Champions Place Stoned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Champions Place Stoned

Postby Kialos on Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:33 am

Fingers crossed for you and anyone else still waiting :crest:
Kialos

Postby Big George on Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:51 pm

Broken promises and broken stones: The debacle continues
https://whuisa.org/news/2018/9/25/champ ... provements
Big George

Postby sutts07 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Am I right in thinking that anyone who had a brick at the Boleyn should have a stone at the new place??
sutts07

Postby Sliema1990 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:01 pm

sutts07 wrote:Am I right in thinking that anyone who had a brick at the Boleyn should have a stone at the new place??

That was the idea Sutts. I had to contact them, to find out where mine had been placed.It took some time, and i got the impression that if i hadn't contacted them, i would still be none the wiser.
Sliema1990

Postby sutts07 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Sliema1990 wrote:if i hadn't contacted them, i would still be none the wiser.

That is where I currently am with the one I got for my old man...
sutts07

Postby steward205 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:37 pm

Have you sorted this out now
steward205

Postby hammerman11 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:28 am

its a badly designed area s on matchdays it is hard to see your stne with everyone walking on them. a better place would to have made a new wall with bricks in it so that you could stand and look at them vertically. of course we couldn't do that with the bowl as we only rent it currently.
who came up with champions place ? not a great name as we have never been league champions ? surely a fans corner etc would have been better.
hammerman11

Postby sanchoz on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 am

hammerman11 wrote:its a badly designed area s on matchdays it is hard to see your stne with everyone walking on them. a better place would to have made a new wall with bricks in it so that you could stand and look at them vertically. of course we couldn't do that with the bowl as we only rent it currently.
who came up with champions place ? not a great name as we have never been league champions ? surely a fans corner etc would have been better.

The idea was the Champions Statue (currently staying on the road junction of Barking Road and Green Street) would be moved to a custom built plinth in the area of the stones, thus naming the whole area Champions Place.

Who came up with the idea? West Ham United.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby sutts07 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:46 am

steward205 wrote:Have you sorted this out now

No, thanks for the PM. I will send off some messages today. I can't spend any more time out the front of the stadium on a match day with the old man looking at each bloody brick!
sutts07

Postby Adrianisournumber1 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:58 am

If people want me to happy to point miguel delany to this his a reporter i have built up a good friendship with
Adrianisournumber1

Postby baggs1981 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:08 pm

Am glad to read some people are getting progress. Alas nothing for the stone i purchased for my dad even after i started this thread.

Still no stone at the location my letter says it was installed.. no email, letter or contact at all to my various attempts. It will be 4 years in December since i ordered it.

If anyone knows someone that can find out what the heck is going on that would be great.
baggs1981

Postby Kialos on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Kialos wrote:As I understand it WHUISA were informed several months ago by Tara Warren and Jake Heath that everything had been sorted. It appears they were at best providing misleading information and at worst lying.

Options to consider for anyone who still isn't satisfied is to commence small claims action if paid by Debit card or cheque after a "letter before action" letter is sent to the club. You need to send the letter to the registered office (even if it still says the Boleyn Ground on the website) I would send a copy to the club at the London Stadium address as well There are examples of such letters on the Citizens Advice Bureau / You Gov website.

A Sec 75 Consumer Credit Act claim can be made if paid by credit card. Although there is a de minimus limit under S75 of £100 credit card issuers will often entertain such claims. It costs you nothing to try. Ring the credit credit card issuer first, they will expect you to have requested a refund or resolution from the club before making a S75 claim. Again advice and templates are on the CAB website.

If I was WHUISA I would now be making representations to Newham TS and put the evidence gathered to them. Perhaps an Enterprise Act undertaking might be a way forward or if considered serious enough straight to an Enforcement Order.

The club have had more than enough time to get their house in order IMO.

I posted this months ago and nothing much appears to have changed.

In addition I think there are grounds to claim that the actual depiction of the Champions Place stones in the sales blurb is a misrepresentation. How many of us would have bought if we had known the area was going to be used as a place for fast food outlets and programme sellers to ply their trade. It's basically just part of the concourse outside the stadium and a public thoroughfare.

WHUISA have the data, get permission of those with ongoing complaints to act on their behalf and find out who the dedicated Trading Standards Officer at LB Newham is who deals with West Ham and get into dialogue. If they don't want to know, get the press involved.
Kialos

Postby Sliema1990 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Can only speak for myself, but the last time i took a look at my stone,It was in a poor state,which you would expect with thousands walking over it every 2 weeks. The lettering was beginning to fade a bit. Nowhere near as good as the bricks we had at the Boleyn Ground.
Sliema1990

Postby Stratford Hammer on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:17 pm

Was never told by the club where my Dad's stone was placed. A couple of mates say they found it, but couldn't recall where abouts exactly, thanks to the beer.

The club emailed about the impending installation of my Uncle's stone in September 2017 (12 months after it was ordered, and later than the spring installation they initially said would happen in an email from January 2017). They said:

Please be assured that a further communication will follow in due course to confirm the installation of your stone and how to find its location.

Well, that hasn't happened! So, i've finally got round to chasing them up. The automatic reply says
We aim to respond to every enquiry within one working day however, this may be extended during busier periods.
I'm not holding my breath.
Stratford Hammer

Postby hammerman11 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:18 am

the whole thing is a joke. no champions statue as they weren't allowed to move the original one, quite right in my opinion.
so the obvious thing would be to install a replica there. no dount the lldc have said no.
so we the fans suffer as always. my stone is dirty and tacky and had food on it last time I saw it.
bricks would have been better and easier to see and maintain.

maybe when we own the bowl things will change but don't hold your breath !
hammerman11

Postby Nels on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:46 pm

The administration on this has been absolute rubbish,
and for the years it has been going on and complaints received ,nothing has been done to resolve it it
to make it better for the paying public .

When you see Karen Brady on her tv shows about being a businesswoman and promoting female entrepeneurs,
yet cant get a simple business transaction like this right.
Pay your money with inscription
get a stone cut and laid by a pavior
tell customer where it is
simple
all that was needed was a grid ref
have a border of stones with A - Z along the top and bottom
and 1- 26 down both sides
then you can say 'yes Mr Smith you will find your stone at J 16 '

Every time I look for mine I struggle to locate it even thought I know its there

And another thing ,
I am not very high off the ground but I still find it difficult to read the inscription without pouring beer over it .

My plan is to go over there one day with a tin of black gloss paint and colour the inscription in ,so it can be read by passers by and my children when I pop off.
I would urge others to do the same .
after all what can they do to stop you ,its your stone ,you paid for it !
Nels

Previous

Return to General Discussion