Patrice Evra free transfer

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Patrice Evra free transfer

Postby BrownFatwa on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:41 pm

If indeed the bloke is on 75k pw then I'm even more pissed off than before .man absolute joke, who the **** authorised this, a total waste of £1m even if we lob him off at the end of the season.
The bloke is nigh 37, was piss poor by all accounts at OM and hasn't played in 3 months. To cap it all he attacked his own fans.
He's covering a position we are stocked up at and what will Rice etc make of some old dad coming in to rake his potential place directly or indirectly. And how will any of ten squad feel that are earning less than 75k?
Utter b*llocks to talk about he'll be great in the dressing room and is a 'winner' - bring in a ****ing entertainer or mr motivator for the dressing room at £75 an hour and when has signing 'winners' EVER made us better on the pitch? Eg Pearce, Winterburn, Arbeloa etc.

Ta complete and utter waste of time and potentially a bad influence on the younger players.
We are a complete and utter **** fest of footballing incompetence summed up by this shambolic signing.

The only thing that makes sense is Moyes thinks that by playing Evra at LB it will encourage other teams to focus on our piss poor flanks and not play through us in our non-existent centre midfield/ DM. Great plan, Zab and Evra as FBs will curb any pacey threat on the wings.

****ing joke - I bet he plays less minutes than Arbeloa, our last champions league winner!

We never ****ing learn under this **** mob.
BrownFatwa

Postby goa127 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:53 pm

BrownFatwa wrote:If indeed the bloke is on 75k pw then I'm even more pissed off than before .man absolute joke, who the **** authorised this, a total waste of £1m even if we lob him off at the end of the season.
The bloke is nigh 37, was piss poor by all accounts at OM and hasn't played in 3 months. To cap it all he attacked his own fans.
He's covering a position we are stocked up at and what will Rice etc make of some old dad coming in to rake his potential place directly or indirectly. And how will any of ten squad feel that are earning less than 75k?
Utter b*llocks to talk about he'll be great in the dressing room and is a 'winner' - bring in a ****ing entertainer or mr motivator for the dressing room at £75 an hour and when has signing 'winners' EVER made us better on the pitch? Eg Pearce, Winterburn, Arbeloa etc.

Ta complete and utter waste of time and potentially a bad influence on the younger players.
We are a complete and utter **** fest of footballing incompetence summed up by this shambolic signing.

The only thing that makes sense is Moyes thinks that by playing Evra at LB it will encourage other teams to focus on our piss poor flanks and not play through us in our non-existent centre midfield/ DM. Great plan, Zab and Evra as FBs will curb any pacey threat on the wings.

****ing joke - I bet he plays less minutes than Arbeloa, our last champions league winner!

We never ****ing learn under this **** mob.

Not in favour then? :D
goa127

Postby thejackhammer on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:38 pm

From Moyes’ presser it sounds like this was his signing.

Good enough for me.
thejackhammer

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:42 pm

BrownFatwa wrote:I

Not sure why you think he will be a bad influence on our youngsters?
I would hazard a guess he has a wealth of experience and knowledge to pass on. You don't become captain of manchester United and your country if you are not a leader and someone to look up to

He had one incident later in his career, likely after intense provocation. I doubt he is going to be passing that on to our youngsters
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby BrownFatwa on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:20 pm

^^^^
Try telling that to Rice who is likely to be benched so this washed up tart can try and earn his £75k.
BrownFatwa

Postby Scarhead on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:He had one incident later in his career, likely after intense provocation.

Moyes said in his presser he spoke to Evra about the incident and after what he learned what was said by the fan, Moyes had no issue with the way he reacted.
Scarhead

Postby MD_HM on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:00 pm

BrownFatwa wrote:^^^^
Try telling that to Rice who is likely to be benched so this washed up tart can try and earn his £75k.

Rice should be our second CB on the teamsheet after Ogbonna... it’s a travesty that Cresswell gets ahead of him let alone Evra.

I’ve missed a few pages, has Moyes said Evra will play CB? I presumed taking spit the dog’s place in the team.
MD_HM

Postby Denzil on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Just like Hugill, let's give him a few games before throwing him under the bus!
Denzil

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:33 pm

Denzil wrote:Just like Hugill, let's give him a few games before throwing him under the bus!

No. REAL fans will be booing both well in advance of their first appearance.
DasNutNock

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:02 am

So this plonker is probably starting tomorrow?

Actually might make a home game worth watching....
rare as rockinghorse shat

Location: Sponsor my SkyDive for Mind - mental health - http://bit.ly/rars-skydive

Postby Nawtle Iron on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:57 am

I just saw the video on the official site with Chicharito speaking about the addition of Evra to the squad. He spoke highly of Evra and said that they got on well during their time together at Man U. If this signing boosts Chicha's morale, and helps him to keep (start) producing up top, it will prove to be a clever move.

Maybe grasping at straws...
Nawtle Iron

Postby Jumby on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:00 am

I'd rather have Declan Rice at left centre back, getting experience and learning whilst putting in decent enough performances, than have Cresswell fail there or a 36 year old attacking left back, that hasn't played in three months, have a go at it. It just seems daft to do anything other than play Rice there, given the options.
Jumby

Postby MrR3NO on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:15 am

Denzil wrote:Just like Hugill, let's give him a few games before throwing him under the bus!

No. REAL fans will be booing both well in advance of their first appearance.[/quote]

I disagree that "real fans" boo players before they even kick a ball for our club. Let's gear up and support the boys as we are in a tough stretch and the players need the fans to kick on and get 3 points against Watford. :crest:
MrR3NO

Postby thal on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:35 am

Knighter10WHU wrote:
Hardly, we only have Cresswell who can play all 3 of those positions. Ogbonna could play LB at a push but it's far from ideal. Masuaku can only play LWB because he can't defend. Evra is a good option for the squad.

You've just named three players. Now name our defensive midfield options...

It's nothing against Evra, hopefully he proves to be better than the current options in that position and the team is improved as a result. But I'm still pissed that the obvious problem in the team wasn't addressed and I'm pretty sure Evra is an attempt to appease the fans because the owners know they made a total **** up of that transfer window.
thal

Postby MadMart on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:31 am

I've said before that this desperate deal is all Sully's work and is possibly a more stupid deal than signing Joe Hart was. I wish PE all the best and he has my full support as a West Ham player, BUT he will cost us points with his lack of fitness - he hasn't kicked a ball yet but I guarantee he will flop. MysticMart
MadMart

Postby hammerman11 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:34 am

If he takes rice`s place then we are a joke and will cost us.

bad enough having slo mo zabaleta on the right but to add another old player to the team is suicide.

sub appearance at best for cresswell. when we want to defend a lead maybe

rice starts ahead of him for me
hammerman11

Postby hadleighhammer on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:05 am

Have we seriously wasted £75k/week and a signing on fee for this 37 year old **** playing in about the only position we actually have options for :?

We must have the oldest and slowest defence in the football league.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Postby hammer1975 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:19 am

Only at West Ham could everyone be upset that we have three left backs yet it’s one of the priority positions to actually sign someone capable in that position in the summer.
hammer1975

Postby Snorrimon on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:04 am

We have no long term player recruitment strategy - changing that is almost certainly going to require a change of ownership, which is hopefully closer than we might have thought, but isn't going to happen in the immediate future. If we accept grudgingly that this is the case, there are worse short term signings we could have made... I'm always for clutching at straws, so as other have alluded to above, passing on words of wisdom, making Chicha happier, having something to prove might all just have a positive impact...
Snorrimon

Postby damiant on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:54 am

call me old fashioned but i just trust david moyes to pick his strongest side to win a football match based on his day to day working with the squad :crest:
damiant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion