Moyes appointed West Ham United manager

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Moyes appointed West Ham United manager

Postby brothernero on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:22 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:As I said in the match thread. THanks David for your effort, hard work and honesty but please find another job in the summer

:thup:

As mentioned above, he is a likeable version of Sam Allardyce.

In fact, Sam was more positive when it came to home games.
brothernero

Postby Swindon Iron on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:24 pm

Not looking forward to a couple of seasons of boring cowardly tactics, unfortunately I reckon the deal is already done judging by his pre season comments etc

Probably seen as the perfect manager for our owners
Swindon Iron

Postby e17 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:32 pm

Really hope he’s gone at the end of the season. No ambition and no drive.

The bloke is the absolute DREAM manager for our owners. Hernandez sat on the bench, cumbersome negative football that the premiership brigade will eventually accept as being enough, if it means visits from Man U & Arsenal rather than Millwall or Brentford. **** that.

Didn’t want him here, gave him a chance, beginning to absolutely despise the bloke on Allardyce levels.
e17

Postby Al Fisti on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:39 pm

Wilko1304 wrote:I won’t ever say he’s done a bad job, as we looked a dying mess at one point, but today confirms he is just too scared and stuck in his ways to be the progressive type this club needs.

As it has been for two seasons, we need something fresh and exciting to help every part of the club flourish. The players, the signings, the fans and even the stadium. Dave ain’t that. So whilst I’m not screaming f*** off, I’d just shake his hand and let him go on his way.

Absolutely. The steps West Ham has made recently (new stadium, signings,...) are the complete contrary to David Moyes` idea of playing football.

Hope, we will never see him again in Premier League when this season has finished - this guy is a relict of bygone decades, totally out of fashion!!

I hope someone in the board realizes that.
Al Fisti

Postby e17 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:41 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:As I said in the match thread. THanks David for your effort, hard work and honesty but please find another job in the summer

This is exactly it.

If they think 45 minutes against Chelsea and getting Arnie to play a bit is reason to give the fella the job then they will get what they deserve.

Andy Carroll getting 5 or 6 lumpen games before he gets injured, Moyes basing our entire game around that in a rush to get us to 37 points, defaulting on the cup for top flight safety, playing the tedious role of flat track bullies and crumbling to the top 6 before a ball is kicked.

Good luck to the bloke. He’s put himself in the shop window and will do great at some random Stoke or Palace style merry go round club
e17

Postby warp on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:48 pm

in ****ing greenland possibly. i bet it looks more lively than his teams.
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby bubbles1966 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Why bang on about Moyes?

We've had 'progressive' (has there ever been a more utterly misused word?) coaches like zola and bilic with these owners? How did they go in the end?

It starts and ends with Fagin and Scrooge. The manager is just a distraction.
bubbles1966

Postby simonirons on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Said to my mate who’s a Manc, watch the first thing he says “I think we played really well” - low and behold, first thing he said.

My mate said he doesn’t miss that one liner after getting dumped out of every competition. - nor will I. - cheers for your efforts Dave, good luck and all that.
simonirons

Postby warp on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:51 pm

bubbles1966 wrote:Why bang on about Moyes?

We've had 'progressive' (has there ever been a more utterly misused word?) coaches like zola and bilic with these owners? How did they go in the end?

i agree with the sentiment, but moyes has been ***** since the beginning!
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby e17 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:51 pm

All true Bubs, but the fella is a gateway drug to their horrible dose of heroin

He’s an enabler for 2 seasons of this
e17

Postby bubbles1966 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:53 pm

e17 wrote:All true Bubs, but the fella is a gateway drug to their horrible dose of heroin

He’s an enabler for 2 seasons of this

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference whilst these owners are here.

Everything needs to be directed at them. Everything.
bubbles1966

Postby prophet:marginal on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:54 pm

bubbles1966 wrote:

[\forum]
prophet:marginal

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:56 pm

The only label that can be given to Zola as a manager is absolutely inept!

I am still waiting in hope that one day the owners will make a really decent managerial appointment. I fully expect I will be waiting a long time
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby Swindon Iron on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:58 pm

I think Bilic would have had us on more points by now I really do. Over the course of a full season i think he would have got us playing and would have been a few points better off.
Swindon Iron

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:59 pm

bubbles1966 wrote:
It doesn't make a blind bit of difference whilst these owners are here.

Everything needs to be directed at them. Everything.

So will there be demos at all the last home games does anyone think

Should be I’m hoping
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Wilko1304 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:02 pm

Because we can do more on the pitch even with those two, whilst we don’t look even nearly like getting rid of them, yet could do so for Moyes with no payoff (which means very easily). Moreover, why criticise players, go to games, come on a West Ham forum if nothing is worth discussing cos your answer is “the owners”? I don’t like em either but come on.

And by the manner of definition, I think Moyes isn’t progressive and other managers are. I wanted to check and the definition works. Moyes basically isn’t active in pushing things on and making positive changes, more likely to accept not going anywhere because least it’s not going backwards.
Last edited by Wilko1304 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wilko1304

Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"

Postby Hammer in Hornchurch on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:04 pm

If we want to see more attacking attractive football, then we need the owners to stump up the cash and buy good defenders and agile smart thinking midfielders, not bring in loanees or veterans. It ain’t going to happen.
Moyes is working with the massive limitations of the squad and is doing an ok job, he has to set up defensively as what is available is not great
Bilic did a worse job with this group of players. Only different regular starter now is Mario.
The owners are the problem at the club, until that changes we are stuck with the Moyes, Pardews, Strachans of this world
Hammer in Hornchurch

Postby Wilko1304 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:11 pm

I am intrigued to see if Moyes starts Carroll with Arnie before season’s end. It would show that Hernandez really just isn’t his type of player, rather than not fitting current system
Wilko1304

Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"

Postby MD_HM on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:12 pm

Moyes got the point he wanted... job done
MD_HM

Postby MB on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 pm

Swindon Iron wrote:I think Bilic would have had us on more points by now I really do. Over the course of a full season i think he would have got us playing and would have been a few points better off.

We were scoring less and conceding two goals a game and it was getting worse not better. A late burst glossed over a lot of cracks the previous season and there was no signs of that happening again.

As Bubs has said, it won't improve under these owners. A more attacking manager will see us embarrassed and relegated as they won't give him the tools. They will then appoint another Sam to get us back up and the whole cycle will start again.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion