David Moyes appointed West Ham United manager

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: David Moyes appointed West Ham United manager

Postby MD_HM on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:14 am

Apologies thought it was spread via their Twitter people last night
MD_HM

Postby steps on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:19 am

I see Moyes is already putting a positive slant on things like he did st Sunderland:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/11/13/da ... cule-from/
steps

Postby fmgod on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:26 am

What the bleeding hell is HITC. The website looks like it was designed in word press. Looks like a bunch of random fans writing articles, about as reliable as a chocolate teapot. Absolute tosh of rubbish on that site, just seen an article saying we should sign Musa ffs
fmgod

Postby steps on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:39 am

fmgod wrote:What the bleeding hell is HITC. The website looks like it was designed in word press. Looks like a bunch of random fans writing articles, about as reliable as a chocolate teapot. Absolute tosh of rubbish on that site, just seen an article saying we should sign Musa ffs

Those articles are mainly generated by social media feedback.

You can’t ignore the actual quote though. I guess he wasnt trying to be negative but just couldn’t help himself.
steps

Postby Scratchy on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:48 am

Colours never run wrote:Coincidence, or something that happens when you're suddenly asked to train with the seniors doing double sessions? Get well soon, son.

CNR you're coming across as ridiculous now. If you co-opt every fact into your narrative people will stop listening.

You don't want Moyes. Neither do I. If Moyes doesn't improve us I will be the first to criticise him. But until that point he deserves a chance, and from the little I've seen he's done all the right things so far.
Scratchy

Postby Colours never run on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:21 pm

Scratchy

So we'll just put it down to a coincidence then? Thing is, where I'm struggling with it is so much has been banged on about how piss poor the training and intensity has been under Bilic, I just find things like that of interest as there might be good reason at times why they're not always so rigourous. Things like injuries which have dogged us down the years and makes me wonder whether a manager could be doing something right to protect his squad.

So if Bilic was to be dug out so easily by the Club and others that have happily done so, then I think it's reasonable to also question methods when players now require at least 3 months our requiring surgery to a hamstring. Especially for one so young and a player who looks the part for his age group. It also shows that some young lads who are still developing physically may not yet be quite up to double sessions overnight so how wise that is to chuck them straight into it, is debatable.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Patito on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:57 pm

CNR - injury was done before these 'double-sessions' etc.
Patito

Location: "With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world."

Postby Scratchy on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Ok so now we know the injury was sustained before Moyes arrived will you admit your whole argument is void?

There have been comments from so many people about the lack of intensity under Bilic, even Bilic himself admitting as much. And it was reflected in the lack of ground covered come match day. If you really are going to bash Moyes for raising training intensity then you’re just finding any stick possible to beat him with.
Scratchy

Postby tizzwoz on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:58 pm

CNR....
1. The injury was done before training became more intense.
2. You're suggesting Bilic "protected" players by having less intense training?.... Have you seen our injury list over the past 2 years?
3. Intense training doesn't equal injury. Poor training methods and lack of conditioning does. I've posted this link before, but its an article about Leicesters training methods when Ranieri was boss. The year they won the title, with the fewest amount of injuries. Its well worth a read.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36189778
tizzwoz

Postby Colours never run on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:05 pm

Did he get injured whilst training under Moyes or Bilic, as it's only just come about?

Yes, which is probably why there was even more reason to not go overboard with too much work where players are more likely to break down.

It can but it depends on how it's managed correctly.

I've listened to many experts on here pinning most of our woes on Bilics training and so I'm now going to scrutinise the new managers methods just as Bilics was. We can't run the rule over 1 manager but not another and I'll be interested to see how training now effects the team/results/performance.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby QuintonNimoy on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:11 pm

fmgod wrote:What the bleeding hell is HITC. The website looks like it was designed in word press. Looks like a bunch of random fans writing articles, about as reliable as a chocolate teapot. Absolute tosh of rubbish on that site, just seen an article saying we should sign Musa ffs

If you want the source article it's here, by a slightly more professional outfit

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... e-west-ham

Relevant quote in the last line of the report.
QuintonNimoy

Postby Simply Moore on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:13 pm

tizzwoz wrote:CNR....
1. The injury was done before training became more intense.
2. You're suggesting Bilic "protected" players by having less intense training?.... Have you seen our injury list over the past 2 years?
3. Intense training doesn't equal injury. Poor training methods and lack of conditioning does. I've posted this link before, but its an article about Leicesters training methods when Ranieri was boss. The year they won the title, with the fewest amount of injuries. Its well worth a read.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36189778" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting article, thanks for posting tizzwoz.
Simply Moore

Postby Devs Hampton on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:17 pm

To be fair, he really has only 6 months to prove himself and ensure the release clause on his contract is not triggered so direct and no faffing about is perfectly understandable. He just didn't need to get that message out really and certainly not in the tone he has.
Devs Hampton

Postby Simply Moore on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:19 pm

QuintonNimoy wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... e-west-ham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Relevant quote in the last line of the report.

By no means am I defending Moyes but that to me reads that he believes this is the way to get the job done and if those methods aren't successful he will obviously be on his bike, as in, his contract not renewed/extended. I don't see it as a negative personally, just stating a fact.
Last edited by Simply Moore on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simply Moore

Postby jacko on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:21 pm

I have no problem with the way he's presented himself since he took over. However, I am a bit sick of the overly positive spin the club have put on things since he took over. THe youth player thing a classic example. I wrote a while ago that there's no way any manager is going to start blooding kids in a relegation fight.

However, all the talk means absolutely nothing...as the cliche goes, it's a results business, and all that matters are the next few games.
jacko

Postby QuintonNimoy on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:22 pm

tizzwoz wrote:I've posted this link before, but its an article about Leicesters training methods when Ranieri was boss. The year they won the title, with the fewest amount of injuries. Its well worth a read.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36189778" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Funny, no mention of Dr Bonar. Or maybe that's what they meant by beetroot shots
QuintonNimoy

Postby Simply Moore on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:24 pm

jacko wrote:I have no problem with the way he's presented himself since he took over. However, I am a bit sick of the overly positive spin the club have put on things since he took over. THe youth player thing a classic example. I wrote a while ago that there's no way any manager is going to start blooding kids in a relegation fight.

However, all the talk means absolutely nothing...as the cliche goes, it's a results business, and all that matters are the next few games.

It's amateurishly obvious what they are doing, they think all fans are thick and don't see through it!

I really liked Bilic but like most felt it was the right time to part ways but the club using him to push their pro Moyes agenda is extremely distasteful to say the least.
Simply Moore

Postby Patito on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Colours never run wrote:Did he get injured whilst training under Moyes or Bilic, as it's only just come about?

Again, before Moyes. Don't know if it was under Bilic or after he'd left.
Patito

Location: "With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world."

Postby somerset-hammer on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:31 pm

Simply Moore wrote:
I really liked Bilic but like most felt it was the right time to part ways but the club using him to push their pro Moyes agenda is extremely distasteful to say the least.

It's so blatant as well, very poor.

What happens if we put in a typically poor West Ham performance vs Watford? Will that be Slavs Fault? if the players look unfit still, if the players look uninterested?

How will the club manage spin that?
somerset-hammer

Postby Centre Half on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:40 pm

somerset-hammer wrote:
How will the club manage spin that?

Goebbles in the press office sure will find a way
Centre Half

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion