Moyes appointed West Ham United manager

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Moyes appointed West Ham United manager

Postby ludo22 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:19 am

I am pretty ambivalent about DM but I do think that he has been told that survival is the only priority and therefore he sets up not to lose.I don't actually think that,normally,Moyes is this defensive/cautious but a point at the bottom is important this year and if we can stay up with draws,he will try and make it happen.As for the future,no point having a new manager under these owners because it's like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.Moyes is as good as we can expect.
ludo22

Postby Colours never run on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:24 am

ludo22 wrote:no point having a new manager under these owners because it's like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.Moyes is as good as we can expect.

I've lost count the amount of times I've heard this, so why get him in, in the first place? If people have genuinely accepted this situation then there was no need to make the change if this is as good as it gets.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby ludo22 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:28 am

Colours never run wrote:
I've lost count the amount of times I've heard this, so why get him in, in the first place? If people have genuinely accepted this situation then there was no need to make the change if this is as good as it gets.

Because we were going down with Bilic.Now we have a reasonable chance of staying up.I also think that Moyes might be slightly better in the new season when the looming shadow of relegation isn't quite so large(at least until Xmas).
ludo22

Re: David Moyes appointed West Ham United manager

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:13 pm

libero wrote:
That's what we thought in San Sebastian for his horrific year with Real Sociedad. Forums here back then were buzzing with comments saying basically that they'd rather the club went down than continue with the woeful Moyes' brand of "football"

That said, and despite him being the very antithesis of everything that makes football my passion, I'll back him to the hilt till May coz I don't want us relegated, and then campaign for him to be sacked, whatever happens - because with a dinosaur like him at the helm we're not going anywhere

This is the kind of thing I mentioned.....
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Previous

Return to General Discussion