Protest/rally/march latest

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Protest/rally/march latest

Postby Up the Junction on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:08 pm

At time of writing (Monday lunchtime), and as far as I am aware, there are no officially recognised marches involving West Ham United supporters set to take place in Stratford this weekend.

That said, we will allow discussion on the topic once again on the proviso that should anyone repeat previous accusations, libel other parties or cause any other issues you will leave us with no option but to close the thread. Again.

As I said last night - post responsibly and we'll have no problems. Thank you.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Re: Protest/rally/march latest

Postby DM on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:12 pm

Ken Dyer has mentioned a march will be happening.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 81826.html
DM

Postby bondsbootlaces on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:17 pm

DM wrote:Ken Dyer has mentioned a march will be happening.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 81826.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good to see that it has been picked up by the press as not being gospel that the march is off because the club said so and the original organisers have stepped away.

We do need to be thankful for Andy and Mickey's efforts, I don't think we would be here without them rallying everyone.

March on!
bondsbootlaces

Postby kenthammer1984 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Can a march really take place now i there is going to be threats of violence (apparently)?
kenthammer1984

Postby Hammer1972 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:21 pm

kenthammer1984 wrote:Can a march really take place now i there is going to be threats of violence (apparently)?

How many marches ever take place where someone from the opposing side doesn't threaten violence...?

It's been very quiet on the WHUISA Facebook page in regards to updates so I suspect they have not been able to organise things in time.
Hammer1972

Postby Coops on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:30 pm

I really feel that an opportunity has been missed here. The march was cancelled because the organisers are now talking to the owners. One thing the owners are good at is talking, there will be no action, we all know this. I am guessing that the original organisers think they can go back and march again, but the momentum has been lost and they have already lost a lot of credibility with their childish facebook posts.
Coops

Postby Clacton-ammer on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:31 pm

I sincerely hope a march is sorted, in truth, only reason I am coming on Saturday. If no march, that may well be the last I am seen at the OS until change of board.

If the march is not official though, thus not organised properly, I see more trouble, so I may have to get my white Reebok classics on so I can run...
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby delbert on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:36 pm

Without any sort of organisation it will be like trying to herd kittens, we''ll be all over the place.......
delbert

Postby Mr_Skid on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:41 pm

UTJ where do you stand on posting comments from peoples fb pages if the posts are made public?
Mr_Skid

Postby BromleyHammer on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Last week as a group of supporters, united, I believed we had an opportunity to gain national coverage of the ongoings at our club, and to hold GSB accountable. Now, since the biggest 180 in the history of the world, I feel massively let down, deflated, just can't see a way forward and ready to step away from football - such is my disgust at everything that has gone on at our club post leaving the Boleyn, including at the weekend the threats of violence against our own supporters. I'm out.
BromleyHammer

Postby Eggs'n'nuts on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Mr_Skid wrote:UTJ where do you stand on posting comments from peoples fb pages if the posts are made public?

May I just add UtJ that if what Mr_Skid is asking doesn't contain anything derogatory or liablous, is allowed as there are quite a few dinosaurs on this site that don't do social media in any form, but would still like to know what's going on as much as possible.

Cheers.
Eggs'n'nuts

Postby Up the Junction on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:53 pm

Mr_Skid wrote:UTJ where do you stand on posting comments from peoples fb pages if the posts are made public?

It depends on the content and context. Contact me via PM if you'd like to run anything by me.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Colours never run on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:55 pm

Does it even need to be a Marchh anymore? Just a Rally close to the Stadium of some kind where peolle can congregate and voice our disapproval.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Phil S on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:57 pm

just boycott the game
Phil S

Postby Coops on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:02 pm

Whatever we do needs to have cohesion.
Brady has taken the wheels off, there is now in fighting between groups. This is why she earns the money she does.
Coops

Postby Big George on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Hammer1972 wrote:
It's been very quiet on the WHUISA Facebook page in regards to updates so I suspect they have not been able to organise things in time.

We'll update when we can.
Big George

Postby chigwells finest on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Phil S wrote:just boycott the game

bit like the players did at Swansea
chigwells finest

Postby Exiledin cardiff on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:06 pm

Phil S

With respect a boycott won't work. Theres people who want to march to voice there opinions but want to go to the game after, Same there will be those who have no gripes whatsoever and will attend, unless you can get 20,000 plus boycotting it won't be visible on TV,
Exiledin cardiff

Postby HammerAl on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:07 pm

Phil S wrote:just boycott the game

And every game until the scum have left the club - that’s what I’m doing anyway.
HammerAl

Postby Hammer1972 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:07 pm

Big George wrote:
We'll update when we can.

:thup:

It wasn't a dig, just an observation!
Hammer1972

Next

Return to General Discussion