

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Manager - who else is out there

Postby danm79 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:43 am

Surprised Nolan hasn't been mentioned more, know a couple of Notts County fans and they are very impressed with him
danm79

Postby kitthehammer on Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:35 pm

So everton are considering four managers including sam & simeone.
kitthehammer

Postby Colours never run on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Should it all go completely bandy by the new year my one hope is that Pardew is still available and we go in for him. He's just about the only realistic option left out there who could galvanize most of the fanbase and instantly get players on board.

If ever there was an enthusiastic short term manager made for a situation like ours, it's him. I'm only astounded he isn't already appointed. But then again, I could imagine old pal to the Daves 'Honorary' life president Terence Brown in their ear telling them how he's not to be trusted.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Trevor Montana on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:18 am

Koeman - finished top 7 in the Prem every season and brought through youngsters.
Trevor Montana

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:40 am

Marcello Gallardo - River Plate but has done well wherever he's been .

Julian Nagelsmann [ watched Hoffenheim the other night and they were playing some lovely stuff ]

Nuno Espirito Santo - had a great reputation at Valencia getting them to a Champions League spot now at Wolves of all places .

Slavisa Jokanovic - Fulham Manager already linked to West Ham , could we be waiting until the end of this season before he signs ?

Andre Villas Boas - Former tottenham and Chelsea Manager currently plying his trade in China .

Brendan Rodgers - Will have learned from his time at Liverpool , now doing really well at Celtic without spending loads .

Lee Johnson - did well at Barnsley now doing well at Bristol City .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Colours never run on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:03 am

We were a week too early and should have waited for Michael Oneil.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby claretandblue82 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:59 pm

Why do people keep naming Brendan Rodgers? Oh he's doing well at Celtic! That's not a bloody surprised is it! It's the equivalent of having a lower half premier league team playing in league one/two and winning the Checkatrade Trophy on top. If he came back to the PL what would people expect. He would get a team middle table at best. No chance of him managing a top team again! I would prefer Moyes to stay than have that overrated prick!
claretandblue82

Postby hammernsickle on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Graham Potter.
hammernsickle

Postby bubbles500 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:24 pm

hammernsickle wrote:Graham Potter.

Would love to see this tbh.Would it be anymore of a gamble than moyes? I kind of hope moyes Just keeps us up.Not enough to get job full time but enough to stay up.Imo we need to gamble on a young relatively unknown.Pochettino and Marco silva have shown it’s possible if your brave to pluck a star from relative obscurity.AVB is another interesting one,it’s amazing he’s still only 40 and managed Chelsea and spurs. And didn’t do a bad job at either and was quite harshly sacked in both cases.I want someone young and hungry next,someone with the potential to stay 5-10 years and really build a solid base.Wouldnt have an issue with a gamble on Say a giggs or scholes either.
bubbles500

Previous

Return to General Discussion