Protest/rally/march latest

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Protest/rally/march latest

Postby WoodgateHammer on Fri May 04, 2018 4:39 pm

Vic_Watson wrote:16 months on - do you have your beer shelves yet?

The error in that statement Vic is calling it beer to begin with....

Carbonated p1sswater would probably be more accurate..
WoodgateHammer

Postby Graza on Fri May 04, 2018 4:50 pm

WoodgateHammer wrote:The error in that statement Vic is calling it beer to begin with....

Carbonated p1sswater would probably be more accurate..

In fairness the ale from the ale stands is drinkable, especially for stadium booze.
Graza

Postby taffhammer on Fri May 04, 2018 5:28 pm

Up the Junction wrote: The people upstairs have played a blinder, they orchestrated the demise of the biggest movement we had and split it so much from political viewpoint etc.

I often read this and it's simply not true. The protest movement imploded when we had the Board on the rocks.

Forgive me for being a bit slow here, but there was potential for 10,000 marching against the board till the organisers met with the board then it's suddenly mysteriously called off. It will take a few years for any trust and momentum to reach those levels again amongst fellow supporters and the board have been released from fan pressure.
So can you explain to me how you think the board didn't have anything to do with the march being called off if it was called off following a meeting between them and the RWHFG ?
taffhammer

Postby Doc H Ball on Fri May 04, 2018 6:03 pm

Worth pointing out that AS has publically said that money was offered to call it off, but he denied taking it. So even on that version of events our chairman offered him a bribe.

What a state of affairs.
Doc H Ball

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Fri May 04, 2018 6:23 pm

taffhammer wrote: It will take a few years for any trust and momentum to reach those levels again amongst fellow supporters ...

I wouldn’t trust those behind the RWHFAG this side of hell freezing over. That includes the ‘new’ group. I trust the likes of WHUISA already and will continue to do so until they show me that they are not worth trusting. In short, and I can only speak for myself, but it won’t take me years to trust most of our fanbase.
DaveWHU1964

Postby taffhammer on Fri May 04, 2018 7:48 pm

DaveWHU1964 wrote:I wouldn’t trust those behind the RWHFAG this side of hell freezing over. That includes the ‘new’ group. I trust the likes of WHUISA already and will continue to do so until they show me that they are not worth trusting. In short, and I can only speak for myself, but it won’t take me years to trust most of our fanbase.

You don't trust them ( and your not alone ), they don't trust WHUISA and so it goes on. Why anyone thinks the board didn't instigate a wedge between supporters is beyond me.
taffhammer

Postby ballantine on Fri May 04, 2018 9:08 pm

I donated £50. Like all of us, i didnt donate more than i could afford. So it's no big deal for me personally. I guess the rub is, for the sake of us moving on: If fellow fans had wrongly accused me of pocketing £25k of their money, rather than donating it to a terminally ill child, I would:
1) Be livid
2) Provide a bank statement or any other kind of proof that the money were delivered to that child.

If I had been in that horrible situation, I sure as **** wouldn't have settled for a semi threatening "I'll see you at the podium with my mates!". But maybe we're just different types of people.
ballantine

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Fri May 04, 2018 9:43 pm

Up the Junction wrote: Your guess is as good as mine, C.

Maybe it was written as requested in the bloggers meeting but only completed after the meeting and I misread it ???

However, as there were a whole lot of groups together in this holding the initial meeting, one would surely hope that the main "protagonists" contacted the others in the group (and iirc the weather was bad resulting in most of them not being able to make it), put forward at least a question and said "Hey we think we should cancel the march but as it is a "group" effort what do you lot think ?" never mind even polling their Facebook members as well.....

Effectively there hasn't really been a "disclosure" as to why the march was canceled let alone where the dosh raised to cover expenses for a non existent march, went to....at least that is how I can sum it up for me at least......

no wonder most people cannot get behind any "splinter" group and as much as I would love WHUISA to succeed, I can't see it happening this season.....the opportunity seems to have came and went....
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Up the Junction on Fri May 04, 2018 10:35 pm

taffhammer wrote:So can you explain to me how you think the board didn't have anything to do with the march being called off if it was called off following a meeting between them and the RWHFG ?

