Protest/rally/march latest

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Protest/rally/march latest

Postby Kialos on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:39 pm

I think it's pretty clear from what is continuing to be said and claimed about WHUISA on social media that the aim it to discredit and try and remove WHUISA from the table full stop. Whilst what you are saying is very noble it's almost certainly a complete waste of time.
Kialos

Is the bloke with the corner flag an 'East End Iwo Jimo'?

Postby poplargeezer on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Just wondering if the picture of the bloke with the corner flag an 'East End Iwo Jimo' - the iconic symbol of how the genuine West Ham are fighting their just cause.

While I personally think it would be a great statue certainly would make a good T-shirt.

What does everyone else think?
poplargeezer

Re: Is the bloke with the corner flag an 'East End Iwo Jimo'?

Postby Aztec Hammer on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:53 pm

Sacrificed himself for the cause with the most symbolic non-violent gesture possible. Understood the consequences of his actions and handed himself in afterwards. His words in the aftermath were quite moving for me, personally.

He is clearly a good man, and someone who feels strongly about a loss in a way that I'm sure many of us do. I believe it was Doc who said that he met him on the concourse at a prior game and he was teary.

That West Ham threaten this man with civil action is at least for me, an apt summation of good vs evil in this story.
Aztec Hammer

Postby Aztec Hammer on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:55 pm

I should stress, that's the loss of a club, not of a single game.
Aztec Hammer

Postby poplargeezer on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:03 pm

Think if we all got behind an idea like this it might make the Club think twice about getting heavy with him - the People's Hero.
poplargeezer

Postby Beavis Danzig on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Last edited by Beavis Danzig on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beavis Danzig

Postby Colours never run on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:15 pm

What I also loved about it was that he even removed his cap like a true gent.

They'd make a ****ing killing selling his image in the Club shop, maybe that's what the real reason behind the emergency meeting was for.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Lt. Discussion on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:24 pm

The club made a fortune with the BM6 line. Wouldnt put it past them
Lt. Discussion

Postby Scratchy on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:25 pm

Excellent work, Beavis
Scratchy

Postby r99c on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:27 pm

Beavis Danzig wrote:[img[/img]

Loving this, great work 8-)
r99c

Postby HamburgHammer on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:29 pm

WHUISA simply need bigger numbers in membership to give their voice increased significance.
On the other hand it's questionable if dialogue with the board serves any meaningful purpose after seeing what happened previously with various fan groups trying to engage with the board.

The board do what they want, when they want and fans appear to be a nuisance if they do or want anything except buying tickets and merchandise. :crest:
HamburgHammer

Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:33 pm

Up the Junction wrote:To clarify (to save someone asking), KUMB are not and will not be directly involved in either protest.

What about indirectly? :wink:
westham,eggyandchips

Postby gaptooth on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:53 pm

Kialos wrote:I think it's pretty clear from what is continuing to be said and claimed about WHUISA on social media that the aim it to discredit and try and remove WHUISA from the table full stop. Whilst what you are saying is very noble it's almost certainly a complete waste of time.

I'm with MSP on this. As a WHUISA member I'd ask you to at least offer the olive branch, restate non political etc. It might well be a waste of time but you' can then be seen to have tried your utmost, acted with dignity, put fan unity at the forefront of your actions etc.
gaptooth

Postby poplargeezer on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:08 am

Love it. Well done sir.

Be a great T shirt
poplargeezer

Postby e17 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:16 am

Stick the old crest on that flag and screen print it on a white or black t-shirt, sell it outside the ground = make a killing

I’d buy one
e17

Postby e17 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:16 am

What RWHFAG did very very well was recruit people on raw energy and the cult of personality - they played the role of the voice of the terraces incredibly well, alas that came with not enough sensible p.r or credible communicators to go with the heart and soul. Hence ending up with the complete clusterfuck of a mess when the plans to march were cancelled.

I don’t actually agree that WHUISA don’t need to reach out to other groups or be more all inclusive. They need to tap into some of that support and fire that Swallow and co ignited in thousands... it’s very easy to say they don’t need the arsenalfanTV types, but THATS the exact types on social media and the likes that opens eyes and posts in their thousands... I think being dismissive of any potential support because they are not photogenic or illiterate or beardy enough for Sky Sports News has been proved wrong. Let’s be clear about all of this: I completely condone the language and threats and behavior that came after the march was put off, but no one can deny that the RWHFAG were the spark in all of this.
e17

Postby Aztec Hammer on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:27 am

This should be the defining image of our battle against those that own the club.
Aztec Hammer

Postby Beavis Danzig on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:53 am

e17 wrote:Stick the old crest on that flag and screen print it on a white or black t-shirt, sell it outside the ground = make a killing

I’d buy one

https://i.imgur.com/gy0OCCN.png

feel free to nick any of these.
Beavis Danzig

Postby delbert on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:33 am

:thup: The last two posts.......
delbert

Postby Colours never run on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:07 am

Agree entirely, e17 and have made similar points to WHUISA.

If they at least tried to patch up with RWHAG in some way by putting all their differences aside for the greater good of the fanbase, at best it gets people singing more from a similar hymn sheet and at worst it looks good amongst fans to be seen as an honourable, credible organisation that's trying to do the right thing thus swelling the membership.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion