Payet treats young hammer with trip to France

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Payet treats young hammer with trip to France

Postby Denzil on Thu May 17, 2018 8:48 am

Felt bad for him walking off in floods of tears last night. I don't get the hatred for him, he didn't leave for money, he could have had the pick of pretty much any club in world football including clubs offering higher level football and much higher wages. All he wanted was to go home yes he could have gone about it in a much more dignified manner but if he didn't push it would it have happened? Who knows with our owners.

I'll never forget the last season at Upton Park and that is largely down to him. I still like him, a lot. That may not be the popular vote amongst us but it is what it is.

Hope he makes the world cup as that is where the top players should be, but not looking good from his reaction last night.
Denzil

Postby James P on Thu May 17, 2018 8:55 am

I’m not sure he’d have gone to the World Cup anyway but a shame to get an injury like that in such a big game.
James P

Postby Lovejoy2 on Thu May 17, 2018 9:51 am

Seems I'm the minority in taking pleasure from seeing him in tears!

I get what you're all saying and yes he was a special player, but the way he behaved didn't bode well, the whole Marseille thing was pretty fishy IMO even with other players they sold and re-signed etc.
Lovejoy2

Postby DannyboyDJL on Thu May 17, 2018 10:06 am

Still love the guy. I'd say I enjoy watching him over any other player in world football. I don't even mind he left us, we signed Ashley Fletcher and Calleri ffs.

Good luck to him.
DannyboyDJL

Postby Ben on Thu May 17, 2018 10:13 am

gave us an amazing end to our real home and I'll always think fondly of him.
looking where we are now, with that stadium and our owners who can blame him wanting out when he did?
so obvious he was lied to about their intentions to build a decent team too
Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby HammerMan2004 on Thu May 17, 2018 10:27 am

I had hoped he would light up the final last night so when it's written in the history books I could say "he played for us".
HammerMan2004

Postby HammerMan2004 on Thu May 17, 2018 10:28 am

Ben wrote:who can blame him wanting out when he did?

Large majority of fans seem to have jumped ship and stopped going to games around the same time he did also. :o
HammerMan2004

Postby chigwells finest on Thu May 17, 2018 10:57 am

westham,eggyandchips wrote:I think the Euro's killed us. He was one of the stand out performers of that tournament and I dare say he got his head turned by a few clubs.

he was completely knackered by the time france got to the semi finals , hardly did anything those 2 games

still the best player we've seen in 18-20 years here
chigwells finest

Postby SpongeBob's Pants on Thu May 17, 2018 12:41 pm

Genuinely feel sorry for him if hes going to miss out on the WC cos of his injury. Last chance for him to be involved.
SpongeBob's Pants

Postby cockneylol on Thu May 17, 2018 2:47 pm

I tuned in last night purely to see him play.

They showed a montage of his play helping Marseille to the final. He plays the game like no one else in world football.

I was immensely sorry to see him go off injured. As others have said, the way he left was wrong, but wasn't it great while it lasted?
cockneylol

Postby warp on Thu May 17, 2018 2:56 pm

the owners are the bigger ***** around, we know that, but this doesn't mean he wasn't a **** himself.

so **** him in the ear.
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby the celestial insect on Thu May 17, 2018 2:57 pm

Disgusted with the way he left and immediately sided against him for doing that to my club. Gradually, a more balanced narrative has come out. While it still leaves a bitter taste, in hindsight, who can blame him 100%, based on what's happened since?

I think he's the most skilful player we've ever had, certainly in my 50-year lifetime. I have never seen another West Ham player that could have scored that goal against Boro, not to mention all those free kicks, which became at one point almost as good as a penalty for us.
the celestial insect

Postby warp on Thu May 17, 2018 3:00 pm

the celestial insect wrote:Disgusted with the way he left and immediately sided against him for doing that to my club. Gradually, a more balanced narrative has come out. While it still leaves a bitter taste, in hindsight, who can blame him 100%, based on what's happened since?

well it's not like his teammates were playing for different owners in a different environment.
and yet he was the only one refusing to play.

now he ends up not playing some games he really wanted to play. too bad eh!
what goes around and all that.

warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Previous

Return to General Discussion