Protest/rally/march latest

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Protest/rally/march latest

Postby MD_HM on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:03 am

one of the issues is that anyone leading a group of fans needs to almost be anonymous in their personal lives.

I was a bit put off by the RWHFAG’s links to the ICF and apparent lack of PR skills however they were at the time the driving force behind a protest, something I am very in favour of. I joined the FB group on this basis.

When they dropped out of the march and WHUISA appeared to be trying to take the march over, i then paid a £1 and joined their group, again as I am so in favour of marching and getting the owners out. However just as I was concerned about the ICF links I was just a disappointed to see the links and support of Khan from key WHUISA personnel.

I’m not stupid enough to think the group therefore is political however it was off putting.

This is about West Ham, and lots of fans will hold different views outside of football so it’s important these are not muddled up and we join in unity against the board.
MD_HM

Postby DevonshireRoad on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:24 am

Boris Badenov wrote:First they want a march, and lie about going ahead with it when nothing was organised with the council. Then they cancel it without consulting the other groups. Then they physically threaten the other groups to stop the march. This at the same time that Bill Gardiner has said that the was offered £20k to “stop the march.” Then they take the “Action Group” out of their name because they claim there’s no further need for action.

Did not know this. Surprised it has not been picked up by the press. It certainly pulls the new (static) march into sharper perspective, compounding my initial cynicism over it.
DevonshireRoad

Postby nortonhammer on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:25 am

All this political b#ll#x is a diversion tactic. Come on people, it's almost as if Putin has got involved with West Ham. Maybe he is planning to buy us!
It doesn't matter what side you vote for, the common ground is that we are unhappy with the people who run the club.
Ps Although i dont particularly like the man, I'd rather the moderate lefty son of a bus driver running London then some Eton educated twat ruining London any day...
Massive red herring!!!!!!
nortonhammer

Postby QuintonNimoy on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:37 am

Boris Badenov wrote:All this weird behavior makes you think that there are ulterior motives behind their actions. That they’re not genuine about reforming the club. That their real aim is to create an English version of the Lazio Ultras that they hope will prove nice little earner, while giving them power within the club.

Good observation, I can see that being a motivation and I can see Sullivan trying to use it to his advantage by using the traditional politics of bloc voting and corrupting the leadership that controls the vote.

Fwiw WHUISA is a much more democratic organisation and is going to represent it's members interests much more clearly than any personality driven movement which is always going to be about the leadership group's prestige. The more supporters join WHUISA the more representative it becomes. It's a no brainer.

I'm not affiliated with either group in any way, this is just how things work.
QuintonNimoy

Postby OllyWHU6 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:46 am

MD_HM wrote:one of the issues is that anyone leading a group of fans needs to almost be anonymous in their personal lives.

I was a bit put off by the RWHFAG’s links to the ICF and apparent lack of PR skills however they were at the time the driving force behind a protest, something I am very in favour of. I joined the FB group on this basis.

When they dropped out of the march and WHUISA appeared to be trying to take the march over, i then paid a £1 and joined their group, again as I am so in favour of marching and getting the owners out. However just as I was concerned about the ICF links I was just a disappointed to see the links and support of Khan from key WHUISA personnel.

I’m not stupid enough to think the group therefore is political however it was off putting.

This is about West Ham, and lots of fans will hold different views outside of football so it’s important these are not muddled up and we join in unity against the board.

No intention of misquoting you here that's why i've put the full quote, but the part in red i find a bit odd. He has been elected as the leader of a democratic organisation based on the vote of members. His past employment didn't factor into that decision at all, nor have i seen it factor into any of what he has done since.

I wouldn't let the nonsense that RWHFG put out there affect your opinion too much. If he started actively campaigning for WHUISA to overtly or tacitly endorse a political party in anyway then it would be a problem. However i also know that if that was the case that WHUISA would be able to hold an EGM and remove him from his position. If this does trouble you going forward being a member allows you to vote to change that at the AGM.
OllyWHU6

Re: Is the bloke with the corner flag an 'East End Iwo Jimo'?

Postby duncanio on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:50 am

Love that image!
duncanio

Postby ballantine on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:55 am

Boris Badenov wrote:Bill Gardiner has said that the was offered £20k to “stop the march.”

DevonshireRoad wrote:Did not know this. Surprised it has not been picked up by the press. It certainly pulls the new (static) march into sharper perspective, compounding my initial cynicism over it.

Any links to where Bill says this, or is it just hearsay?
ballantine

Postby The Old Mile End on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:59 am

For it to have any meaning, the coming together with the RWHF has to come from them. They need to distance themselves from the ICF image and instigators and then realise the only way forward is to eat the humble pie and reunite with the others. Only when they understand this will any alliance be meaningful.

RWHF might think they have the numbers as things stand, but the reality is they are dead in the water due to the people in charge, their previous, and their actions in this protest

As things stand they simply cannot be trusted. Here’s a collection of OneIron’s posts from WHO:
“….I’ve been very ill, if not I would have been on the march…”
“…have spoken to mates who marched yesterday 200 of them, was thinking of trying to help but need people with balls, why did fans put beer before marching…do you care…”
“…I got out of RWHFAG a long time ago, I was not happy…”
“…..I’ve lost friends I’ve known for over 40 years….”
“…..beware the wolf in sheeps clothes…”
“…..in time the truth will come out….”

Make of that what you will, but to me OneIron is definitely not in favour of RWHF and urges the stroll/ramblers to continue without them. He is saying someone needs to come forward and galvanise the support.

He is right. Most of us do not want to lead. We want to follow. We all follow The West Ham after all. We are looking for leadership. If it is WHUISA and the United Group -as it should be, now is the time to act.
The Old Mile End

Postby Wembley1966 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:00 am

Boris Badenov wrote:First they want a march, and lie about going ahead with it when nothing was organised with the council. Then they cancel it without consulting the other groups. Then they physically threaten the other groups to stop the march. This at the same time that Bill Gardiner has said that the was offered £20k to “stop the march.” Then they take the “Action Group” out of their name because they claim there’s no further need for action.

DevonshireRoad wrote:Did not know this. Surprised it has not been picked up by the press. It certainly pulls the new (static) march into sharper perspective, compounding my initial cynicism over it.

I think that this may be miscontrued from the statement from somewhere that the club would match the £20,000 raised by RWHFAG and donate a similar sum to Isla if the march didn't take place.
Wembley1966

Postby Mr_Skid on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:03 am

Looks like the club have now released a statement about the events on Sat

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018 ... -statement
Mr_Skid

Postby swash on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:05 am

Mr_Skid wrote:Looks like the club have now released a statement about the events on Sat

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018 ... -statement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See they are still talking about "missiles", what a bunch of c u next tuesdays
swash

Postby Gerblatz on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:06 am

The politics, accusations...it all waters down the real reasons for protest and marches against the owners. It plays into their mode of control. For me, the idea that they have as little control and inside information about future action, works far better.

The randomness of what occurred on Saturday shocked them rigid because they didn’t see it coming, they weren’t afforded the chance to put up a PR smokescreen to pour water on the fire. Any future demo or protests must hold that element of randomness and surprise to keep it honest. For that reason, I don’t think the groups should even attempt to reconcile their differences - it’s never going to happen at the level needed to be truly opposing to the board...that disguise has been rumbled. Not having a unified approach carries the edge of unpredictability, makes it far less easier to be countered.

Which brings me to the scenario of both groups assembling at Stratford Park for the Saints game. It needs to be seriously thought through and a consideration of all factors undertaken. The last thing that the momentum needs right now is negative press. Having balanced journalism erring on the side of the fans and not the club - to lose that now would be an unmitigated disaster. I’m all for being strong and uncompromising, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done in a wise and controlled manner. We can’t see anymore people running on the pitch during the game if we want it to serve the greater good of our club, so I hope common sense prevails too...but to those that did, I fully get and understand the whole frustration behind it.
Gerblatz

Postby Nesticles on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:12 am

They will be copying and pasting that statement every Weds after the remaining 5 home games

Give them hell and run them out of West Ham :thup:
Nesticles

Postby Mr_Skid on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:12 am

swash wrote:
See they are still talking about "missiles", what a bunch of c u next tuesdays

I was infront of the box, only thing i saw thrown was ripped up paper in the air, plus they want to hand out life bans, seems a bit harsh for a moment of madness!
Mr_Skid

Postby Boris Badenov on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:13 am

ballantine wrote:Any links to where Bill says this, or is it just hearsay?

Sure. Bill’s repeated it a number of times on WHO.

one iron 9:39 Sat Mar 10
Re: Disenfranchised people
vexed , I turned down 20k, don't want the money, hate them,ive been very ill, if I was not I would have been on the march,i cant be bought, I am 100& westham,you don't no me so don't talk ****.

one iron 12:41 Sun Mar 11
Re: Disenfranchised people
I have no proof of the call, was ill. and got the call after 8pm. man said he was acting for mr Sullivan who was upset with things id said,and the march,if I could speak out against it I would be paid 20k. told the man to tell Sullivan go **** him self.this was about 3 days after andy had the meeting at sullivans house, I asked him if Sullivan had offered him money he said no.I said why would Sullivan offer me when I was only a bit player.i joined the group thinking it was the right thing todo, I still think without the group, westham fans would have done **** all.the first threats went out and online sites bottled, have spoke to mates who marched yesterday 200 of them, was thinking of trying to help but need people with balls, why did fans put beers before marching, do you care, look at yourself in the mirror, did you march or stay in the pubs, letting other people do the hard work grow some you heroes. with that I am out.find someone younger,. I will get behind the team at away games and that will do me, ive done my bit. down to you now

http://westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?8979485|n|1|1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boris Badenov

Postby Beavis Danzig on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:17 am

i'm under no-ones banner.

we had all this guff last time out, then me and 199 odd individuals turned up for a bit of a walk. we'll be doing it again regardless of whatever other faction claims it because as much as anything, we were there first.
Beavis Danzig

Postby ballantine on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:24 am

ballantine wrote:Any links to where Bill says this, or is it just hearsay?

Boris Badenov wrote:Sure. Bill’s repeated it a number of times on WHO.
(...)
http://westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?8979485|n|1|1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thup: Very interesting indeed.
ballantine

Postby GaryP on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:29 am

swash wrote:See they are still talking about "missiles", what a bunch of c u next tuesdays

If they have video evidence of someone lobbing a coin/missile then fine, but there won't be much of that. If a dickhead has thrown a coin at Sullivan, which by the way I doubt, then if he gets in the crap for it so be it. Stupid thing to do.

However, if/when no-one is charged of throwing a coin at the little twat, I hope the press pick up on that too.
GaryP

Postby Hammer1972 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:33 am

The Club is working in close conjunction with the Metropolitan Police to identify those individuals, who entered the pitch during the second half, and with stadium operator LS185, using London Stadium’s high-quality CCTV footage, to identify those who threw missiles, both of which are specific offences under the Football (Offences) Act 1991.

Would be a a bit daft to include that if they hadn't already seen some such footage surely.
Hammer1972

Postby mushy on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:40 am

MD_HM wrote: I was just a disappointed to see the links and support of Khan from key WHUISA personnel.

d.

I don't understand this one little bit. How are you made aware of any political links?
I joined in good faith and I am more then happy with both the people on the committee and of the service they provide.
When I joined , I joined because of the constitution, the fact that They were affiliated to the FFS, and above all the fact that they seemed really decent guys.
The last thing on my mind was to check out whose side they were on in the Cable Street riots.
I don't know of any affiliations to any political causes, nor do I care (obviously I have read the rumours), it seems to me this is just a handy stick to beat someone with, and that amounts to bullying (am not referring to you here MD HM).
I always give those that are the bullied one's the benefit of the doubt rather then the other way round, RWHFAG personal attacks on an individual are abhorrent to say the least and it was this more then anything that has turned me away.
I was originally a supporter of them. My mistake.
WHUISA have continually on their website and on here distanced themselves from politics, yet they are still being pulled on it as if people dont really believe them.
I know who I believe in all of this.
Last edited by mushy on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
mushy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion