Moyes appointed West Ham United manager

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: David Moyes appointed West Ham United manager

Postby mumbles87 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Next 4 games are key

All winnable. Palace the hardest of the lot

We owe Bournemouth , Brighton and Watford

I’d take 7 points from those 4 games

However we looking safer by the day

25 points

What does he have to do to be accepted? Get 40 points on his own without bilics pathetic 9 points. Wouldn’t surprise me if he did....
mumbles87

Postby Believer on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:58 pm

mumbles87 wrote:Next 4 games are key

I’d take 7 points from those 4 games

However we looking safer by the day

25 points

What does he have to do to be accepted? Get 40 points on his own without bilics pathetic 9 points. Wouldn’t surprise me if he did....

Had those cheatin gits at Bournemouth not got away with mugging us the other week, we’d be sitting 9th !

Too right we owe them. Not to mention Palace getting their 9th minute of extra time equaliser....

Win all of the games above and I’d say we are safe barring a few draws. Not saying I don’t want us to kick on but that really is incredible considering the squad imbalance and the injuries we have had
Believer

Postby stu1 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:03 pm

A decent stat for those forgetting what Moyes has achieved in the past:

Today Moyes completed a double century of wins in the English top flight, with only Harry Redknapp, Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson having achieved more.
stu1

Postby chalks on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:03 pm

Still some slag the bloke off :lol:

I didn’t want him, not many did, but Jesus h Christ he has worked wonders since he’s been here. Credit where credits due. He will be well worthy if a long term contract if he keeps us up, as will all his coaching staff
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Postby Jumby on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:06 pm

We'll be safe by the end of March.
Jumby

Postby smuts on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:08 pm

Bloke is doing a proper solid job. Hopefully he'll be given some cash to strengthen.
smuts

Postby Adam 'The Smudge' on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:09 pm

chalks wrote:Still some slag the bloke off :lol:

I didn’t want him, not many did, but Jesus h Christ he has worked wonders since he’s been here. Credit where credits due. He will be well worthy if a long term contract if he keeps us up, as will all his coaching staff

Goes without saying. :thup:
I expect he keeps his distance from his players as all good managers should. There should be no sentiment involved. Allows him to make big decisions.
Adam 'The Smudge'

Postby sussexhammer74 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:09 pm

How many of us can say the same thing? I know I can.

Didn't want him. Mates laughing as we appointed Moyes but by jove, I am happy to eat humble pie.
sussexhammer74

Postby mumbles87 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:09 pm

Give him a 4 year contract

He doesn’t need a massive war chest as he can work with average funds.. he’s proven that before

Just back him and trust him

I believe he will turn us into a top half club.. and slowly into a top 8 club challenging for Top 6
mumbles87

Postby Jumby on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Call me a knee jerker but I agree with all of the above, bang on the money.
Jumby

Postby Ding on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:20 pm

Too many are confusing likeability with being good. Name me a successful manager (in any business) who is a “nice guy” and I’ll give you an exception to the rule. Footballers are a thick bunch by and large and they will take a piss if they can get away with it. Thus Bilic played the “best friend” card naively and got screwed by his own players in the end. Moyes’ lack of cosy mate-hood is precisely the basis of our turnaround. He can be an arse, plays tough, projects authority and bullies his players the same way Fergie, Mourinho, Guardiola, Conte etc do. I find it incomprehensible that some people want a top class manager yet say they can’t take to an arrogant or an unlikeable one. This ain’t the under-11s.

We were a shambles for a large part (and certainly towards the end ) of Bilic’s time here. Moyes has done an incredible job so far with the same squad. A huge part of that is precisely because he doesn’t do his job as though he is trying to win a popularity contest. I like that about him.

Well done David.
Ding

Postby Jumby on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:26 pm

Look at the four above us, all erratic as f**k, they've all probably had their purple patch, they're showing signs of complacency or just being found out, seventh isn't beyond us.
Jumby

Postby eastsider on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Working out fantastic.
Doing a great job, well done David Moyes!!!!!! :crest:
eastsider

Postby Mad Professor on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:33 pm

Spot on Chalks! Clearly SAF saw something positive in him!
Mad Professor

Postby Bend it like Repka on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:35 pm

mumbles87 wrote:Next 4 games are key

Agreed. This is the decisive moment in our season. A decent haul and we can really start thinking beyond safety.

As an interesting question, as someone who was rejected by 93% of KUMB fans (myself included) if he continues to move us up the table, do we think we will ever hear David Moyes claret and blue army?

Can the unthinkable happen?
Bend it like Repka

Postby [HH] on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:35 pm

Only 3 teams have scored more points than West Ham in the past 8 league games. Moyes has been in charge for 12. We're covering way more ground too and are sharper, and now find ourselves 11th, amazingly. Most accepted we would be bottom at Christmas.

Genuinely can't believe people think we're not fitter and there hasn't been an improvement. 4 away to Huddersfield, 3 away at Stoke & Bournemouth yet we're apparently negative & boring. :lol: Doing well at choosing his battles.
[HH]
In the closet

Postby westlondonhammer on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:37 pm

Spot on

I wouldn't play down the impact of his coaching staff either...something he wasn't afforded at Sunderland

The best manager surround themselves with a good team...he has bought in guys with plenty of experience

Its looking more and more that we have the everton moyes back
westlondonhammer

Postby Modern on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:38 pm

If he's not a very good manager he does a good impression of one.
Modern

Postby hammer1975 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Chalks :thup:
hammer1975

Postby whizzer on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:39 pm

"Moyes, next level" really!!! :lol:

He is just Sam (tactically) with Marty Feldman eyes and there were an awful lot on here that didn't want Sam here.
Sam has moved on to a bigger club with a proper board and bigger resources, he has left us behind - Good luck to him.

Under this lot we will always be a mediocre team with no ambition, I personally don't get the sudden "love in" based on the fact that we have played well enough to probably finish 14th\15th.
COYI.
whizzer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion