Real West Ham Fans Action Group

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Real West Ham Fans Action Group

Postby Hugh Jargon II on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:00 am

Club appears to want a viewpoint from us on how to dig us out of this mess. Invited in Andy Swallow and Bill. Would like to be a fly on the wall for that one. Pardon?
Hugh Jargon II

Re: West Ham invite. (Former ICF chaps)

Postby Simply Moore on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:10 am

Don’t know what to make of this. On one hand again, sounds super amateurish but on the other, fair play they’re potentially showing willing to listen.

I guess the easy part is listening, the harder part is taking the appropriate action post listening.

A cynic might suggest this is just another publicity stunt in order to try to get the fans onside/to shut up
Simply Moore

Postby Westbourne Bill on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:13 am

Bizarre.
Westbourne Bill

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:14 am

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Club appears to want a viewpoint from us on how to dig us out of this mess. Invited in Andy Swallow and Bill. Would like to be a fly on the wall for that one. Pardon?

Oh how times change. The irony!
LincolnshireHammer

Postby OFT on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:20 am

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Club appears to want a viewpoint from us on how to dig us out of this mess. Invited in Andy Swallow and Bill. Would like to be a fly on the wall for that one. Pardon?

Indeed!

Strangely, the 3 responses so far from Simply Moore, Westbourne Bill and Lincolnshire Hammer are all things that I thought when I first saw this.
OFT

Postby e10hammer on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:21 am

No disrespect to Bill or Andy, but would like to have seen the club invite Pinky, Brownout and Pop round as well for Tea and biscuits, these posters have been making valid and constructive points regarding the club and stadium for years.
e10hammer

Postby LOS on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:27 am

If you read the Andy Swallow posts doing the rounds yesterday, he firmly states that under no circumstances will he or any of his ilk will be backing the board, unless its something for the all round benefit of the club. He says its been his life, and means far to much to him.

He prefers it that the fans have their input, and not an agenda / forum on the clubs terms as prior.

To point above mentioning inviting perhaps more 'savvy' supporters along to this small meeting. Well that is exactly what Andy is asking for. Kudos.

The board are on the ropes. Lets keep punching. :crest:
LOS

Postby steps on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:27 am

Simply Moore wrote:A cynic might suggest this is just another publicity stunt in order to try to get the fans onside/to shut up

Exactly what it is, I’d say.

Didn’t they do something like this before? Invite a few select fans in for a discussion then never followed through on anything which was dicussed.
steps

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:39 am

Simply Moore wrote:A cynic might suggest this is just another publicity stunt in order to try to get the fans onside/to shut up

Yes - would like to see evidence of this meeting taking place.
LincolnshireHammer

Postby hadleighhammer on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:41 am

Of course it is. They say what we want to hear then not act on it unless it is in their interest aswell (full away allocations for example).
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Postby taffhammer on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:54 am

Much as its good they are engaging with the support why wouldn't they ask an already established independant supporters group in for a chat first or at the same time ?
Seems very strange to me.
taffhammer

Postby Happyhammer52 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:55 am

As others have said, why not invite WHUISA to get a broad view of opinion? These guys have facts and figures that could be put across.

Also where does it say he will be meeting directly with the board, as far as I can see it, it is just Ben Illingworth they will be speaking with.
Happyhammer52

Postby sharphammer on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:57 am

I wouldn't give the board the time of day.

Tell them to stick their meeting up their arse

**** 'em
sharphammer

Postby OFT on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:01 am

sharphammer wrote:I wouldn't give the board the time of day.

Tell them to stick their meeting up their arse

**** 'em

From Boleyn Ground to Olympic Park
Stick yer' meeting up yer arse

Sorry
OFT

Postby Overchuffed on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:05 am

Seems like another publicity stunt to me.
Overchuffed

Postby LOS on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:06 am

taffhammer wrote: why wouldn't they ask an already established independant supporters group in for a chat

My two penneth is that they view us as a bunch of sheep (but recognise they absolutely do need to keep us onside). Any form of verbal or visual protest has typically sparked from within the away support. Theres more comraderie there. And probably believe that away support is regimented in heirarchy. Therefore want to appear to get the top dogs in face to face. Not a representative of a group of bods sitting behind their keyboards.

......... :lol: I'm probably miles out, but dealing with those top 'faces' and we're more likely be influenced / listen to our own who have built up a fan base respect over the years.
LOS

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:23 am

LOS wrote:......... :lol: I'm probably miles out, but dealing with those top 'faces' and we're more likely be influenced / listen to our own who have built up a fan base respect over the years.

How's that gonna work? Cash bribes to the big boys to keep everyone else onside?
DasNutNock

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:23 am

Big Dave Sullivan is drawn to hard men .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Porkeyes on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:30 am

They've had every chance in the world to talk and listen to us. Even way before the move and they chose not to one bit.

No more chances , **** off out of our club you *****.
Porkeyes

Postby LOS on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:31 am

LOS wrote:......... :lol: I'm probably miles out, but dealing with those top 'faces' and we're more likely be influenced / listen to our own who have built up a fan base respect over the years.

DasNutNock wrote: How's that gonna work? Cash bribes to the big boys to keep everyone else onside?

No idea as I am just a bod. But its reassuring that Andy Swallow claims they will not be backing the board. Be interesting how this pans out.
LOS

Next

Return to General Discussion