Payet treats young hammer with trip to France

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Payet treats young hammer with trip to France

Postby EssexIron on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:04 pm

EssexIron

Re: Payet treats young hammer with trip to France

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:11 pm

Can’t knock him here can you? Fair play Dimi :thup:
Cockneyboy311

Postby Colours never run on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:55 am

Fantastic PR work, Payet/Agent.. :thup:

You ain't fooling me though you ****ing worm. **** him. That being said, glad the lad enjoyed himself.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Georgee Paris on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:54 am

Well out of order stealing our fans.
Georgee Paris

Postby sutts07 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:10 am

What a strange (but nice) story.

Maybe he wants to come back to us again??

One year here, one year there, another here, and then back there... etc...

Sullivan won’t like it, goes against his claims that Payet is not a nice guy, just a horrible snake who forced his way out of our club!

Interesting timing of this strange little tale.
sutts07

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:20 am

Georgee Paris wrote:Well out of order stealing our fans.

:)

This is a nice story. Good on Dimitri - classy stuff.
DaveWHU1964

Postby S-H on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:22 am

Do you reckon we can get Payet back here on loan to replace Arnie and Lanzini, in the summer?
S-H

Postby szola on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:34 am

I've always liked Payet
szola

Postby Lt. Discussion on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:39 am

I'd be embarrassed if I was his Dad. The man gave me one of the best seasons ever but he was a disgrace. I'd have beaten any admiration he had out if him.

I know. Proper father of the year material me. Nice gesture Dimi but a bit late
Lt. Discussion

Postby Hayden on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:46 am

When he left I despised him. How can a snake have no spine I thought to myselr?

Lately I’ve been wondering about what was constantly fed to him (not a joke about him being overweight when he left). He was Sullivan’s prize asset; we know what lies he tells the fans you can imagine what bull**** he would have spun to Payet to try and appease him. New players, better contracts, silverware. Couple the fact that it’s no secret Payet isn’t the most disciplined person with Bilic having basically no fitness regime and a very relaxed training schedule and it’s not hard to see why things went sour. If I had David Sullivan as my chairman I’d want to leave and I am a West Ham fan (I struggle with it on Football Manager :lol: ). There are two sides obviously - we paid him a LOT, gave him new contracts, put him on a pedestal so it’s not ultimately excusable, just a bit more understandable.

Regardless of whether it was for PR or whatever; this is a class act and it doesn’t matter one bit to the little kid in question what the motives were; it would have been a memory to savour for his life. Good on you Payet; I hope you told him how sorry you were as you probably broke his heart when you left. I know, I felt the same way Mido left.
Hayden

Postby Mega Ron on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:49 am

Lt. Discussion wrote:I'd be embarrassed if I was his Dad. The man gave me one of the best seasons ever but he was a disgrace. I'd have beaten any admiration he had out if him.

Or perhaps he was right to say **** you to the Daves.

In fact if he were still here he might be rescuing us on a regular basis and the Dildo Brothers might still be getting away with it.
Mega Ron

Postby Hayden on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:54 am

Lt. Discussion wrote:I'd be embarrassed if I was his Dad. The man gave me one of the best seasons ever but he was a disgrace. I'd have beaten any admiration he had out if him.

It’s no mean feat coming on to a Payet forum on KUMB and making yourself look worse than the man in question but congratulations, you did it!
Hayden

Postby Sawbo on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:57 am

Or perhaps he was right to say **** you to the Daves.

In fact if he were still here he might be rescuing us on a regular basis and the Dildo Brothers might still be getting away with it.[/quote]

No doubt he acted disgracefully, and it's inexcusable, but maybe that "paragon of morality and truth" Sully made the similar promises to Payet as he did to us:
"We'll build a world class team around you, we're signing X and Y, blah blah blah"
Sawbo

Postby S-H on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:57 am

:eh:
S-H

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:07 am

It doesn't matter what promises were made to him. He was happy to sign a long contract for a lower mid table club in summer 2015. We then gave him the oportunity to showcase his skills that gave him the chance to get back in thr French team, leading to his crowning moment at the Euros. He then went on strike before the length of that original contract would have expired.

Our mistake was not selling him in summer of 2016 for 50m. As soon as Payet didn't get his own way he reverted to type

His personal issue didn't help matters either.

A footballer on 80k or whatever it is going on strike is unacceptable whatever the circumstances.

Nice gesture this though all the same
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby hammers92 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am

We had a player that became the 17th best player in the world while playing for us, sold him for £25 million and replaced him with Robert Snodgrass, bought for £6 million, now on loan at Aston Villa. I cannot get that out of my head, really infuriates me.
hammers92

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am

Edit: double post.
Last edited by DaveWHU1964 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaveWHU1964

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:30 am

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:It doesn't matter what promises were made to him. He was happy to sign a long contract for a lower mid table club in summer 2015....

It does matter.

If you sign a contract on the basis that the place work that you shine in and carry doesn’t intend to continue be “lower mid” but intends to aim for the “next level” and then once you’ve signed up to their apparent ‘vision’ brings in a couple of mediocre temps rather than the top quality professionals they’d promised younthen it really does matter. If that happened to me and it was clear that my employers had sold me a line to get what they want but clearly lacked ambition I’d want out.

Chalks and Jinxed, who evidently have the inside track have both previously referred to unkept promises. People can choose to disbelieve them if they want but most will take their words for it as trusted sources.

That doesn’t excuse Payet’s stroppiness / refusal to play. From the ITKs it also sounds like there were personal reasons that may have meant he’d have left anyway even had we signed Bacca, Lacazette, etc

Anyone (not you Crouchie) continuing to see him as a 100% in the wrong pantomime villain is being too simplistic / wide of the mark imho.
DaveWHU1964

Postby Hayden on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:31 am

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:It doesn't matter what promises were made to him. He was happy to sign a long contract for a lower mid table club in summer 2015.

If you go for an interview for a job where they made you lots of promises that they fail to follow through on when you're in post; you're probably going to be looking elsewhere in a short time.
Hayden

Postby Lt. Discussion on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:32 am

It’s no mean feat coming on to a Payet forum on KUMB and making yourself look worse than the man in question but congratulations, you did it![/quote]
How? Some short memories here no? My daughter who is younger than this kid adored Dimi but even she realised what a disgrace he was. With no encouragement from me she knew what an @rse he was.

How that makes me worse than him I don't know.
Lt. Discussion

Next

Return to General Discussion