Where is the money?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Where is the money?

Postby Coops on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:00 pm

I thought that we moved grounds to boost the clubs finances in order to compete in the transfer market with clubs challenging for European places.
Coops

Postby Graza on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Claret&Blue,Thru& wrote:Why not ask the 85% that voted for it?

I believe 85% voted for it as much as I believe 95% of people are happy with the new ground.

I asked the club at the time for a breakdown of the vote by bond holders, season ticket holders, people who bought 10 or more home tickets, 5 or more, 5 or less and none. My request was never even acknowledged (not that I thought it would be). That sort of a breakdown would have allowed us to infer from the vote who actually wanted the change. I'd put pound on the penny that it wasn't the ST holders or regular attendees.

I still want to know why we have to sell to buy when we supposedly had enough money for a bid in Carvalho at the end of the transfer window.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ub-by-club
Has us paying 60% of our income on wages in the financial year ending in April 16. I can't find more recent data. Since then the operational costs of the club have reduced significantly, the squad grew then massively shrank (for a net transfer fee gain) and the income from TV has continued to soar. But investment in the playing staff has stalled, and it very much shows in the clubs league performance.

So where has the money gone?
Graza

Postby Rocketron on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Perfect chant for tomorrow
Where's the money gone, David Sullivan?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSNSTerj2Kc
Rocketron

Postby MD_HM on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:50 pm

Even though the 85% was created by weighted questions it wasn’t for what we have ended up with.

I still fully believe that if they had stuck to their end of the bargain and invested in the playing squad then most wouldn’t be as angry.

Same way if we do get new owners who seriously invest in the club, Stadium and playing squad that a lot of the anger would go or at least be appeased

The whole point is at present we have seen no investment, this summer we spent less net than we did at the Boleyn for example... so the whole move was pointless

No one was asked the question, would you leave the Boleyn for us spending less money than we do now and fighting relegation each year.
MD_HM

Postby ToiletDuck on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:12 am

MD_HM , maybe the 85% were naive enough to think we would not be involved in relegation again and why would we?
We had Payet at the time the best player in the world, Creswell, Noble & Antonio all banging on the door for England and the promise of quality internationals to join us.

then reality hit.

we loaned big and paid big wages but what end product?

in business if you cannot do a job you hire someone who can, be that a cleaner, accountant, sales rep, PA. what you do not do is try and do it all yourself!

As much as I used to support the board , i am rapidly losing faith in them
ToiletDuck

Previous

Return to General Discussion