Taff, ask the ISA why they resurrected the FAG's march and then cancelled it 48 hours later. I'm fairly certain they won't mention the Board.

Now, if the Board had indeed "played a blinder", I don't think they'd have been running for safety during the Burnley game. In fact, given the ensuing publicity, you'd probably be more accurate if claiming that those who cancelled the march played a blinder - as the fallout and media coverage was far greater than any protest or demonstration would've returned.

That rather important point seems to have been largely overlooked.

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:However, as there were a whole lot of groups together in this holding the initial meeting, one would surely hope that the main "protagonists" contacted the others in the group (and iirc the weather was bad resulting in most of them not being able to make it), put forward at least a question and said "Hey we think we should cancel the march but as it is a "group" effort what do you lot think ?" never mind even polling their Facebook members as well.....

"The main protagonists" met 48 hours before the meeting you're referring to, at the Dovecote.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Fri May 04, 2018 11:09 pm

taffhammer wrote:Why anyone thinks the board didn't instigate a wedge between supporters is beyond me.

Agree completely Taff.
DaveWHU1964

Postby taffhammer on Fri May 04, 2018 11:42 pm

Up the Junction wrote:
Now, if the Board had indeed "played a blinder", I don't think they'd have been running for safety during the Burnley game. In fact, given the ensuing publicity, you'd probably be more accurate if claiming that those who cancelled the march played a blinder - as the fallout and media coverage was far greater than any protest or demonstration would've returned.

That rather important point seems to have been largely overlooked.

You can just as easily assume what happend to them when the Burnley goals were flowing would have been ten times worse if up to 10,000 people had been allowed to protest before the game. So yes i'll stick by the version of events that they played the groups against each other and got off very lightly.
taffhammer

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Fri May 04, 2018 11:50 pm

UTJ

I don't remember reading about that meeting... maybe it wasn't mentioned or maybe I overlooked it..

So if I read this correctly, and please correct me if I'm wrong (and you will !!!!! :D ) there was a meeting that no one else attended prior to the meeting that was partially attended due to the weather.

There was ZERO communication other than what we heard about in which you "other lot" were informed that a meeting took place, the board "acceded to the 5 points (or however many) and that there was not longer a need to march."

No"what do you lads think ?" nothing to which you "other lot" had any input to "Whoa we want to go ahead with this" or "Do you think we should poll our Facebook members ?" or that.

Just as it seems "March canceled, we're happy with the situation as it now stands." Oh and a promise to hire architects to see if the seating can be rearranged so everyone gets closer to the pitch and get a better view.
Those said architects to be hired by Andy and his mates at the boards expense ? Or was that ever made clear ? If that ever was a part of the settlement. At least that's what I am, and I am sure others are wondering about. Oh and the 25K raised.

I don't expect you to answer and put yourself on the spot, but is this about the summary or can you put it so the ordinary layman like myself can understand ????

Just reading through the posts on here, I think that we are generally pretty much confused as to what happened overall. It usually ends up with "Go to the Podium (is that a bar in the O.S. ?) and ask him.

Even the "Vote for WHTV" degenerated into something similar and I can't remember anyone get an answer that was succinct. Other than it developed into a slanging match.

A difficult question to maybe get a real exact-ish answer to.......I am no wiser than when the first call to a march started and to where we are currently.

I am left scratching my head (and no I don't have lice)

Cheers
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Postby Up the Junction on Sat May 05, 2018 4:02 am

taffhammer wrote:You can just as easily assume what happend to them when the Burnley goals were flowing would have been ten times worse if up to 10,000 people had been allowed to protest before the game.

You could, but I think you'd be wrong to.

That anger, that frustration, that raw emotion that manifested itself so perfectly and instantaneously on the day, in full view of the world's TV cameras, INSIDE a Premier League sanctum, as a result of the march being cancelled for no apparently-obvious reason and sparked by West Ham taking a hiding on the field, could never have been replicated by (what, let's not forget, was planned to be) a peaceful procession.

As for numbers - yet again, we'll never know. :thup:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Boooogers! on Sat May 05, 2018 4:52 am

You beleive what you want to beleive, but this has the boards grubby little mits all over it. I bet Karen has a copy of Machiavelli on her desk, right next to the glass box containg PP’s balls.

... Paul Peschisolido not Pink Palermo.
Boooogers!

Postby Oldammer on Sat May 05, 2018 6:32 am

Just out of curiosity, did anyone get refunded for lost travel expenses, or even know somebody that did?

If so, how was it achieved?
Oldammer

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Sat May 05, 2018 6:52 am

Up the Junction wrote:You could, but I think you'd be wrong to.

That anger, that frustration, that raw emotion that manifested itself so perfectly and instantaneously on the day, in full view of the world's TV cameras, INSIDE a Premier League sanctum, as a result of the march being cancelled for no apparently-obvious reason and sparked by West Ham taking a hiding on the field, could never have been replicated by (what, let's not forget, was planned to be) a peaceful procession.

my sentiments too Boss form far away...

as the old boxing adage goes..

he's got him on the ropes, it will only take one punch to finish him........oh wait. he's landed a haymaker..

I think that it might have been someone like Buster Douglas or his ilk but back in those early days must have been so far behind on points the ref would have stopped it nowadays...anyway it was maybe even an old 15 rounder it was that long ago, (but maybe not) could barely make it to the final bell, then for some inexplicable reason the guy was so far ahead, he dropped his hands then Douglas (or whomever) landed ONE punch, knocked the guy out cold and won the world title.

This analogy reminds me of this ........right up until the final bell we had them reeling...RWHFAG dropped their guard (maybe intentionally) and BAM!! GSB landed the knockout blow.

We're done........

:cry:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Postby Boris Badenov on Sat May 05, 2018 8:30 am

People love a bit of misery and defeatism, don’t they? Perhaps because they have unrealistic expectations in the first place. Do people think that if we’d got a march of 10k that GSB would have sold the club by now? What do they expect would have been different? We might have got a little bit more attention, but not that much. Certainly not enough to justify all the crying over spilt milk that is going on.
Boris Badenov

Postby taffhammer on Sat May 05, 2018 8:45 am

Up the Junction wrote:You could, but I think you'd be wrong to.

This is my point, it's all speculation and yet you are very clear in your responses that the cancelled march had nothing to do with the board. I still don't see how you can justify those sentiments or why you would even make it unless you have been pressured to do so. I can't prove it but the way its all panned out the board couldn't have had a better outcome considering what was planned and didn't happen.
taffhammer

Postby Tenbury on Sat May 05, 2018 8:48 am

How much milk has to be spilt before it becomes a river you get sold down?
Tenbury

Postby Coops on Sat May 05, 2018 9:29 am

Boris Badenov wrote:People love a bit of misery and defeatism, don’t they? Perhaps because they have unrealistic expectations in the first place. Do people think that if we’d got a march of 10k that GSB would have sold the club by now? What do they expect would have been different? We might have got a little bit more attention, but not that much. Certainly not enough to justify all the crying over spilt milk that is going on.

If the march had gone ahead and it had been the promised thousands, without RWH bending over for her ladyship, without all the tittle tattle, personal attacks and playground politics, we would have had a movement.
The thousands would have come back again and again and life would be very uncomfortable for the spivs. Maybe the Burnley thing would have played out differently, for better or worse, but that is all chip paper now anyway. We are left without any momentum without any real voice. The board have won the war, West Ham as we knew it has gone and the board will continue to skim off the cream. All we have is a meme of a bloke with a flag.
Coops

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion