Sunderland AFC

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Sunderland AFC

Postby ayriron on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:07 pm

sicknote wrote:We used to have quite a few SAFC posters on here a few years back, Splodge WTDawg and a lot of other and a few of us from here we’re on ready to go and the snug forum set up by some of the Sunderland lads that referred to piss flaps a lot ,

Met them all on various home and away games against them , they even came to Newcastle one night and celebrated us beating the toon , good lads, filed the Wakefield one evening game when they won the league and no bother

Proud lads and lasses of a proud club , one of the few old clubs I had time for good lively respectful fans

This thread , surfaces a few days before the anniversary of Bobby Moore’s passing away and the Saturday immediately after we were at Roker Park, the respect shown to us lot before during and after , will live with me forever, top fans and sad to see their club floundering

agree with everything except the respect stopped at the final whistle i got hit twice in the hail of coins as they came down that side staircase
ayriron

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:43 pm

Jumby wrote:I don't think they have that great a support ....

They have brilliant support.
DaveWHU1964

Postby ayriron on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:10 am

Until very recently they were selling out a 48k seat stadium week in week out, no tourists up there. The one thing you can't dig out about the Geordie and the Mackems is their support. I won't include Middlesbrough purely because I just don't like them :D[/quote]

good support but everytime i've been there except the kanoute cup game plenty of empty seats family i know all sunderland say they can always get tickets
ayriron

Postby Coral Snake on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:49 am

Add this, 9000 freebies per home game.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... e-12053053
Coral Snake

Postby TheHandOfDog on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:55 am

The prices of Premier league tickets are a big problem(hence why so many watch streams) and an even bigger problem to those clubs that aren't in London, the average wage up north is way, way lower + Sunderland is made up of a lot of good, working class people like the East End is. Which is probably why we don't despise these lot.
I don't mind Sunderland fans, they used to be in the same bracket as Man city fans for me, but Man city fans recently, due to success have become quite rancid on the whole.
It's sad watching them slip but it is what happens when you have a poisonous board, ours is just as venomous, make no mistake.
TheHandOfDog

Postby Coral Snake on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:15 am

A visit to Roker Park back in the day was well dodgy before.during and after
Coral Snake

Postby steveherts66 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:13 am

Dodgy is an understatement! Roker Park was a proper piss and Bovril stadium
steveherts66

Postby rigoberts song on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:39 am

They are a decent set of loyal fans generally and I don't dislike them.
But Dirty monkey mackems on you tube is worth googling and having a laugh over.
rigoberts song

Postby Shy Ted on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:07 pm

Sunderland owner Ellis Short ready to give away club for free

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43157628
Shy Ted

Postby Roby on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:34 pm

They have got a decent, loyal fan-base for a club that haven't really won anything in a very long time.

Doesn't look as if Coleman is going to keep them up but hopefully they'll come straight back up if they do drop.
Roby

Postby upton o'good on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Shy Ted wrote:Sunderland owner Ellis Short ready to give away club for free

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43157628

Actually, he wants £137million for it - as the buyer has to take over the debts. Which is a long price for a possibly soon to be League 1 club. Maybe he will write off some of his own debt, but there's £68mil owed to an American fund. I'm not sure that a club that is probably losing a lot of money is even worth that?
upton o'good

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:59 pm

ashley fletcher had a nightmare for them last night missed 4 sitters apparently
psychoscoredthelot

Postby upton o'good on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:47 pm

For comparison purposes apparently Charlton owner is looking for £45m for league 1 Charlton - and will probably end up taking a bit less. Granted they have a 28k capacity stadium instead of 48k. But the difference in revenue may be smaller as it is a London club. And they have a truly great youth programme. I think you could make an argument for saying it might be easier to get them to the prem than Sunderland.
upton o'good

Previous

Return to General Discussion