Champions Place Stoned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Champions Place Stoned

Postby Nels on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Interesting they have said when you phoned they didn't know who is dealing with it.
I would love to know who is dealing with it day to day and then who is managing it
It took months of chasing them to eventually get them to reply
'after much investigation we can confirm your stone is laid'

I think they have given it to the tea lady to sort out , no, the tea lady would have made a better job of it.

I am sure if they just got a computer literate young person to just record each one and put it on a spreadsheet with the wording and the exact grid ref i.e. 20 along from left to right and 10 down pinpoints each one .
that should only take one person maximum 2 weeks
and we have people still waiting years to find theirs

and finally the quality is crap ,I see people pouring water or beer over them to try and make the inscription stand out and readable ,I am considering going over one day and filling the inscription with black paint ,so you can at least read it !
when I did get told where mine was they only told me the block
Nels

Postby Kialos on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:53 am

Up the Junction wrote:I've never seen mine.

I am taking your reply that you have looked for it and can't find it?

If so I am aware from when I had involvement with this that during some of the early installations people had emails advising them their stone had been laid in X area but did not actually happen so might be worth checking with club.
Kialos

Postby Nels on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:53 pm

In view of all the fuss and accusations of mismanagement ,surely it wouldn't take that long for someone to walk outside before sending an email saying where it was , just to confirm it is there even take a picture and send it in the email ,that is the least you would expect
Nels

Postby baggs1981 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:58 pm

Latest is that I have still had no response from anyone at WH, while at the game yesterday (GET IN!!) I went and checked the area again (paulo di canio > B) and the stone is defo not there (checked all around the di canio section just in case).

I was unusually early for the game so with time to kill went into the store to the customer service desk, guy there was very helpful, but blunt, saying that it's an outside company that deals with the stones etc etc.... he was sincere and agreed it was not good enough. He and a colleague explained hearing of such an issue as 'no surprise' and talked about how one understandably upset lady had gone to them because a rubbish bin had been placed on top of her late husbands Champions Place Stone.

Anyway, the kind fellow said he would pass on my details and issue to a supporter liaison officer leaving me content that he was doing all that he could.

The encounter stank of the same overlaying (or underlying depending on your view) issues that seem to be seeping through every part of West Ham; that very little is in the control of those who give a cr@p, and the number of people who give a cr@p is lessening all time. But then who cares what we have to say right :arry:
baggs1981

Postby Big George on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:01 pm

WHUISA are in process of going back to everyone who contacted us in November to see what has/hasn't been sorted. The clubclaimed it would all be sorted by Chelsea (ie start of Dec) but that is clearly nonsense.
Big George

Postby baggs1981 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:27 pm

Big George wrote:WHUISA are in process of going back to everyone who contacted us in November to see what has/hasn't been sorted. The clubclaimed it would all be sorted by Chelsea (ie start of Dec) but that is clearly nonsense.

I'm not sure if that includes me or not, because I've only posted on here / tried WH direct.

I've just read some of the WHUISA minutes and see one bit says:

"JH informed those at meeting that YES all those with outstanding issues had been contacted. Those on phase 2 and 3 were contacted by 29/9/17.

WHUISA to contact all those on their database who raised concerns to clarify contact and customer satisfaction with WHUFC response"

The stone I purchased was within phase 1 let alone 2 or 3 and I'm not on any WHUISA database that I am aware of, anyone know if that's something I can be added to?
baggs1981

Postby Rasp on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:17 pm

When my kids got mine WHU sent out a plan of where we could find it, they had printed it upside down so was looking for it in the wrong place. first time I see it it was covered in red sauce and onions....
Rasp

Postby keithrobsonsbookie on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:33 pm

Rasp wrote:... first time I see it it was covered in red sauce and onions....

How much extra did they charge you for that??
keithrobsonsbookie

Postby scottyboy71 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:41 pm

I was told mine would be installed in March 2018 but have not heard a dickey bird. Anybosy actually had a stone installed recently?
scottyboy71

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:47 pm

I had one done for my brother but i've never actually looked for it. I don't even know where i should go to look!

Whereabouts are they? In relation to the club shop for example.

Cheers in advance :)
Cockneyboy311

Postby Danny's Dyer Acting on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Danny's Dyer Acting

Postby Johnny_C WHU on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:57 pm

scottyboy71 wrote:I was told mine would be installed in March 2018 but have not heard a dickey bird. Anybosy actually had a stone installed recently?

same here. I bought one for my son as an Xmas pressie but I haven't heard any more since the confirmation.

If it wasn't West Ham I would have thought it was a right micky mouse organisation........... :arry:
Johnny_C WHU

Postby Vic_Watson on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:21 pm

Official tat, Champions stones, RWHFAG, £10 waiting list - West Ham fans seem to be experts in giving their hard earned away! :o
Vic_Watson

Postby sirwalter on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:12 pm

I ordered mine in January 2015. I received an email in August 2016 saying: “The first phase of personalised stones at Champions Place is now complete and we are delighted to inform you that your stone has been installed and now sits among tributes to West Ham United legends at our stunning new home.” Four of us have now looked a couple of times and the stone certainly isn’t there. As a WHUISA member I asked if they could help. Unfortunately I am still waiting. Who should I contact? Any help will be appreciated.
sirwalter

Postby Hammerite on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:50 am

I had one done and regret having my name associated with that fuggin’ shat hole.

Who do I contact about getting it removed?
Hammerite

Postby Pob! on Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:23 pm

I wish someone would take them to court...

I would love to see them scurrying around for payment on 'cant pay or we'll take it away' :scarfer:
Pob!

Postby Kialos on Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:40 pm

As I understand it WHUISA were informed several months ago by Tara Warren and Jake Heath that everything had been sorted. It appears they were at best providing misleading information and at worst lying.

Options to consider for anyone who still isn't satisfied is to commence small claims action if paid by Debit card or cheque after a "letter before action" letter is sent to the club. You need to send the letter to the registered office (even if it still says the Boleyn Ground on the website) I would send a copy to the club at the London Stadium address as well There are examples of such letters on the Citizens Advice Bureau / You Gov website.

A Sec 75 Consumer Credit Act claim can be made if paid by credit card. Although there is a de minimus limit under S75 of £100 credit card issuers will often entertain such claims. It costs you nothing to try. Ring the credit credit card issuer first, they will expect you to have requested a refund or resolution from the club before making a S75 claim. Again advice and templates are on the CAB website.

If I was WHUISA I would now be making representations to Newham TS and put the evidence gathered to them. Perhaps an Enterprise Act undertaking might be a way forward or if considered serious enough straight to an Enforcement Order.

The club have had more than enough time to get their house in order IMO.
Kialos

Postby sirwalter on Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:01 am

Thanks for the advice Kialos, I will give it a go. I was hoping that someone at the club would have realised that this is another P.R. disaster, but to be honest I don't think they care :cry:
sirwalter

Postby Kialos on Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:20 am

It is a shame it has got to this stage because people naturally would rather have the stone than a refund for obvious reasons but these are significant sums of money which people have handed over. The club's behaviour is not that of a well run and reputable business.
Kialos

Postby scottyboy71 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:52 am

I've actually had a positive update.

"We’re pleased to confirm that your commemorative stone is due to be installed imminently as part of the next installation phase at Champions Place.

Installation of all stones will commence on Monday 30th July and will continue until Friday 17th August 2018. Please find further information relating to the next phase of installation here.

Once all stones have been installed, we will then begin to catalogue their locations and will send confirmation by email to provide you with a reference point alongside a map to help you locate your own Champions Place stone.

Please be advised that the full cataloguing process may take up to 14 days and therefore we will be in touch to provide the exact location of your stone no later than Friday 31st August at 5pm.

Once again we thank you for your patience and should you have any queries in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us here at Supporter Services"

i'm assuming that everyone who's grumbled on this thread is included as it states ALL stones are going in during this period.
scottyboy71

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion