How much would a 'New Boleyn' cost?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: How much would a 'New Boleyn' cost?

Postby westlondonhammer on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:54 pm

I'd say we are a very long way (timewise - probably towards the end of my days if it ever happens) away from a new stadium.

Our best bet is to hope that any new investor buys the stadium and slowly but surely looks to improve it.
westlondonhammer

Postby mushy on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:03 pm

somerset-hammer wrote:Even if every fan had seen it coming, and were against the move, would that have really stopped them pressing ahead?

Just look at the lies they had to tell just get people through the door in the first place, they knew it was going to be **** from the get go, had no intentions of making it any other way, nothing said or protested at the time would have changed a thing, the move was always going to happen, the Olympic Stadium was their only reason for buying the club, a long term asset stripping profit making scheme.

When and only when they have milked West Ham United for everything it's worth will they consider selling.

They played the classic con trick,in other words they played on peoples greed and we fell for it hook line and sinker.
As Andy Swallow says in that video, he is shameful that he did nothing at the time, I know where he is coming from. I was against the move, both sceptical and cynical from the start, did I do anything about it?
Nothing really apart from the odd moan up on here, and mostly I left that up to Pinky and a couple of others.
I think once I saw the 85% in favour figure, I realised the game was up, there really was a big swathe of opinion that seemed to think we would march onto glory, despite the figures never really adding up.
Trying to persuade people at that juncture that it was all a load of crap was always going to be an impossible task.
However a march the size of the one we are going to get would have at least been worth a try, would Sullivan have listened? I dont know, but at least we would have given it a go.
mushy

Postby rossmundo on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:09 pm

It was always Daniel Levy's intention if Spurs won it to Bulldoze that Meccano set of a stadium and start from scratch.
rossmundo

Postby IG8Hammer on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:10 pm

How much would about 20,000 square metres of land alone, cost in zone 2/3 of London?

The Olympic Stadium cost around £540m to build six years ago, when Stratford was quite desolate.

Can't see it being any cheaper than that.
IG8Hammer

Postby nickstanley66 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Give it a few years and the other things that go on at the stadium will dry up and we'll be able to redevelop it. Move the East and West Stands closer to the pitch and me more atmospheric. Everything around the stadium is fine
nickstanley66

Postby mushy on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:20 pm

nickstanley66 wrote:Give it a few years and the other things that go on at the stadium will dry up and we'll be able to redevelop it. Move the East and West Stands closer to the pitch and me more atmospheric. Everything around the stadium is fine

How does anything here make any sense?
How would you move a stand that doesnt actually exist as a sole entity but is part of a complete almost circular bowl?
mushy

Postby Ben on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:33 pm

wasn't there talk of the whole spurs bid being a joint venture - Us to get the OS with a load of fans suddenly onside to stop Spurs getting it and for them to hurry up planning permission/funding at their place?
Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby James P on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Ben wrote:wasn't there talk of the whole spurs bid being a joint venture - Us to get the OS with a load of fans suddenly onside to stop Spurs getting it and for them to hurry up planning permission/funding at their place?

It’s not implausible. Ironic that their ‘bluff’ was a far better thought out plan than our actual intentions.
James P

Postby Diogenes on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:16 pm

In answer to the original question: it all depends where you build it, additional infrastructure costs, size, materials etc. By far and away the cheapest option would be to redevelop the London Stadium (obvious negating obstacles overcome). You would have minimal infrastructure costs as most, if not all, of the local improvements are sunk costs. In addition most of the Stadium materials could be fully or partly reused (roof, lights, stands, seats, pods, turnstiles, toilets, etc.). Taking into account you may likely have to pay for the Stadium, a deconstruct/ reconstruct would probably give you a £300m saving on starting elsewhere. IMO it could also be the quickest, say 18 months
Diogenes

Postby Ben on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:21 pm

surely there is room on the Olympic park to build a decent size stadium next to it, strip back the OS to the originally planned smaller athletic stadium and we can re-use the seats and other bits in our new one.

now just to find the money!

one thing is for sure, we are lucky it's proven to be such a poor asset for the government too so there is some kind of wriggle room for something to happen
Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby nickstanley66 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:05 pm

nickstanley66 wrote:Give it a few years and the other things that go on at the stadium will dry up and we'll be able to redevelop it. Move the East and West Stands closer to the pitch and me more atmospheric. Everything around the stadium is fine

mushy wrote:How does anything here make any sense?
How would you move a stand that doesnt actually exist as a sole entity but is part of a complete almost circular bowl?

As With the original plan set out the new stand is built on top of the old, making it straighter. You cant get away from the bowl affect on the higher tier, but that is what Tier pricing is for. The sloping would be slighter and more rows would be able to be added.

Do me a favour, draw a circle, then draw a rectangle inside of it. That is how you do it.
nickstanley66

Postby mushy on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:33 pm

nickstanley66 wrote:Do me a favour, draw a circle, then draw a rectangle inside of it. That is how you do it.

Am not entirely sure what you mean to be honest.
Are you saying knock down the current east/west stands and build new ones that are straighter?
or are you saying just build new stands inside the present ones?

I cant imagine what the cost of either would be, or even if either are workable.
mushy

Postby woodgreenspur on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:35 pm

Ben wrote:wasn't there talk of the whole spurs bid being a joint venture - Us to get the OS with a load of fans suddenly onside to stop Spurs getting it and for them to hurry up planning permission/funding at their place?

Had this very conversation yesterday with another(West Ham) poster on here,as we were at a funeral.
I said it wouldn't surprise me if it came out that Levy and and GSB get on fine and it was a plot dreamed up by them to get your fans and Haringey council on side and with both parties aims.
woodgreenspur

Postby Het-Field on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:35 pm

Pob! wrote:I will never forgive them for not developing the east stand..

Image Image

:(

This was always the obvious answer. And it wouldn't have cost an arm and a leg. Most of the work had been done years ago, and all that would have needed to have been invested was the price of the new stand, which could have been mitigated for with slightly adjusted ticket prices, and the take from the expansion of the stand.
Het-Field

Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub

Postby mushy on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:38 pm

Plus fill in the four corners properly, -as they did at Old Trafford.
Would have looked the dogs.
mushy

Postby delbert on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:51 pm

Het-Field wrote:
This was always the obvious answer. And it wouldn't have cost an arm and a leg. Most of the work had been done years ago, and all that would have needed to have been invested was the price of the new stand, which could have been mitigated for with slightly adjusted ticket prices, and the take from the expansion of the stand.

Wasn't the pitch moved in anticipation of this happening? Hence the increase in distance in front of the Chicken Run......
delbert

Postby Colours never run on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:01 pm

delbert wrote:
Wasn't the pitch moved in anticipation of this happening? Hence the increase in distance in front of the Chicken Run......

Of course. Why would they be prepared to do that, if they didn't have the go ahead to do it? It's a massive contradiction and a clear lie (they like to pretend they don't) by the Board as to why it would be a no goer and we just have to move or can't progress.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Aztec Hammer on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:22 pm

Colours never run wrote:
As did I.

This isn't even a discussion to say it will happen, just that if it were to happen where would be ideal and what ball park figure would we be looking at.

Considering nobody knows what's going to happen in the future, how did you manage that one?
Aztec Hammer

Postby hammerdivone on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:41 pm

Het-Field wrote:This was always the obvious answer. And it wouldn't have cost an arm and a leg. Most of the work had been done years ago, and all that would have needed to have been invested was the price of the new stand, which could have been mitigated for with slightly adjusted ticket prices, and the take from the expansion of the stand.

If only that were true. The cost of building + the loss of revenue whilst being built added to the relatively small increase in income from the additional seating meant it just didn't stack up from a business point of view.
hammerdivone

Postby Jumby on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:47 am

If the chicken run had been done up and rebuilt like the West Stand, with the corners properly filled in too, it would have brought us up to 50k, or very close to. F**k sake.
Jumby

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion