Are we going down ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Are we going down ?

Postby Pob! on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:07 pm

Win on Monday and we can all go on holiday knowing we are safe :scarfer:
Pob!

Postby cockneylol on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:38 pm

It seems to be the consensus that a win against Stoke will see us safe. I tend to agree although as soon as Huddersfield scored I've been having palpitations about son of Judas having an effect on our final position.

Get the win on Monday night and the gap will be good enough to see us safe (he said with fingers crossed).
cockneylol

Postby Tackler on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:41 pm

Pob! wrote:Win on Monday and we can all go on holiday knowing we are safe :scarfer:

Arnie will beat them on his own.

Happy days, we are safe.

Let´s hope next season wont resemble this one!
Tackler

Postby 61dicksey on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:14 pm

West Brom will be gone tomorrow if they lose , but it has been obvious for a while.
61dicksey

Postby bubbles1966 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Swansea are away to Man City next week, while Southampton's game v Leicester has been brought forward to Thursday and Stoke play both Burnley and us before Swansea next play a game.
bubbles1966

Location: It's December.....time to forget the serious things...merry Xmas all

Postby Samba on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:28 am

the celestial insect wrote:It's either Southampton or Brighton for that third spot IMO. Brighton have a hideous run in.

I would love it, LOVE IT to be Brighton. Glenn F***ing Murray missing a late sitter :lol:
Sadly, for Saints fans, think it's pretty nailed on now, for Soton.
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Jumby on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:53 am

That Glenn Murray miss was incredible, as was the stat before the game that they were the lowest away goalscorers in the top ten leagues of English football, with 7, 3 coming in one game against us, it had to be us didn't it.
Jumby

Postby Samba on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:57 am

Jumby wrote:That Glenn Murray miss was incredible, as was the stat before the game that they were the lowest away goalscorers in the top ten leagues of English football, with 7, 3 coming in one game against us, it had to be us didn't it.

Exactly!
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Loon on Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:39 am

Nothing for Southampton today.

I've got West Ham 8/1 to win 2-0 on Monday night so I will finish the season on a high if it comes in.

We may not be in a brilliant position but at least we are not Leeds struggling for years to get back up.

I'm thankful for what we've got, it could be a lot worse.
Loon

Postby Hugh Jargon II on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:22 am

Huddersfields self proclaimed miracle has created another twist. If Stoke turn us over tonight things will get edgy again.
A draw will be enough and we have to accept we have some key players out with a poor squad.

I'm far from greatful for what we've got. Embarressed more like. We need at least 7 1st team contenders to become a top 10 team. X that by 3 to fulfil the owners promises.

See the problem? If we don't become the new Leeds this season it's only a matter of time with our awful owners.
Hugh Jargon II

Postby Military Hammer on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:27 am

Loon wrote:Nothing for Southampton today.

I've got West Ham 8/1 to win 2-0 on Monday night so I will finish the season on a high if it comes in.

We may not be in a brilliant position but at least we are not Leeds struggling for years to get back up.

Not sure how you can make that Leeds comparison statement, we ain’t safe yet!!!! If you are thankful for what we have got, it just shows how low the bar has been set now when it should have been “next level” high!!!
Military Hammer

Postby Robbie on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:43 am

Loon wrote:Nothing for Southampton today.

I admire your positive outlook loon, but I can't say that I'm thankful for what we have got. This situation is not just a blip is it? This is the culmination of years of under investment and asset stripping. We are only a rizzla paper away from doing a Leeds, and its getting thinner by the transfer window.
Robbie

Postby prophet:marginal on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:58 am

The only way in reality for us to go down, is for one or more of the teams presently in the bottom three to 'go on a run'.

WBA last won a game when Jesus was a boy.

Southampton have won once in 19 games.

Stoke have won the most, but still less than 20% of their games and have a solitary point to show for their efforts in the last 5 games.

They're all running out of ground on which to launch the run they need.

As Carnage has noted; we simply need to make sure Stoke's run doesn't start on Monday...

...before winning at Arsenal, drawing with City, who will already have won the league, and ending Sam's Everton career in the May sunshine.
prophet:marginal

Postby DasNutNock on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:21 am

prophet:marginal wrote:WBA last won a game when Jesus was a boy.

He only turned 21 a couple weeks ago.
DasNutNock

Postby hammerman11 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:23 am

NOT IF WE BEAT STOKE.

AFTER THAT WE HAVE ARSENAL CITY LEICESTER MANURE AND FAT SAM

I RECKON A FEW MORE POINTS IN THAT LOT 3-6 MAYBE
hammerman11

Postby DasNutNock on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:27 am

I agree with the shouty bloke above.
DasNutNock

Postby hammerman11 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:29 am

yeah sorry about that ! chilled now !
hammerman11

Postby Puff Daddy on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:51 am

I've just had a thought about the Premier League next season and regardless of whoever go's down with West Brom and who else comes up with Wolves, this is going to be yet another crap league once again. We all know who the top four will be, that much is not going to change.The same three or four teams will chase the next four places, although that might get mixed up a bit by a resurgent Newcastle with money to burn and and a chasing pack of Wolves. Beyond that, I can think of quite a few teams who won't do as well as this season and struggles for survival for the usual suspects, including a couple of the newly promoted teams, plus Watford and Brighton into next year's mix and there is always one team every year who had a surprisingly good season the year previous, but does not kick on and struggles the next and my tip for that, is Burnley, especially if they are distracted by European involvement
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby hammerman11 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:05 am

mystic puff what will west ham do ?
hammerman11

Postby Hatcham Iron on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:10 am

Hope we are up for this and not our usual charitable self cos stoke will be giving it everything.Hope we put this shat season to bed with a win but who knows we never seem to make things easy for ourselves.We as a crowd need to get behind the team big time aka the good nights at the Boleyn "COME ON YOU IRONS" :crest:
Hatcham Iron

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion