The Back Room Boys

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: The Back Room Boys

Postby hadleighhammer on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:19 pm

You are now comparing a 4th Official ready to step in, to an Assistant Manager ready to step in. And youre asking me if Im for real? ****ing hell.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Postby Canadianhammer on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:44 pm

fmgod wrote:Is Gary Lewin still employed? To be honest I'm glad the 70 year old fitness coach and useless Julian Dicks are gone.

Ditto!
Canadianhammer

Postby Canadianhammer on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:51 pm

Benny the Ball wrote:It feels to me good appointments for guys that have failed as Managers but impressed as coaches. What I cant get my head around is who is the no2 and what are roles of the 4 (other than Woods which is obvious). It seems top heavy and who does what? youre on bibs, you do cones, pyscho you make sure the balls are pumped up.

BtB

:lol:
Canadianhammer

Postby Bribo on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:24 am

Always remember this story about Stuart Pearce when he was caretaker manager of Forest.

“He admitted in an interview with Match of the Day that, in his first attempt at picking a starting XI, he did not realise until it was pointed out to him by his wife that he had omitted goalkeeper Mark Crossley.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Pearce In the club career section. Not sure about his coaching or managerial credentials but fair play to his honesty! I remember seeing the interview because he was well chuffed with the team until he showed his wife! :lol:
Bribo

Postby Goldie on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:48 am

Managed to grab a quick word with Pearce this evening in the FA lounge . My comment went along the lines of knocking the back four into shape and them not shirking a pass .his response was short and concise. There’ll Be no shirking and slacking, not on my f’ing watch. A shake of the hand and off he went . Had the look of a man ready to get stuck into the opportunity presented to him.
Goldie

Postby miles on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:36 am

This is a bloke who wanted to carry on playing with a broken leg. Have all the time in the world for him.
miles
This site...

Postby ironilunga on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:41 am

I dont care who they are,
Where they're from,
What they did,
As long as they love me
ironilunga

Postby Westbourne Bill on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:29 am

Given the main requirement from our left backs will no doubt be to stop crosses coming in rather than pressing forward, it will be interesting to see who grabs that spot. If anyone knows anything about that position, it's Stuart Pearce. I've an idea he won't really rate either.
Westbourne Bill

Postby Mayday on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:33 am

Everton have always had good full backs under Moyes.
Moyes and Pearce could be the making of Cresswell and Byram.
Mayday

Postby Doc H Ball on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:53 am

Don't type the thread title into a work computer with the secure settings off.
Doc H Ball

Postby Centre Half on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:04 am

Mayday wrote:Everton have always had good full backs under Moyes.
Moyes and Pearce could be the making of Cresswell and Byram.

Bilic going could be the best thing that ever happened to Byram

I really like Sam, know he is injured at the moment but hope he gets a prolonged run of games to show us all what he can do
Centre Half

Postby Simply Moore on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:14 am

Doc H Ball wrote:Don't type the thread title into a work computer with the secure settings off.

Simply Moore

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:39 am

umweb wrote:i'm not sure what's wrong with appointing someone to appease the fans.
i've always got time for psycho.
consider me appeased.

im here for you man
psychoscoredthelot

Postby Carlton'sGoal on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:05 pm

All reputable coaches, and that's what they've been employed for. I'm not exactly jumping around with excitement, but to level criticism at them for managerial failings is harsh. Being managerial material takes a special type of person, how many excellent footballers who were captains of there clubs and seen as role models in the dressing room absolutely bomb in management.

Hopefully they can make us a bit more solid and we'll go from there, unfortunately at the moment steadying the ship is the situation we are in.

Doc H Ball wrote:Don't type the thread title into a work computer with the secure settings off.

Carlton'sGoal

Postby Brendan on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:13 pm

In my limited experience, just retired at 59, there are coaches/trainers who do not know how to manage and I have had good managers who would not have a clue as to how to take a training session.

Moyes has been a good manager but the sunderland job has not done his CV any good but at least over time at Everton he always seemed to have an organised team.

If he can get his ideas into the coaches mind and they can communicate these ideas to the players then that is where I see the balance.

We must give them a chance, get behind them and offer as much support as possible.

By the way Moyes would not have been my choice but he is here now and I hope he is a success
Brendan

Postby ludo22 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:42 pm

Dress it up any way you like,but if you had 11 players with Pearce's attitude on the pitch,you'd probably win the league.I'd rather have him in my tent pissing out.
ludo22

Postby BostonHammer on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:08 pm

simon hammer wrote:Yawn...here we go again with the trolling :thdn:

He's not trolling he is stating a fact they did indeed all have shitty records at their most recent place of employment. 99% of bubbles500's posts have a negative twist even when he is joking around, either ignore his posts or respond realizing his temperament doesn't make him a troll per say.
BostonHammer

Postby Iron-worx on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:46 pm

hadleighhammer wrote:You are now comparing a 4th Official ready to step in, to an Assistant Manager ready to step in. And youre asking me if Im for real? ****ing hell.

Yes, absolutely, morning noon and night and twice at weekends...

I'm comparing absolutely anybody who is at hand in house and who can step in immediately as opposed to have to be recruited involving some delay...

Assistant manager...
Fourth official...
It really doesn't matter who they are or what they do, it's the idea of them being already there so able to take over the instant that something goes wrong that I'm talking about.

Nothing more esoterically challenging.
Iron-worx

Postby alank2006 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:59 pm

I've heard that Alan Irvine is meant to be one of the best in the business. The main reason he failed at WBA was due to being too much 'one of the lads' and why he's back coaching.
alank2006

Postby bubbles500 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:26 pm

I’m the victor meldrew of KUMB.Would be boring if we were all happy clappers.
bubbles500

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion