Payet treats young hammer with trip to France

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Payet treats young hammer with trip to France

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:01 pm

simonirons wrote:The guy watched the board bottle a Jan spend that would of made a push for 4th... FOURTH!

He was making assists with rabona’s from the corner flag before the window closed and seemed happy...

To me. - It’s clear he see through the BS and got out. - I wouldn’t even be surprised if that “other story” was put out there by the club to cover all bases in justifying the sale.

x2 posters on here who know a lot better then me have more or less said the same.

The third paragraph is all well and good. But why did it have to be marseille, and no one else, and why did it have to be then and there in January?

The 'other' story was definitely a factor in his decision
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby simonirons on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:10 pm

Maybe. - the guys only human, after 18 months away from home being sold a lie, maybe he wanted to go “home” - maybe the mrs fuckin hated London and didn’t want to try and settle elsewhere again.

(Edit) I just think if he had been the rat he’s been painted to be by the board, we would have heard a bit more from the playing staff by now.
Last edited by simonirons on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
simonirons

Postby sicknote on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 pm

I know you are being careful lads

And appreciate it

But i think we are staying off topic and dangerously towards someone, and im not suggesting you boys, posting something libellous

The gesture payet made to the young west ham fan should be paramount in this debate

Cheers

:kumb:
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Postby simonirons on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 pm

I remember he had an interview stating it was when we was celebrating a draw against a club near the bottom of the table (the woodwork was the motm) he realised it was time to get out.

Just maybe he saw the wood through the trees and realised it was the boards doing as opposed to the manager and players.

If true he was desperate for us to sign Moses, it was hardly being unrealistic was it?
simonirons

Postby simonirons on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:16 pm

sicknote wrote:I know you are being careful..

:kumb:

Understood :thup:
simonirons

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 pm

Fair play
Nothing more from me on this
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby jastons on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Since 2012, Payet has more assists than Ozil and Ronaldo. Only 14 less than Messi. I still can't believe we had a player that good at our club and lost him.

I think it's a great gesture from Payet, that boy will be over the moon and have a story to tell for years.
jastons

Postby Hayden on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:56 pm

chalks wrote:Still thought very highly of by the players

By his ex-teammates, I assume you mean? I always thought it was said that his teammates had grown pretty annoyed by his actions (and I could completely understand that) - not trying or having any dedication when he was the one the fans were singing for; or was that further spin fed to us by the powers that be? (I wouldn't be surprised, sadly!)
Hayden

Postby simonirons on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:59 pm

The closest I’ve seen to hard feeling from the players or ex manager was Antonio saying he hadn’t spoke to him for a week (his last week at Whufc) - considering he was ordered to train with the kids, it’s hardly damming.
simonirons

Postby simon1982 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:28 pm

wildkard wrote:Christ almighty not this again.

Like an ex bird.
simon1982

Postby simonirons on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:49 am

Whilst I agree it’s dredging up old sh*t, it would be interesting to hear posters views knowing that it’s the majority of us that now feel hoodwinked
simonirons

Postby chigwells finest on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:53 pm

irrespective of how it ended , that 2015/16 gave us memories , that we wont forget , those free kicks vs palace and utd , to name but 2 , the excitement of watching him , week in week out , i also dont think ive ever seen a better dead ball merchant since beckham .
chigwells finest

Postby sutts07 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Not a Payet sympathiser by any means... but... I am now loathed to believe a single f**king word fed to me by Sullivan, past or present.

Did he really go on strike? Was he really treated fairly? Were there personal reasons behind the move?

Jury is massively out, even more so when you see gestures such as this from the lad.
sutts07

Postby Jedi Al Khalaas on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:09 pm

it funny but we really need a good DM right now.
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...

Postby djclipz on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:47 pm

ahhh to be young and have a hero that is a footballer. Shame when he is older he'll think they are all overpaid ***** :lol:

This was a nice gesture though
djclipz

Postby GALF on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:11 pm

The fact that this guy has been given a harder ride than Sakho will always baffle me.

He excited me more than any other player I've seen since following this club (albeit I'm a younger fan) and I'll never forget that.

He acted up and it was unacceptable but on the Sakhospectrum he is tame.
GALF

Postby monkeyhanger on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:15 am

I think we will be waiting a very long time for another West Ham player to be nominated for the Ballon d'Or if ever. I still love the guy for lighting up my life for a season and a half. Even in the first half of the 2016/17 season he gave us the last gasp free kick against Accrington in the cup, the superb goal against Boro where he beat about six players, the previously mentioned rabona assist from the corner flag for Antonios header and I have sad memories of his final goal; from a free kick at Anfield. We were all behind the goal and went nuts. Whatever his issues with the club or outside it he was a true quality player and deserves our admiration for all the fantastic memories he gave us.
monkeyhanger

Previous

Return to General Discussion