One last summer

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

One last summer

Postby ironilunga on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:54 am

I am a West Ham fan who has been prepared to give West Ham United owners as much time as possible to make the changes they have promised. For me this means a step up in quality in terms of playing personnel and gradually reducing the points deficit between us and the top 6.

I had anticipated a stronger summer window in 2017 but we still got players such as Arne, Zaba and Hernandez which gave me some hope of better things to come.

For me the stars are now aligning for our owners to either put up or shut up (shop). They either back our manager with substantial funds or get out. Moyes for me is a manager who is more complete and versatile than Sam or Slav. He is almost an amalgamation or the best bits of both and the person we have been waiting for to usher a new and more ambitious era.

So we have a manager who ticks a lot of boxes and seemingly a cash mountain from moving players on from the past two windows along with increased revenue from the stadium move (albeit modest).

So here it is for me. Summer 2018 or bust. Either a statement of intent by the owners or I finally join the ranks of the disenchanted.
ironilunga

Re: One last summer

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:56 am

^^^

I love your optimism, but they have had plenty of chances to put things right, but have come up short every time.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby Colours never run on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:57 am

Around £60m Transfer Net spend, then I'm listening. Otherwise they can **** off.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Rocket on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:59 am

Enough is enough, time to go.

GSB out.

See you on 10th March.
Rocket

Postby somerset-hammer on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:06 am

Is this not the exact reaction they are looking for from the fans?

Fans: "Sack the board, sack the board, there's no way back for them now..."

Sullivan releases statement

Fans: "Well ok just one more chance, but if they don't keep their promises this time, I will definitely want them out!"

If he does make changes that are good for the club, then good, so he should.

But the fact remains that they are not fit to run the club no matter what they do going forward the damage has been done, they have been rattled and if anything now is the time to crank up the pressure on them even more!
somerset-hammer

Postby hammers92 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:14 am

We are the biggest laughing stock in the Premier League, stop giving them chance after chance.
hammers92

Postby sicknote on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:18 am

It is the exact reaction they are looking for

But from a poster on this forum who has continually rubbished, mocked and dismissed most threads that have questioned the direction of the owners of this club and their motives, so I will take it with the pinch of salt it deserves and ignore it, if in doubt read the OP’s previous posts,

Sadly we will have a month more of this type of thread, trying to quell the momentum of the march and discredit its validity

Pity as a positive outcome from the March will benefit all West Ham United fans
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Postby BARKING IRON on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 am

I’ll be honest I read that article on Saturday and thought ok maybe they are listening and will change coupled with a win and my fickleness came out a little. Then the stubborn b*stard side of me came out and said this should of happened the first summer window we left the Boleyn or the January window before when we were sat in 4th and the best chance in my lifetime of a top 4 finish they are never going to change it’s in there DNA. All this nonsense about they saved us they saw the golden egg of the olympics a once in a lifetime opportunity that let’s face it any half competent business man would of exploited for there own financial gain, the problem is they could have played hardball with the government and had our best interests at heart they didn’t they set there stool out for the stadium on day 1 and would of accepted any deal regardless of supporter experience and when I think of that, that is the reason why me and my old man will be marching on the 10th “you sold our soul for a soulless bowl” should be what the t-shirts read.
BARKING IRON

Postby Tenbury on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 am

I respect this point of view, but how tolerant are you?
They've had their chances.They won't spend anything significant that's not what they bought our club for.
Forget it.
Tenbury

Postby Patito on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:51 am

Rocket wrote:Enough is enough, time to go.

GSB out.

See you on 10th March.
Patito

Postby ironilunga on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:57 am

sicknote wrote:But from a poster on this forum who has continually rubbished, mocked and dismissed most threads that have questioned the direction of the owners of this club and their motives, so I will take it with the pinch of salt it deserves and ignore it, if in doubt read the OP’s previous posts

What emotional nonsense.

Sorry if my views are not entirely matched to yours. However, this as far as I am aware, remains a forum for differing views and opinion as opposed to joining up to a herd of sheep who have to be ushered in the same direction opinions wise.

I have never been pulled up for disrespecting another persons view on here and for you to suggest otherwise is emotional and attention seeking rubbish.
ironilunga

Postby Mr_Skid on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:02 am

You sound like a guy in a relationship who knows his partner is cheating on him and doesn't love him but u are holding out for that slim chance things will turn around.

They wont!
Mr_Skid

Postby Billydinho on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:25 am

And when they shaft us again in the Summer what excuse will you buy to back them again?
Billydinho

Postby ironilunga on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 am

Billydinho wrote:And when they shaft us again in the Summer what excuse will you buy to back them again?

Point being, there will not be one.

For so many reasons it is now or never. Likes of Arne and Lanzini will not stick around if they do not see the club progressing.and adding quality.

Lets see.
ironilunga

Postby the pink palermo on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:36 am

@ the OP, you're not the bloke that came back waving a bit of paper saying peace in our time are you ?

They've had more than enough chances to right their wrongs, the time for prevarication and delay is long over.

Quite simply they are not going to invest appropriately, because they never have.

The message should be clear , in the name of God go !

( History students will see what I've done there).
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby ironilunga on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 am

the pink palermo wrote:History students will see what I've done there)

As will drama students.
ironilunga

Postby OFT on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 am

In a relationship almost anything can be tolerated until the trust is lost.
It's too late for them, they've lost almost all of their 'believers' even those of us who foolishly thought they were 'right for our club'.
They've abused and lost our trust.
They have to go.
OFT

Postby Colours never run on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:42 am

ironilunga wrote:

For so many reasons it is now or never. Likes of Arne and Lanzini will not stick around if they do not see the club progressing.and adding quality.

Lets see.

Make you right. If they can't change their ways or deliver what they intimated all along after all the justified agg they've received and will continue to receive when the march happens, then they will deserve all the stick they get and some.

Say for arguments sake, they do get their **** together and get in the necessary recruiting structure and more of the right kind of quality players in the summer then it would go towards making amends for a lot of their wrongs in the past of false promises. Balls in their court and I can understand why there are those like iron ilunga who would be prepared to give them 1 more chance to prove they are up to the job of signing the kinds of players we all want.

1 things for sure though and that's nothing will stop us marching on the 10th to make our point loud and clear once and for all.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby BondsoBob on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:44 am

The sad truth is that they are not going anywhere soon and they are not about to change their business model either.
So we are stuck with them and more of the same until that mega rich Russian ogliach/Saud oil billionaire/Chinese consortium come along.
BondsoBob

Postby Rocket on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:55 am

ironilunga wrote:

Lets see.

The likes of Ba and Parker will not stick around if they don't see the club progressing. Let's see.
Green won't stick around if he doesn't see the club progressing. Let's see.
Payet won't stick around if he doesn't see the club progressing. Let's see.

The only reason this list is so short is because their investment has been so piss-poor!

Enough is enough, time to go.

GSB out.

See you on 10th March.
Rocket

Next

Return to General Discussion