West Ham Utd 2-1 West Bromwich Albion (02/01/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

PrincipleHammer

Re: West Ham Utd v West Bromwich Albion: match thread

Post by PrincipleHammer »

:thup:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1857 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Now Albion's future opponents know how to wind him up on the pitch, and don't for one second think they won't.
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 616 likes

Post by Croydon »

To be honest mate, I think everyone would know how to wind him up, but most would have the class not to use that ammunition.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Chap on Facebook says he heard it and unfortunately he did say about his kid. Reckons a few heard it too and weren't happy
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

The posts above are suggesting he should not have any action taken against him.... again

That’s the whole argument, we don’t even know if the cocaine was related to the tragic loss of his child.

Where does this end? What else can he do wrong but “get off” due to the apparent circumstances.

If the fan did wrong, he should be punished (or unless he has an excuse?)

People need to be accountable for their actions at both ends... as I said earlier, the police are a group that get all sorts of vile abuse aimed at them on the job... are we all going to condemn them taking the law into their own hands?

This wasn’t in the pub...

Just can’t believe that some people 100% believe Livermore’s story unless they know him
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:Chap on Facebook says he heard it and unfortunately he did say about his kid. Reckons a few heard it too and weren't happy
Assuming this facebooker is a Hammer That's good enough for me..you wouldn't make that **** up about a fellow (so called) fan.

The truth will come out. I am sure of it.
JAL76

Post by JAL76 »

MD_HM wrote:The posts above are suggesting he should not have any action taken against him.... again

That’s the whole argument, we don’t even know if the cocaine was related to the tragic loss of his child.

Where does this end? What else can he do wrong but “get off” due to the apparent circumstances.

People need to be accountable for their actions at both ends... as I said earlier, the police are a group that get all sorts of vile abuse aimed at them on the job... are we all going to condemn them taking the law into their own hands?

Just can’t believe that some people 100% believe Livermore’s story unless they know him

:thup:
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Mega Ron wrote:You don't understand.

What is indisputable is that he attacked someone in the crowd.

Other than that we don't know what this person said.

What is also indisputable is that Jake Livermore, at least twice when in trouble, has used the death of his child as an excuse.

IF A PERSON IN THE CROWD MOCKED HIM WITH REGARDS TO HIS CHILD THAT IS OUT OF ORDER.

But we don't know that happened. Even if it did happen Jake Livermore also reacted in a way he shouldn't have.

Understood Ron. I don't agree with you but take my advice. Step away from this debate. Give yourself a week off Kumb. You will end up being banned if your not careful.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

I assume he was. It was in a West Ham page ......then again you never know do you these days
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I'm cool cheers Hugh.

And I'd be surprised if what I've written has put me anywhere close to a ban.
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.

Post by Croydon »

MD_HM wrote:The posts above are suggesting he should not have any action taken against him.... again

What action would you have taken against him, genuine question, not being flippant. And what do you see as the result of that punishment?

I am sure that there would have been evidence before to lead to him not receiving a ban; previous drugs tests, character references, one on one interviews...we don't know half of the details, but yes, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

The police are also extensively trained in how to deal with that type of abuse and to my knowledge are given regular (or at least one) psych evals to make sure their brains are suitably developed to cope. Are footballers? Genuinely, I don't know.

Again, I am defending him because I don't think anyone who has been in that situation would willingly use it as an "excuse" for acting out of hand.
Croydon

Post by Croydon »

Anyway, that's the last from me on this topic..

3 points yesterday and 3 more tomorrow! :crest:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I'm sorry but iv3 got a real issue with castigating someone for the use of the word Spurs. For f*** sake it's been used as a word to describe Spurs players and fans since God knows when and it's context is just that when referring to an ex spurs player. We are Hammers and they themselves refer themselves as Spurs.

And if it really should be considered a banning offence for a well known term in the game when referring to such Club, then they too cannot continue to use it. It's getting that ****ing ridiculous with zero common sense.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I agree CNR.

For me it means Spurs.
PrincipleHammer

Mega Ron wrote:I'm cool cheers Hugh.

And I'd be surprised if what I've written has put me anywhere close to a ban.
No words...
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Assuming this facebooker is a Hammer That's good enough for me..you wouldn't make that **** up about a fellow (so called) fan.
Sorry Hugh, but this is naive. One look at the comment section of any West Ham FB post will show fans coating each other off and saying nasty things.

Twitter and FB do not constitute the truth. In my experience the opposite.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

PrincipleHammer wrote:No words...
If only.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Right then

Going to ask you all to play nicely or we will lock this topic, sadly none of us have been about but the debating today in here has been piss poor and some has crossed the line whereby if you’d said that to each other over a pint one of you would have got lamped by the other

That’s how we look at modding, well I do and I’m here do it’s over

As for the term being used to refer to Spurs, you use it and yes you will get banned, as we get the grief from kick it out who monitor these forums and try to shut them down, so if you think using its fine , think again as it’s this forum and Utj that suffers the lawyers

Thank you

I do not want to have to lock this but sadly it’s going the same way these things do
PrincipleHammer

Edited by a moderator

Give it a rest please
Kev59
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Kev59 »

RichieRiv wrote: Sorry Hugh, but this is naive. One look at the comment section of any West Ham FB post will show fans coating each other off and saying nasty things.

Twitter and FB do not constitute the truth. In my experience the opposite.
And someone else claiming to have been there saying that the "fan" just called Livermore a coke head. Said it twice and the second time Livermore lost it. (Stop! Hammer Time FB)