Are we going down ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Are we going down ?

Postby Tackler on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:00 pm

Currently 4 points from the relegation zone

A ridiculously long injury list

Many players seem to want out, most recently Ayew and Hernandez

Have a board who wont support the club properly, a cirka 5 million net spend since the summer is the reality

unrest amongst the fans and possibly the players (it will be interesting to hear what Sakho has to say) Ayew and Hernandez wanting out etc.

The only players we seem to be after are gambles, take Smolov(sp) for example, no Russian striker has made it in the premierleague. NO ONE

Schneiderlin was good a few years ago but since has been very average.

It really wouldn´t surprise me if these 2 would be our only remaining signings this window!

What do you think? Do you think we can stay up? Not me I think it´s more likely we will go down but I hope I´m wrong
Last edited by Tackler on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tackler

Re: Are we going down ?

Postby Pob! on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:06 pm

A couple of weeks ago I would of said no however now you must say it's a strong possibility.
Pob!

Postby chalks on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:07 pm

Well so many of the negative things I’ve been told over the past 18 months all seem to stack up when you see what’s actually going on. Player unrest really is at an almost all time low, with the over riding reason being players simply don’t want to play for the lying scumbags that own the club

I will be amazed if we stay up and can see a long run of defeats, similar to the Abram Can’t season, where the team simply gave up towards the end
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Postby MB on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:10 pm

The more important question is do you care?
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton

Postby chalks on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:14 pm

MB wrote:The more important question is do you care?

If that’s aimed at me MB I’d say that I care for my boys, who live and breathe WHUFC, and I care for a % of our support.

But another % deserve it, and the scum bags that own the club don’t deserve anything other than a failing catastrophe of a football club

And me? I’m numb to it now. These ***** have killed what we had, and I can’t see us ever getting it back
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Postby prophet:marginal on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:15 pm

No

But we will not get more than 40 points, either.
prophet:marginal

Postby Believer on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:15 pm

chalks wrote:Well so many of the negative things I’ve been told over the past 18 months all seem to stack up when you see what’s actually going on. Player unrest really is at an almost all time low, with the over riding reason being players simply don’t want to play for the lying scumbags that own the club

I will be amazed if we stay up and can see a long run of defeats, similar to the Abram Can’t season, where the team simply gave up towards the end

That truly is depressing Chalks.

When you consider how we feel about what they’ve done to the club with their lies, deceit and failed promises, it appears that the players have had enough as well. I doubt the atmosphere has ever been lower in relation to ownership.

Where will it end though ? I just don’t see them leaving.
Believer

Postby Mega Ron on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:19 pm

I hope so. **** them and their West Ham London.
Mega Ron

Postby ageing hammer on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:24 pm

chalks wrote:Well so many of the negative things I’ve been told over the past 18 months all seem to stack up when you see what’s actually going on. Player unrest really is at an almost all time low, with the over riding reason being players simply don’t want to play for the lying scumbags that own the club

That thought entered my head when I read that we have 13 players ( not including Obiang and Masuaku )
not able to play. Could it be a bout of the old blue flu with the players just sick of the same **** we have to put up with. It's no wonder so many want out of the club,
ageing hammer

Postby brownout on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 pm

With our fixtures we need to be at least 5 points clear of relegation at 6 games to go.
Not sure if we'll manage it.
Not sure if I care.
brownout

Postby JerseyHammer on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:28 pm

Don't know yet. It'll be testing new waters that's for sure - the support won't stick with it like days gone by I doubt. It wasn't a problem really, if anything it was better.

It'll feel more like the beginning of the end if we drop this time. We won't be coming back any time soon.
JerseyHammer

Postby MB on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:36 pm

chalks wrote:

If that’s aimed at me MB I’d say that I care for my boys, who live and breathe WHUFC, and I care for a % of our support.

But another % deserve it, and the scum bags that own the club don’t deserve anything other than a failing catastrophe of a football club

And me? I’m numb to it now. These ***** have killed what we had, and I can’t see us ever getting it back

I’m sure you are not alone in that sadly.

It is a general question for anyone mate.

I’m just tired of this league and all that comes from trying to stay in it rather than build something. Short termism and over exposure leaves me indifferent to the “product”. I do feel for the youngsters and the diehards though. They deserve better than this.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton

Postby Pop Robson on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:37 pm

It will be 'Armageddon' if West Ham get relegated, says David Sullivan

and then relegated us

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/it-will-be-armageddon-if-west-ham-get-relegated-says-david-sullivan-6768315.html

Wonder what he'll say now, the silly prat moved us to the bowl hole. Next Level he never said which way
Pop Robson

Postby hammer1975 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:38 pm

All the ingredients are there...

Possibly, probably.... either way should a club with our resources be in that situation? Is that incompetence, negligence, complacency? If we don’t go down this season would you expect us to next season - how will we cope when the richer championship clubs like Wolves climb into the prem?

We’ve become a club built on sand.
hammer1975

Postby bubbles1966 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:41 pm

No.

There are just three league games between 20 January and 24 February.

All the teams below us have similar batches of fixtures to our supposedly tough bit.

Tomorrow might be a bit grim, mind.
bubbles1966

Location: the answer to all problems is.., what would Elvis or Steve McQueen do?

Postby only1post on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:47 pm

The bookies had Wigan as favourites to beat us on Saturday.
They rarely make mistakes.
Currently they have ten other teams more likely to be relegated than us.
Pop into to any betting shop in the land and the worst you will get for us to be relegated is 10 to 1.
If you lot are so convinced we are are going down you should pay one of them a visit.
only1post

Postby Bend it like Repka on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:53 pm

I did think we should be fine until the injury list has suddenly swelled.

You worry where goals are going to come from
Bend it like Repka

Postby Absolutely Hammered! on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:54 pm

only1post wrote:The bookies had Wigan as favourites to beat us on Saturday.
They rarely make mistakes.
Currently they have ten other teams more likely to be relegated than us.
Pop into to any betting shop in the land and the worst you will get for us to be relegated is 10 to 1.
If you lot are so convinced we are are going down you should pay one of them a visit.

Sweet... that’s my med cruise paid off!
Absolutely Hammered!

Postby JerseyHammer on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:58 pm

Absolutely Hammered! wrote:
Sweet... that’s my med cruise paid off!

:lol:

Though 2 defeats on the bounce changes all that. Get your bets on now, every clound n all that :scarfer:
JerseyHammer

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:01 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots

Next

Return to General Discussion