West Ham Utd 2-0 Watford (10/02/18)

An archive of match day threads originally posted in the General Discussion forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Re: West Ham Utd v Watford: match thread

Postby TheHandOfDog on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:50 pm

thejackhammer wrote:I hate Moyes, he’s too defensive, away at Huddersfield and Stoke playing a back five, totally gave them the upper hand!

And don’t get me started on the home game with Chelsea. Give me a 3-1 loss where we have a go over a 1-0 win any day of the week!

And to have the audacity to only get a draw against in form Crystal Palace with half a team missing, well.

Hi, we just lost 3-1 to Brighton with 6+ defenders on the pitch. Brighton, 3-1. Brighton. Brighton. 3-1 hammering, could have been 6. Brighton by the way. 3-1 Brighton and we didn't have a go.
TheHandOfDog

Postby Burnley Hammer on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:01 pm

We simply need to show a strong desire to win, unlike the last match. We can discuss tactics and formations all we want but that wasn't the reason we were crap against Brighton. The players heads weren't right, and that's hardly surprising considering what's going on at the club. Moyes said that the players were unaffected but I find that very hard to believe. The belief just want there. Brighton were the only team that looked like they wanted the points. We looked jaded at best, scared at worst. Unless that changes, expect more of the same.
Burnley Hammer

Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Postby thejackhammer on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:09 pm

TheHandOfDog wrote:Hi, we just lost 3-1 to Brighton with 6+ defenders on the pitch. Brighton, 3-1. Brighton. Brighton. 3-1 hammering, could have been 6. Brighton by the way. 3-1 Brighton and we didn't have a go.

1 goal better than St. Bilic (who I liked by the way)

A lot of people didn’t like Moyes from the get go, so every defeat is over dramatised, yes it was an awful performance, but our last away game against Huddersfield was awesome. We dust ourselves down and we go again.

Crouchend I can appreciate because at least he’s consistent, for the past three managers he’s hated any sort of defensive performance. I don’t agree with him but at least there’s clearly not an agenda.
thejackhammer

Postby HammerInMaryland on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Stinking with the 3-5-2 I would guess:

-------------------Adrian-----------------------
---------Fonte-Ogbonna-Rice-------------
Zaba-Kouyate-Noble-Mario-Cresswell
---------Hernandez-Antonio---------------

Hopefully Arnie able to come on and play 30 minutes for Antonio. We need a result no doubt, hope the boys are prepared. Seems to me a good team to try to hit on the counter as they will poor forward.
HammerInMaryland

Postby prophet:marginal on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:01 pm

HammerInMaryland wrote:Stinking with the 3-5-2 I would guess

I smell a rat!
prophet:marginal

Postby Puff Daddy on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Gomez will play out of his skin
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby Samba on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:31 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:Gomez will play out of his skin

True Puff. He normally plays like Gordon Banks everytime they play us.
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby johnnyb on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:33 pm

Hernandez double wins it for us. Dreamt it last night. Both goals from 2 yards out at the Bobby end 2nd half.
johnnyb

Postby Irrons on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:55 pm

And Gomes?
Irrons

Postby Sir_Trevor on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:09 pm

Irrons wrote:And Gomes?

I believe that they are both injured anyway. Not playing tonight.
Sir_Trevor

Postby Irrons on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:46 pm

Watford 1 nil up against ten man Chelsea...they'll get a lift from this if they win, just in time to roll up at ours
Irrons

Postby johnnyb on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:50 pm

Irrons wrote:Watford 1 nil up against ten man Chelsea...they'll get a lift from this if they win, just in time to roll up at ours

****ing Chelsea.
johnnyb

Postby Hamadking on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:59 pm

That Delifoliu lad looks a bit alright, shame we didn't try to sign him, oh hold on we probably bid 55 million, waiting for the DS of BS to announce it.If wafter play like that against us we will be in for a long afternoon.
Hamadking

Postby West Ham Matt on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:50 pm

We will get spanked by this lot, I know Chelsea have been **** and down to 10 men all game, but we are still worse than this Chelsea .
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington

Postby Gsbgsb on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:13 pm

Hamadking wrote:That Delifoliu lad looks a bit alright, shame we didn't try to sign him, oh hold on we probably bid 55 million, waiting for the DS of BS to announce it.If wafter play like that against us we will be in for a long afternoon.

He is on loan at Watford, good player but can blow a bit hot and cold. Doucoure and Capoue are the two that made them tick tonight, bossed everything. Pace, power, excellent passing and pretty useful in the tackle. Play like that and our midfield will struggle.

Cannot see Hernandez getting anything out of their centre backs either. Might be better off with Antonio playing through the middle.
Gsbgsb

Postby Noble Man on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Wasn't overly confident about Saturday........ now i'm bricking it!!
Noble Man

Postby GALF on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Every time I've watched Doucoure this year he has been brilliant. Great bit of quality getting the ball out of his feet and out to Deulofeu for the third goal. They purred at times tonight, somewhat reminiscent of us at times when everything clicked in the Payet season.

I was fully behind them tonight then remembered at 4-1 they were our next opponents.
GALF

Postby WoodgateHammer on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:37 pm

Well this will be interesting even more so now.....it was a massive six pointer before now we need to win just to stay in touch, could be well in the shyte if other results go against us and the same Watford turn up......
WoodgateHammer

Postby trevshead10may1980 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:54 pm

We're doomed Captain Mainwaring
trevshead10may1980

Postby rsnwhu on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:13 am

Stoke play Brighton, so if we fail to pick up points, deeper we go. We need Bournemouth to beat Huddersfield.
Swansea have Burnley and Palace have a winnable game against a slumping Everton.
rsnwhu

PreviousNext

Return to KUMB Match Threads