Protest/rally/march latest

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Protest/rally/march latest

Postby Boris Badenov on Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:21 am

The problem with the leadership of RWHFs is that nothing they do ever seems to make sense, which makes me and a lot of people suspicious about their motives.

First they want a march, and lie about going ahead with it when nothing was organised with the council. Then they cancel it without consulting the other groups. Then they physically threaten the other groups to stop the march. This at the same time that Bill Gardiner has said that the was offered £20k to “stop the march.” Then they take the “Action Group” out of their name because they claim there’s no further need for action.

Then after events overtake them they do another 180 degree turn and decide that they’ll have another protest after all.

All this weird behavior makes you think that there are ulterior motives behind their actions. That they’re not genuine about reforming the club. That their real aim is to create an English version of the Lazio Ultras that they hope will prove nice little earner, while giving them power within the club.

If they want to prove people wrong, then let their actions do the talking. Talk is cheap, as GSB has proven over the last few years, and as certain people have proven over the past few weeks.
Boris Badenov

Postby badseed on Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:39 am

Some people seriously want a reconciliation with RWHF? Unbelievable.

It's not about their education level, or their accent, or even their political ideology. They were threatening other West Ham fans with violence.

If they want an olive branch then the place to start is a public apology and an explanation from the likes of AS and Co,
badseed

Postby Coops on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:38 am

Judging by the posts on their page many from RWHF are more anti WHISA then they are the board. The worrying thing about this is that there is no an underlying danger of violence which cold put people off of marching/protesting. They are still going on about the leaders of WHISA being one of the mayor of London's lackeys. The division still seems centre around politics, which should have no place in any of this. I am not sure what can be done to unite fans, but unity is needed if we are to move forward.
Coops

Postby cocoon on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:58 am

Miles Standish Proud wrote:BG.
As you know I fully appreciate it has been a turbulent time and I also don't underestimate the personal grief the chairman has endured. I think it's in his best interest if the poison was somehow drawn from the wound as well as for the greater good.
I understand AS has taken a background role and that new, perhaps more phlegmatic, people are fronting up the organisation. Taking that at face value - and I accept that might be a leap of faith - I think it is in the wider interest of everybody to seek a reconciliation or at least a mutual understanding between two prominent groups.
I dont think there is any doubt that WHISA holds the moral high ground here, by the way, But I think it is from that position that WHISA should countenenace some sort of reconcilitory gesture. It may well be a doomed initiative but its one I would try.

Totally agree with that post, we need to put the fans first to try and create unity. It seems the politics stuff has lessened and it’s the recent media exposure from the WHISA individual which is annoying most. Any threat of any king should not be tolerated and the appropriate authorities called in but should it not be done separately to the main cause of the fans ? It’s a time for unity not to divide.

Can we put differences aside just for a few hours, no one need to be mates, are there any other group representatives that could act as mediator? There still seems to be a fair few groups stil on board with RWHFG, as said AS seems to have been removed from the committee and is now taking a background role, maybe if we push from this ?
cocoon

Location: sarth london...Im gonna walk down to electric Avenue..then Im gonna get mugged..Oi

Postby irongav on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:13 am

Not sure why the groups have to work together or even against each other, can they not organise their own protests as to how their own members agree? its not a competition of bums on seats, both groups want changes, both groups will put more pressure on the owners, allies under different leadership.
irongav

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:26 am

irongav wrote:Not sure why the groups have to work together or even against each other, can they not organise their own protests as to how their own members agree? its not a competition of bums on seats, both groups want changes, both groups will put more pressure on the owners, allies under different leadership.

A lot of ego involved from all factions, that will ultimately be our/their downfall.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby Scratchy on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:33 am

westham,eggyandchips wrote:A lot of ego involved from all factions, that will ultimately be our/their downfall.

Where have WHUISA demonstrated any ego? That has come solely from the paranoid and incompetent hooligans.
Scratchy

Postby SammyLeeWasOffside on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:35 am

e17, you don't mean condone mate :thup:
SammyLeeWasOffside

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:45 am

Scratchy wrote:More than happy for the RWHF to join in with the protests but they've lost all credibility to lead. They've caused completely unnecessary divisions, they've acted with impunity, they've acted like amateurs.

Comments like this are exactly what i'm on about, and so long as this type of division exists, we'll never be as "one"
westham,eggyandchips

Postby cocoon on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:49 am

Where have WHUISA demonstrated any ego? That has come solely from the paranoid and incompetent hooligans.[/quote]

Think most are annoyed with all the media interviews and columns of late from WHUISA, seems they are making the most of this situation and getting bit of air space.
cocoon

Location: sarth london...Im gonna walk down to electric Avenue..then Im gonna get mugged..Oi

Postby Graza on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:59 am

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Comments like this are exactly what i'm on about, and so long as this type of division exists, we'll never be as "one"

Comments or statements of fact?

cocoon wrote:Think most are annoyed with all the media interviews and columns of late from WHUISA, seems they are making the most of this situation and getting bit of air space.

If you were a member of the press and you wanted to do something on the fan unrest at West Ham would you a) go to the fsf backed independent supporters association or b) the people who run a Facebook group seem to flip flop back and forth, have tangible stated links to a hooligan element and were just a week ago threatening violence to anyone and everyone who dared defied them.

It's not a hard choice is it, and if all they want is a bit of press fame they could always pick up a corner flag or two at the next game
Last edited by Graza on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graza

Postby brownout on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 am

cocoon wrote:
Think most are annoyed with all the media interviews and columns of late from WHUISA, seems they are making the most of this situation and getting bit of air space.

That's what an ISA does - elected representatives speaking to media and club on behalf of the members. .
brownout

Postby Westbourne Bill on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:02 am

WHUISA being able to string a few words together that actually make sense is quite helpful. The other mob don’t seem that bright tbh.
Westbourne Bill

Postby ballantine on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:07 am

cocoon wrote:Think most are annoyed with all the media interviews and columns of late from WHUISA, seems they are making the most of this situation and getting bit of air space.

Which is exactly what they should be doing, as an interest organisation for the fans. :?
ballantine

Postby woodford on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:13 am

UTJ-- This fight will be won and lost in the media. Whilst a lot of quotes from GSB are well known can we have a thread that only related to media coverage ( articles , posts etc ) It can be hard to keep up and given that our board are so keen to get their message out and journalists now appear to have cottoned on to them could be good to show a record.
woodford

Postby Phil S on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:28 am

Kialos wrote:I think it's pretty clear from what is continuing to be said and claimed about WHUISA on social media that the aim it to discredit and try and remove WHUISA from the table full stop. Whilst what you are saying is very noble it's almost certainly a complete waste of time.

I saw yesterday that WHUISA are considered pro board :?
Phil S

Postby e17 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:36 am

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote:e17, you don't mean condone mate :thup:

This is why I only really belong on Kumb :lol:

On social media someone would be screaming at me for agreeing with duffing up fellow irons by now
e17

Postby Wembley1966 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:44 am

woodford wrote:UTJ-- This fight will be won and lost in the media. Whilst a lot of quotes from GSB are well known can we have a thread that only related to media coverage ( articles , posts etc ) It can be hard to keep up and given that our board are so keen to get their message out and journalists now appear to have cottoned on to them could be good to show a record.

The Truth Is Out There thread seems to accomplish this:
http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=171287
Wembley1966

Postby woodford on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:45 am

:lol: yep missed that, good idea that man

I am trigger
woodford

Postby mushy on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:52 am

Phil S wrote:
I saw yesterday that WHUISA are considered pro board :?

I saw yesterday that they helped get Sadiq Khan elected.
Also saw a girl saying she had been a member for three years and was gonna leave the WHUISA because of all the politics.
I didn't even think WHUISA had been going that long.
Problem is as soon as you pull anyone on their facts you are in line for a load of abuse and a ban.
As for the P/R publicity side of things, RWHFAG have been contacted several times by the media including national newspapers. They normally put the phone down on them.
It's no wonder the media feel more comfortable chatting to WHUISA.
RWHFAG see anyone that don't think and act like them as the enemy, as a group they are totally paranoid.
Their loyal supporters (mates and people that want to be associated with the ICF ) will stick with them no matter what. The vast majority of the others will gradually drift away.
Meanwhile you can still buy a badge. They love a badge over there.
mushy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion