Real West Ham Fans (Action Group)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re:  Real West Ham Fans Action Group

Postby johnnyb on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:41 pm

GreenStHammer wrote:Will we be allowed to get boozed on the march, do you reckon ?

I'm thinking about swerving my usual pre match pints in the pub , but just bringing a few on the march with me.

Isn't it illegal to drink alcohol in public places anyway?
johnnyb

Postby GreenStHammer on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:43 pm

Rio wrote:
No.

Plenty of time to have a drink once it's finished.

Alcohol free stops people leaving the march, acting like idiots and generally not abiding by it's true intentions.

If you can't go a couple of hours in public company without a beer then you should be marching for AA, not action

Cheers fellas, I'll just have to pre drink before the march then it looks like. Means I'll have to start at like 8am but no bother. I wouldn't want any photos of the march to look bad
GreenStHammer

Postby Rio on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:48 pm

GreenStHammer wrote:Cheers fellas, I'll just have to pre drink before the march then it looks like. Means I'll have to start at like 8am but no bother. I wouldn't want any photos of the march to look bad

Nice one :thup:
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby StiffUpper on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:16 pm

I'm pretty sure that Stratford park, aka West Ham Recreation Ground must be the site once known as Dunottar Park, which was the first home of our forerunner Castle Swifts.

A most appropriate start point if that's right.
StiffUpper

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:20 pm

GreenStHammer wrote:Will we be allowed to get boozed on the march, do you reckon ?

I'm thinking about swerving my usual pre match pints in the pub , but just bringing a few on the march with me.

sends the wrong message mate - the march will only take 30-45 mins i reckon
psychoscoredthelot

Postby Wembley1966 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Whilst the walk may be about 30 minutes, I reckon it's going to take much longer than that for those at the back to arrive. Then there's some speeches.

Will the Boleyn stewards borrow the Stop/Go boards to stop the traffic along Stratford High Street?
Wembley1966

Postby Danny's Dyer Acting on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:30 pm

StiffUpper wrote:I'm pretty sure that Stratford park, aka West Ham Recreation Ground must be the site once known as Dunottar Park, which was the first home of our forerunner Castle Swifts.

Must be some local history buffs around that can confirm/disprove that? Adds a nice touch of history the plan and (cynically) gives a little angle to add in to the media coverage.

While I'm coming up with solid gold AAA+ rated ideas, I'm sure there's a way to incorporate our beloved STOP/GO signs and GSB.
Danny's Dyer Acting

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Wembley1966 wrote:Whilst the walk may be about 30 minutes, I reckon it's going to take much longer than that for those at the back to arrive. Then there's some speeches.

Will the Boleyn stewards borrow the Stop/Go boards to stop the traffic along Stratford High Street?

yeah actually you're right it will take twice as long as 30 mins so 45 to 60
psychoscoredthelot

Postby Puff Daddy on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Judging by his pathetic tweets in defence of his actions, I think Gold is clearly rocked by this
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby Samba on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:Judging by his pathetic tweets in defence of his actions, I think Gold is clearly rocked by this

You're not wrong Puff. In fact it must be an absolute arse-ache for the lot of 'em, which is entirely the point of it. Our actions are saying a lot more than our words ever could & our words are pretty good.
Wonderings:
1) There are two 'road crossings'; West Ham Lane & Stratford High Street. I hope at both, the march isn't segmented too much by the obvious need to not hold traffic up.
2) I trust that there won't be any 'kettling' going on at any point, by plod.
3) I hope the rear of the march will be allowed to 'catch up' to hear all of the speeches.

StiffUpper wrote:I'm pretty sure that Stratford park, aka West Ham Recreation Ground must be the site once known as Dunottar Park, which was the first home of our forerunner Castle Swifts.

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote:Must be some local history buffs around that can confirm/disprove that? Adds a nice touch of history the plan and (cynically) gives a little angle to add in to the media coverage.
While I'm coming up with solid gold AAA+ rated ideas, I'm sure there's a way to incorporate our beloved STOP/GO signs and GSB.

Well done, SU & DDA. Stratford Park was indeed the first 'ground' for Castle Swifts.
And can you imagine the STOP GSB & GSB GO, boards? Well done DDA!
Samba

Postby Up the Junction on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:15 pm

Published this afternoon.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby West Ham Matt on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:31 pm

There is no chance a March for us lot will not involve booze.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington

Postby Puff Daddy on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:54 pm

Cheers UTJ Excellent stuff and some wonderful footage from real West Ham fans. Salt of the earth guys
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby scottyboy71 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:59 pm

[quote="the pink palermo"

No!

No to misogyny , no to sexist comments .

We're better than that.[/quote]

Wholeheartedly agree with this. It won’t take much for people to revert to the “West Ham fans are animals” stereotype
scottyboy71

Postby Chimera on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Watched the whole thing... its actually so sad whats happened...

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for this board
Chimera

Postby flysohigh on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Great video I was just about to post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1tox8E ... outu.be&a=
flysohigh

Postby Ifebbubbles on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Impossible to watch that video without feeling sad at the footage of the old ground. Made my stomach turn.
Ifebbubbles

Postby Alan Pardew's Dad on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:05 pm

Just watched the whole thing. Brought a lump to my throat at times.

Top job by all involved :crest:
Last edited by Alan Pardew's Dad on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Pardew's Dad

Postby sicknote on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Thank you for sharing the video

I want to say I enjoyed it, but it just isn’t the right word, it resonated with me so much and it’s bloody heartbreaking it’s come to this, the loudest message in all that is family and community, that’s what we are and we’re, we are clinging onto the family and are seeing the community torn apart, it feels so detached from all we cherished about our club our fellow fans and our area

I’m proud of where we came from and always will be, I will never have that airbrushed out of my memory or told it was a ****hole or a dump, it was our home and it served us well and gave us our identity and pride, not of the teams we watched , but of everything about our matchday our cathedral for football and our family who congregated as one for us regardless wheee we were or how we played it was about us the fans and our pride :crest:
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Postby Frustrated Hammer on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:20 pm

What a great video, it genuinely had me fighting back the tears. They have killed our club.....and they hit the nail on the head, we all fell for the lies of a grea5 new stadium with seats close to the pitch. A world class team and so many other shiny things whilst looking after all of our traditions etc. They have ripped us apart, they are do8ng so with a smile and making millions and millions whilst doing it!
Frustrated Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion