Real West Ham Fans Action Group

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re:  Real West Ham Fans Action Group

Postby Ifebbubbles on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:30 pm

Andy was spot on when he said our own greed is whats cost us.
Ifebbubbles

Postby Noble Man on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:34 pm

West Ham Matt wrote:There is no chance a March for us lot will not involve booze.

This is what's worries me. Simple question - Why?

IF this all goes tits up you can imagine the media response.... 'booze fuelled West Ham supporters.....'
Noble Man

Postby Phil S on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:44 pm

people across all groups will be asked not to drink / carry drink

If people can't do that for 45 minutes then we have no chance

I believe fully that the march will be peaceful and behaviour will be perfect
I'm getting fed up of the negative bollox being posted
Phil S

Postby ayriron on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:56 pm

Phil S wrote:people across all groups will be asked not to drink / carry drink

If people can't do that for 45 minutes then we have no chance

I believe fully that the march will be peaceful and behaviour will be perfect
I'm getting fed up of the negative bollox being posted

:thup: 100%
ayriron

Postby Mr_Skid on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:59 pm

Im behind the RWHFAG but im not really sure of the purpose of that video and what they want to achieve with it.

It just seems like a walk down memory lane but we cant move back there and nothing is going to change that, id rather have seen a video on how they want to move forward and what they have planned.
Mr_Skid

Postby Nesticles on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:00 pm

That video :thup:

I miss West Ham United (and Upton Park) so much

Brady, Gold, and Sullivan can take West Ham London and Stratford and shove it
Nesticles

Postby the pink palermo on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:01 pm

Phil S wrote:I'm getting fed up of the negative bollox being posted

Me too .

The organisers behind the action group know what they are doing .They have put a lot of time, effort and their personal commitment into trying to get a better future for all supporters .

It would be nice to think their fellow supporters would back them up.

If we all approach the march with the right attitude it really could be our finest hour .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Samba on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:06 pm

Ifebbubbles wrote:Andy was spot on when he said our own greed is whats cost us.

Does he say that? Haven't watched it yet. I don't doubt you though, Ife.
I personally don't blame a single fan for what's cost us.
The greed is only applicable to 3 people.
Samba

Postby Phil S on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:18 pm

the first thing I thought after watching the video was the need to apologise to Pinky and mywhufc

I feel so bad that I did nothing to stop this

this march is the be all or end all for me :crest:
Phil S

Postby Ifebbubbles on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:28 pm

Samba wrote:Does he say that? Haven't watched it yet. I don't doubt you though, Ife.

Yes, but what he was implying was our greed for wanting to move on to the next level was the reason a large % of us accepted the move. Even those that were sceptical accepted it.
The owners greed is undeniable. That goes without saying.
Ifebbubbles

Postby Samba on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:40 pm

Samba wrote:Does he say that? Haven't watched it yet. I don't doubt you though, Ife.

Ifebbubbles wrote:Yes, but what he was implying was our greed for wanting to move on to the next level was the reason a large % of us accepted the move. Even those that were sceptical accepted it.
The owners greed is undeniable. That goes without saying.

:thup:
Samba

Postby mjustincredible on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:16 am

Great video :crest: Gone to the Vic after games at the new ground couple times, its a bit more of an effort but still a great old pub with atmosphere. The Carpenters is the only pub that's comparable to it over Stratford way
mjustincredible

Postby delbert on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 am

StiffUpper wrote:I'm pretty sure that Stratford park, aka West Ham Recreation Ground must be the site once known as Dunottar Park, which was the first home of our forerunner Castle Swifts.

A most appropriate start point if that's right.

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote:Must be some local history buffs around that can confirm/disprove that? Adds a nice touch of history the plan and (cynically) gives a little angle to add in to the media coverage.

Round the corner and down the road a bit is West Ham Park in The Portway, it was in that park that the first ever goal in the FA Cup was scored. Clapham Rovers beat Upton Park FC 0-3.
So, Upton Park FC played in West Ham, later on West Ham United played in Upton Park.

Sorry for the (ever so slightly relevant) off topic......
delbert

Postby Hamburger on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:08 am

Missed a trick on the video when dissing the logo. The re-branding, the stadium, the image, in fact everything the board have done is to maximise the potential value of the club and make it attractive to buyers. NOTHING has been done to maximise (let alone consider) fan base experience. They spent hundreds of thousands on consultants but never discussed anything with fans. Their priority is making a killing on selling the club and have no qualms of running rough shod all over us to do it. And I have no doubt that they will send in their cage fighter, ex army stewards/security to rustle up trouble at the march to deflect the attention from them.
Hamburger

Postby delbert on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:17 am

I have no doubt they won't. All it would take is for it to kick off and one of these twats get traced back to them and they would be absolutely ruined.
As much I think they'd love to send in some goons, they'd be too scared of the possible outcomes........
delbert

Postby goa127 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:04 am

delbert wrote:I have no doubt they won't. All it would take is for it to kick off and one of these twats get traced back to them and they would be absolutely ruined.
As much I think they'd love to send in some goons, they'd be too scared of the possible outcomes........

The last thing they want to do is draw attention to the march. They would like to dismiss it as unimportant. Conspiracy theories don't help anybody.
goa127

Postby Colours never run on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:08 am

The video and all involved is brilliant and hits home just what's happened and what it's all about. But it also makes me so ****ing livid that so many went along with it and surprised fans didn't realise just what we were giving up for some fantasy vanity project. When they first piped up about the possibility of moving it didn't sit right with me then and it sure as **** don't feel right now. I said my piece about why it was all b*llocks till I was claret and blue in the face to whoever mentioned it but what I mostly got back was this pipe dream of becoming something much bigger. Well it couldn't have turned out more wrong. But now it kinda feels like it's all after the horse has bolted stuff as we now have to live with our new reality, having to fight and scrap for every little bit of difference that genuinely makes a difference to fans like you and I, be it ****ing off LONDON on the Crest, or getting the Club involved to help shift the Hammers Supporters Club, down to the finer details of ****ing beer shelves instead of poxy Popcorn wagons most people try to avoid. They couldn't have been more out of touch as to what truly mattered to us, much inkeeping with the theme of the pitch and gaps behind the goals is between the players and fans.

I've personally felt immensely frustrated and helpless throughout this process of moving and always racking my brain as to how things can be improved or finding another way to get our Club back, but always having that feeling of swimming against the tide thinking why bother and care so much now it's all done and dusted? **** knows but its heartening the spirit of West Ham United lives on in meaningful videos like the one Micky and Andy just did. It was never about the superficial poncey Corporate guff, swimming in money (Yeah right) or even the glory at-all-costs, it was always about us as a West Ham community and identity which feels like it's slowly ebbing away from us.

That all being said, maybe 1 day it'll start to feel more like it should (although nothing will replicate what we had) but right now, it most certainly doesn't.

If I had an ultimate wishlist for the new Stadium move to get us more back on track it would read along the lines of;

- **** LONDON off once and for all. We know who we are and no money will ever justify the 'brand' involvement.

- Castle I'd like reinstated again one day but I've got to be honest I really do like the Crossed Hammers on it's own for the time being. Not in Gold Hammers though which is more crudely synonomous to wealth, it should really be in Claret Hammers with Blue background like the 60s Crest so it looks stylish which is exactly what we are all about.

- Stewarding. For God sake get a proper grip on it! No more out sourcing rubbish and train up genuine fans or neutral Stewards who can do it the right way and never to antagonise like they often can now. We want everyone to be singing from the same hymn sheet as the bird steward in the video who knew the score and how to treat us properly. No more Tellytubby Brigade of Stewarding itching for a row.

- Finally bring in the likes of Nathan's either inside the Ground or a hub outside like The Rib Man is catered for. Yet another broken promise to local Business.

- Stalls/Food etc should be lining the walkways leading up to the Stadium much like it did down Green St. Not directly outside the Stadium where you might as well just wait till you get in. It would also make the trek more of a pleasure than a chore. Plus **** the Popcorn off once and for all while you're at it. It's symbolic as to what we've become which we generally cannot stand. It adds next to no value.

- Maybe some old school music to line the long walkways leading up to the Ground so to give it a feel good vibe as you walk towards the new gaff, instead of the monotonous silence that now greets everyone as we shuffle quietly along.

- Square off the lower tiers to get us closer as a fanbase to that pitch. In it's current state, it's just not how we tick sitting so far away from the edge of the pitch.

- Commission more art work like the geezer who did up Ercans both inside and outside the gaff.

- Get the beloved Johnny Lyall gates out of the poxy Shop as it's wasted in there. Proudly display it outside the Ground again so kids and families and tourists alike can properly enjoy it and have their picture taken beside them with a brief explanation as to it's origin and signifigance as a permanent landmark we can all be proud of once more. Furthermore it was like a shrine to so many especially when a beloved Hammer past away and we'd honour them by adorning scarfs, flowers and shirts upon it. It's not a money making bit of tat, it's sacred to genuine Hammers fans.

- Make the Concourses warmer. We are acting like Eskimos trying to find a bit of warmth and shelter from the elements all around the Ground. Either enclose the roof where the gaps are (running theme!), or install Heaters of some kind.

- Change that God awful green carpet to proper Claret once and for all so it feels more like West Ham around the parameter of the Pitch and blends in nicely with the Academy of Football again.

- **** the Lollipop holders off. We aint braindead sheep.

- Engage more with the likes of WHUISA/RWHF and not as a token gesture to fob them off only telling them what they wanna hear and actually fight tooth and nail for the real issues that most of us care passionately about.

- Proper investment which should have been the easiest of the lot considering the move was built on this big promise of moving to the 'next level' guff. It wasn't us that gobbed off about how much better the coffers would be, so you made your bed, ****ing lie in it and take proper ownership of the words you meant. If it needed some kind of crude figure as to what people expected, you're looking at spending no less than £60m a Summer showing real intent and ambition, not the kind of Net spends that have been happening like last Summer. Wages, I won't be too harsh on as I think they generally meet that with players.

Do those things, then I'd be back on board cutting them slack as I'd think they do have our best intentions at heart with regards the move now it's done and that it's not all about the ****ing money which we were never ever about. It's about community, belonging, passion and pride in what we do.

No doubt this'll all just fall on deaf ears but it does feel good to get it off my chest as to what I think the move should now mean if we are to ever make a real good fist of it again, 'Together' - Those ain't my words but the Boards.

Finally put your money where your mouths are once and for all, because afterall, we all certainly do as Fans backing this Club financially (even when many of our lot haven't a pot to piss in) and emotionally through thick and thin, over land and sea. :crest:
Last edited by Colours never run on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Tenbury on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:42 am

Phil S wrote:the first thing I thought after watching the video was the need to apologise to Pinky and mywhufc

I tried to express these thoughts in another thread.I bought into the lies,and I feel pretty stupid,plenty on here warned us.
Tenbury

Postby Westbourne Bill on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:14 am

Phil S wrote:the first thing I thought after watching the video was the need to apologise to Pinky and mywhufc

I remember mywhufc in particular being abused and mocked by a then moderator for trying to hand out anti move leaflets pre-match.
Westbourne Bill

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:43 am

CNR

At last we agree on something. Great post :thup:
westham,eggyandchips

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion