Payet treats young hammer with trip to France

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Payet treats young hammer with trip to France

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:31 am

Mega Ron wrote:
They pretty much both went on strike but their clubs, as they aren't run by **** for brains ****wits like ours, played it down.

Coutinho came back playing, put a shift in and as a result Liverpool got an extra €60m million for him.

Mahrez played all last season. Yes he has acted like a bit of tit this transfer window, but is still in the squad and will likely play for the rest of the season when he will get a well deserved move that will suit all parties, and not a move that suited D.Payet and no-one else
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby Albie Beck on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:00 pm

Crouchie, but as far as I'm aware neither of those two were lied to and led up the path in the same way as we think Payet was. It would change the dynamic completely, as Mahrez has now been alluding to after the most recent window. Certainly a lot less amicable than it was...
Albie Beck

Postby BostonHammer on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Hammer1972 wrote:Spin?

Slav was quoted as saying he refused to play wasn't he? I know who I believe...

If you were told you'd have a new state of the art office and a couple new elite coworkers and your office ends up being a ghostly toilet bowl and your new elite coworkers aren't elite at all but rather increased your workload would you stay at that job?
BostonHammer

Postby Rio on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:23 pm

I'd have Dimi back like a shot.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby Mega Ron on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Me too.
Mega Ron

Postby szola on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm

I'd even ask if he could bring a friend
szola

Postby fmgod on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:42 pm

Class player, best player at the Euro 2016 but also a total and utter idiot, as proven why he ended up at us and then back at OM, a leopard never changes it spots and he hasn't his whole career or he would've achieved far more.

To be honest Thauvin is knocking spots off him currently at OM

Watched a lot of OM the season or two before we signed him, was always a cracking player, badly wanted Batshuyai too and Gignac is a good striker. Imbula looked like he would go to the top too.
fmgod

Postby Macca1973 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:02 pm

szola wrote:I've always liked Payet

Ditto. That salute complete with cheeky smile after scoring at Palace is one of my favourite ever West Ham memories and regardless of what some may say I still love him!
Macca1973

Postby Denzil on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:14 pm

Lt. Discussion wrote:How? Some short memories here no? My daughter who is younger than this kid adored Dimi but even she realised what a disgrace he was. With no encouragement from me she knew what an @rse he was.

How that makes me worse than him I don't know.

Alright Dave calm down
Denzil

Postby Harry Hound on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:51 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Mahrez played all last season. Yes he has acted like a bit of tit this transfer window, but is still in the squad and will likely play for the rest of the season when he will get a well deserved move that will suit all parties, and not a move that suited D.Payet and no-one else

Payet essentially went up against the board and called them out on their lies. They may initially have been able to spin the story in their favour, called him a money grabbing cxxnt and got many to hate him. However, he actually left for less money and forfeited a huge bonus in the process. The board lied to him (and us) and tried to stitch him up but now I hope that most of us see them for the lying shysters they are.
Harry Hound

Location: "just a came from nowhere and going straight back there!"

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:18 pm

Harry Hound wrote:[

Payet essentially went up against the board and called them out on their lies. They may initially have been able to spin the story in their favour, called him a money grabbing cxxnt and got many to hate him. However, he actually left for less money and forfeited a huge bonus in the process. The board lied to him (and us) and tried to stitch him up but now I hope that most of us see them for the lying shysters they are.

My opinion of the board has no bearing on my opinion of Payet tbf

Regardless of the situation, he went on strike
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby Mega Ron on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Yeah people who go on strike are scum.
Mega Ron

Postby Eggs'n'nuts on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Don't know about anyone else, but if I was that lad's Dad, I would of been trying to get some "off the record" info out of Dimi...............Even if was in very broken English or very pigeon French!
Eggs'n'nuts

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:55 pm

Mega Ron wrote:Yeah people who go on strike are scum.

I have not called him scum. I wouldnt because I hate that word. I am sure he is a perfectly decebt bloke

Nurses who strike because that hey get treated like **** have my full support, as do the fire brigade, as woukd the miners in the miners in the 80s if I was old enough

A footballer earning 100k a week who suddenly decides things aren't goilng quite as as he woukd like/ as he expected, certainly doesn't . Especially as he made it clear it was marseille and marswille only. I wonder why that was?
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby nilinho on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:13 pm

I’d have him back.
nilinho

Postby chalks on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Still thought very highly of by the players
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Postby Mega Ron on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:A footballer earning 100k a week who suddenly decides things aren't goilng quite as as he woukd like/ as he expected, certainly doesn't . Especially as he made it clear it was marseille and marswille only. I wonder why that was?

Because that's where he wanted to go.
Mega Ron

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:34 pm

Why was he so set on Marseille (to the extent he woukd be prepared to go on strike) a relatively poor team (given other teams who woukd have been interested), if his only issue was west ham not building a team to be successful?

There was another big factor involved

Anyway. All old ground.
We will just have to agree to disagree on our opinion of him
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby CMNinja on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:51 pm

chalks wrote:Still thought very highly of by the players

If the colleagues he 'let down' still think highly of him then it does suggest he might not deserve the vitriol.

Wasn't there a third string tho - wasn't his family struggling to settle here and his wife desperately wanted to go home? Playing for us was his job not his vocation; he could've handled it much better but I can't hate him for wanting to make his family happy. The fact he invited this kid over suggests he still has some appreciation for our support - it's too late to be a face-saving PR move.
CMNinja

Postby simonirons on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:56 pm

The guy watched the board bottle a Jan spend that would of made a push for 4th... FOURTH!

He was making assists with rabona’s from the corner flag before the window closed and seemed happy...

To me. - It’s clear he see through the BS and got out. - I wouldn’t even be surprised if that “other story” was put out there by the club to cover all bases in justifying the sale.

x2 posters on here who know a lot better then me have more or less said the same & I have not heard the (ex) manager or players lay into him once. - a great player who had the chance to get out, took it.
simonirons

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion