[POLL] Hart or Adrian?

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

Who should start in goal against Chelsea on Saturday?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:19 pm

Joe Hart
3%
Adrian
97%

Total votes: 462

sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Re: [POLL] Hart or Adrian?

Post by sjb958 »

I think our defence feels more confident with Adrian behind them. Just because of the type of personality he is compared to Hart.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

To be fair, this poll is happening following a strong performance from Adrian, so it will reflect that to some extent. I don't think there's much to choose between them natural ability-wise, but Hart's form is not good, and he's not ours. The money is desperately needed elsewhere in the first 11.
steps
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 245 likes

Post by steps »

Adrian, all day long.

I’ve never really rated Hart tbph.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 531 likes
Total likes: 405 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Good to see so many people backing Adrian :scarfer:

If he doesn't start the next game then well, i give up.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

I've never seen Hart as a brilliant keeper. The fact that he happened to be the best English keeper during a period when there was a dearth of them is really neither here nor there. Frankly, if Southgate has any sense, Pickford will have the jersey in Russia as he's currently head and shoulders above the others.

As to the logic of us signing him, it still escapes me. Adrian played very well in 2015/6; he had a dip in the early part of last season and was horrible in the Stoke game. At that point, it made sense to give Randolph a go but, as someone else said, that was an experiment that went on a couple of months too long. When Adrian got the shirt back at the end of last season, he played pretty well and, of all the positions we needed to upgrade over the summer, goalkeeper wasn't one of them.

As far as I'm concerned, the reserve keeper is only there in case the first choice gets injured. Let's face it, we weren't going to be playing Kajagoogoo in Europe this year and our progress in the domestic cups is largely a function of how seriously the top six decide to take them in any given year. To all intents and purposes, if our first choice keeper needs to play another half dozen or so games a year, it ain't gonna kill him.

Given the depth of **** that we're in, this is a no-brainer. Adrian should keep the shirt and, if there is some kind of clause in Hart's contract, Moyes should, at very least, mention it in his next presser.
Briggsy
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Briggsy »

I'm going to defend Hart. I think he's a good goal keeper playing for a poorly organised team. He's made some great saves at times this season and kept us in the game.

However, he has made a few mistakes recently, and when you make multiple mistakes as a goal keeper you have to drop out of the team.

Let's not forget, Adrian was on similar form last season and got dropped for Randolph and rightly so, at the time.

I don't see much difference between our two goal keepers if I'm honest. Both are outstanding shot stoppers, but both make mistakes.

I don't think it's a coincide that we've seen so many mistakes from Randolph, Adrian & Hart over the past 18 months. Even Buffon in his prime would struggle on our team.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2406 likes
Total likes: 2614 likes

Post by sendô »

On the balance of performances, Adrian probably deserves a run.

Hart hasn't been bad, but in a team conceding a lot of attempts on goal he hasn't really stood out as playing particularly well.

Adrian deserves a run now given how well he played vs City, but any sign of his rash decisions from early last season and he's out for me.
woosieman

Post by woosieman »

Adrian.

Hart making mistakes and also appears not to be wanted by City, even Torino could not get rid of him quick enough. Just Southgate to open his eyes and realise England have better options between the sticks.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

There is very little to choose between the two, and we've just seen Adrian playing with an organised defence in front of him, something Hart hasn't had all season.

Something to think about though, is Adrian improving through working with Hart in training?
brothernero
Has liked: 706 likes
Total likes: 719 likes

Post by brothernero »

Adrian every day of the week. In my opinion he is the much better goalkeeper. Hart I have always found to be vastly overrated.

Of course Adrian is our goalkeeper which for me is a big factor as well.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 611 likes
Total likes: 638 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

The man with the shirt should keep it until he loses it.

At this point it's Adrian...
iamakka
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by iamakka »

I also think there's not too much difference between Adrian and Hart in overall ability, so pick the man in form.

Hart hasn't been hopeless, but the last couple of performances from Adrian should win him the gloves for the next few matches.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

hammerdivone wrote:There is very little to choose between the two, and we've just seen Adrian playing with an organised defence in front of him, something Hart hasn't had all season.

Something to think about though, is Adrian improving through working with Hart in training?
as competition, possibly. not sure what hart has to teach the spaniard though.

can adrian be part of the reason for a more organised defence?
Upton Carp
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Upton Carp »

I did not need yesterdays performance by Adrian to convince me. I have known all along that he is a better keeper than Joe Hart. My worry is that contractual issues will keep him out of the team unless Joe gets injured. That would be a travesty IMHO.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1975 likes
Total likes: 1464 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

For a goalkeeper I think Hart peaked/matured very early in his career.

Unfortunately his best years are behind him.

Whereas Adrian, although prone to the odd mistake himself looks as though he can improve further still.
1860OnceMoore

Post by 1860OnceMoore »

Football is about confidence and that is why it has to be Adrian - Hart was a great keeper and could be again, but he is mentally shot and I think the defence (as bad as it has been) need to trust that there is a chance if they f*** up the guy between the sticks will do all he can to get there! Hart at the moment is looking exposed and this does not bode well for our chances if he retains the number 1 jersey
westhamerica
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

99.9999999999999999% to .00000000000000001%

So Hart is definitely starting Saturday then.
sutts07
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 538 likes

Post by sutts07 »

This poll could only be beaten by a should Karen Brady step down poll...

As unanimous as it gets really.

Sadly, it is Chelsea next, and then Arsenal so even if Adrian does keep his place, he has two of the most attacking teams in the league to see off in an attempt to keep it.

Hart will be back in in no time. It will be scandalous if he comes straight back in though.
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by Coops »

Who should start = Adrian.
Who will start = Hart.
WCpete
Has liked: 1396 likes
Total likes: 3055 likes

Post by WCpete »

I never thought Hart should have been given the nod at the beginning of the season. He should have had to win the position from Adrian which he never did, imo. He was given the spot based solely on his CV, his profile and his marketability. I don't think Adrian is a world beater, but I don't think he's worse than Hart. And he's been our keeper for 4 years. Adrian should keep the job, but I doubt that the front office would endorse that opinion and I doubt that Moyes would go against their wishes. I'll have more respect for him if he does.