Protest/rally/march latest

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Protest/rally/march latest

Postby The Moth on Sat May 05, 2018 10:15 am

The organisers and people pushing the march sold us all out. There was a call to arms put out across social media and we followed , some having to travel long distances to be there a march for our club.

But from what Ive read on WHO the RWFAG and WHUFTV voted to cancel the march and what followed has killed any chance we had of being a united support against the board and what they have done to our club.

Now sadly its done the club is gone , our own support cowardly attacked fellows fans who had gone on the pitch at the burnley game , have those people been identified and banned? I doubt it. Im glad I was one of the few hundreds who bothered to march and also protest in the ground we made our voices heard but now I cant ever see our support coming together sufficiently to bring about the changes needed, we could have done it in my opinion but we qere sold out by our own supporters. :thdn:
The Moth

Postby Sauce! on Sat May 05, 2018 10:50 am

At the Man City march there was talk of marching again before the Everton game. We could well be in the bottom 3 by then and that might galvanise people into action.

What about a truce across the board and we all march on the 13th May under the banner...

West Ham Independent Fans Forever

You know it makes sense. :P
Sauce!

Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.

Postby Up the Junction on Sat May 05, 2018 12:57 pm

taffhammer wrote:This is my point, it's all speculation and yet you are very clear in your responses that the cancelled march had nothing to do with the board.

Taff, if you (and others) wish to maintain the cancellation of the march was the Board's doing, show me some supporting evidence. Otherwise we're just going round in circles.

taffhammer wrote: I can't prove it but the way its all panned out the board couldn't have had a better outcome considering what was planned and didn't happen.

That's simply not true, for the reasons I've already explained. But again, we're just going round in circles.

The Moth wrote:The organisers and people pushing the march sold us all out.

As someone involved in the process I put my reputation and business on the line to help my fellow West Ham fans.

But you may rest assured, Moth; it won't be happening again.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby roblo on Sat May 05, 2018 5:19 pm

Handful of people during and end sIinging anti-board stuff.

Now we’re safe, let’s make it relentless for the next two games.

Lying crooks, get out of our club.
roblo

Postby Ben on Sat May 05, 2018 8:51 pm

roblo wrote:Handful of people during and end sIinging anti-board stuff.

Now we’re safe, let’s make it relentless for the next two games.

Lying crooks, get out of our club.

This!
We rallied behind the team as suggested to support the fight to stay up and now it's time to turn our attention back to the board
Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby taffhammer on Sat May 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Up the Junction wrote:Taff, if you (and others) wish to maintain the cancellation of the march was the Board's doing, show me some supporting evidence. Otherwise we're just going round in circles.

They met with the RWHFG days before the march and the march was called off. How are they not involved ?
taffhammer

Postby e17 on Sat May 05, 2018 9:30 pm

100% need to resume hostilities with the Everton game
e17

Postby TonkaTwo on Sat May 05, 2018 9:57 pm

Are they laughing at us...

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018 ... ng-support

“The Club would like to place on record its thanks to each and every Season Ticket Holder and member of the West Ham family for your loyalty, commitment and dedication. RENEW YOUR SEASON TICKET NOW!”

That’s got to be a p!ss-take, surely?

The simple truth is, the supporters have done as we were asked, ceased hostilities and got behind the team until we were safe.

It’s now on the Board to deliver as effectively on some of their promises, and there is no better way to remind them of their commitments than with a march and/or protest at the 2 remaining games.

If we can’t muster up the necessary gumption to make that happen, then firstly all these recently formed supporter action groups will appear to be nowt more than tub-thumping wannabes, secondly our previous protests are easily dismissed as the whinging of a fickle group that have since been placated by survival, and finally - and perhaps most importantly - by letting this horror show of a season fizzle out like the damp squib that it is without a further murmur of protest, then we pretty much lose the right to credible future protest and deserve all we (don’t) get.

WHUISA, WHFAG, WHTV, the lot of you, whatever your stated purpose or supposed agenda, the time to make yourself heard is now. Because as far as I can see, this truly is your very last opportunity to have any kind of say in our future.
TonkaTwo

Postby Samba on Sat May 05, 2018 10:33 pm

Up the Junction wrote:As someone involved in the process I put my reputation and business on the line to help my fellow West Ham fans.
But you may rest assured, Moth; it won't be happening again.

That's sad to read guv but entirely understandable. I don't see how anyone could blame you.
I liked Moth's post. I don't think he was meaning it towards you, UtJ or anyone on KUMB.
We all know who (possibly..) let us down but that person or persons, wasn't you.
Samba

Postby Rocket on Sun May 06, 2018 8:27 am

I can only echo Samba's sentiments. UtJ and his ilk are good people who only want to do the right thing for West Ham fans, often for no thanks at all (or worse).
Rocket

Boycott the Everton game.

Postby Hugh Jargon II on Sun May 06, 2018 9:48 am

Don't attend the Everton game. It's the best way. In my opinion.

However....the only way for this too work is for it to be pushed by Kumb and all the rest. Coordinated direct action.
Hugh Jargon II

Postby Hammer.CA on Sun May 06, 2018 10:47 am

I put Doverhammer's 'Stolen By Pirates' banner up on the fence surrounding the car park on the approach to the ground near the away fans entrance yesterday. 5 minutes later the head of security came and told me it had to come down as it was the clubs fence, quick work, I wonder why?
Anyway I put it up on another fence further up the road near the Counting House, the Away fans pub. this was most probably a better location as it was on the junction of the main road and the road down to the stadium. I went and checked after the game and it had been torn down.
Last edited by Hammer.CA on Sun May 06, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer.CA

Postby Samba on Sun May 06, 2018 8:14 pm

Hammer.CA wrote:I put Doverhammer's 'Stolen By Pirates up on the fence surrounding the car park on the approach to the ground near the away fans entrance yesterday. 5 minutes later the head of security came and told me it had to come down as it was the clubs fence, quick work, I wonder why?
Anyway I put it up on another fence further up the road near the Counting House, the Away fans pub. this was most probably a better location as it was on the junction of the main road and the road down to the stadium. I went and checked after the game and it had been torn down.

:thup: Good work H.
Thanks for your efforts.
Samba

Postby e-20 on Mon May 07, 2018 1:10 am

Coops wrote:[

"Boris Badenov"]People love a bit of misery and defeatism, don’t they? Perhaps because they have unrealistic expectations in the first place. Do people think that if we’d got a march of 10k that GSB would have sold the club by now? What do they expect would have been different? We might have got a little bit more attention, but not that much. Certainly not enough to justify all the crying over spilt milk that is going on.

If the march had gone ahead and it had been the promised thousands, without RWH bending over for her ladyship, without all the tittle tattle, personal attacks and playground politics, we would have had a movement.
The thousands would have come back again and again and life would be very uncomfortable for the spivs. Maybe the Burnley thing would have played out differently, for better or worse, but that is all chip paper now anyway. We are left without any momentum without any real voice. The board have won the war, West Ham as we knew it has gone and the board will continue to skim off the cream. All we have is a meme of a bloke with a flag.

Absolutely right coops the Burnley game out of anger may well arguably have increased that moment of publicity (some negative mind) but the bigger picture was it was just a mortentary flash of anger compared to the fact that the development movement had been stopped in its tracks. Equally it made many uneasy about supporting it in those moments. What may have been a moment of humiliation for the owners has equally since been a total fizzling out of the movement and momentum previoysly created. So who in the wider world remembers that even now without being reminded and who will do so in the impending black hole of no publicity in 2 or 3 months time. A flash point it may have been but increasingly a true opposition movement uniting thousands has despite that high profile toxic moment bern turned into a nerd flash in the pan instead as things stand. Just ask yourself which would the Daves and their pet hound been more scared of. I really can't believe many would say that day against Burnley for all the momentary humiliation they no doubt felt would be worse than a less fiery but continuous bout of sustained protest and in the end the publicity probably greater for the latter for surely the Burnley writings have already become since then nothing but whatever the digital equivalent of chip paper is for most people even fans. There are differences between short lived high profile battles and actually winning a drawn out war.
e-20

Postby Billydinho on Mon May 07, 2018 1:30 am

I can promise that as a young boy I never scored a goal that I dreamed would keep West Ham up.
Billydinho

Postby kayahammer on Mon May 07, 2018 2:40 am

Isn't it a bit late if the protest/rally/ has to be done before April :eh:
kayahammer

Postby Rocket on Mon May 07, 2018 7:31 pm

The direct action group has become a marketing page for Centreforce Radio today.
Rocket

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Mon May 07, 2018 7:34 pm

I reckon that's where that "missing" 25K ended up personally...

allegedly....
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Sauce! on Fri May 11, 2018 9:32 am

Sorry to bump the thread (from bottom of page 2 :fsake: ) but is there going to be any form of protest before the Everton game and if so when & where.

If not can I assume that we are all content with another year of making up the numbers in the "Best League in the World".

GSB OUT
Sauce!

Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.

Postby Diogenes on Fri May 11, 2018 9:42 am

Sauce! wrote:Sorry to bump the thread (from bottom of page 2 :fsake: ) but is there going to be any form of protest before the Everton game and if so when & where.

If not can I assume that we are all content with another year of making up the numbers in the "Best League in the World".

GSB OUT

For any sort of organised protest you need a united fan base and supporter groups . That we aint.
Diogenes

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion